Diaco interview with Thamel | The Boneyard

Diaco interview with Thamel

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Bob Diaco talks UConn football and how he acquired JFK's Fettuccine Alfredo recipe

CR: So to transition to football for a bit. You went from 2–10 your first year to a bowl last year. What can we expect from UConn in year three?

Diaco: We expect to compete for a championship in the American Conference. We don't intend to get pushed around, we intend the games to be tight and have an opportunity to win the game in the fourth quarter. There is a difference between piloting the space shuttle and moving the space shuttle into place. They're both important jobs, but one is a bit more technical than the other. A two-minute drill in a bowl game would be like piloting the space shuttle. We weren't ready to win those games. We need to be ready to win those games next fall.

We also work on tackling and block destruction every single day. Not a day goes by we don't work on it.

CR: You just signed an extension through 2020. Are you excited to keep building here?

Diaco: I am, I love it. It's the nicest place we've ever lived, absolutely beautiful state, beautiful community. I think President Herbst is the best president in the country. She's fantastic, great to work for, so down to earth. She's really hands-on. Even at Football 101, she's throwing passes. She caught a couple of touchdowns and spiked the ball.

And then, I get to come to work every day. If I want to, and even if I don't want to, I get to talk to coach [Geno] Auriemma. I get to talk to coach [Jim] Calhoun. Get to talk to coach [Kevin] Ollie. Get to talk to coach [Nancy] Stevens. Get to talk to coach [Ray] Reid. We're talking about an athletic department staff that if you put the national championships on this giant table, they wouldn't fit. That's spectacular. What a resource. They're so down to earth and available to me at any time, that's an honor.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
He is still on plan. There should be some payoff this year with a winning record and a couple big wins.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Last edited:

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Major fundraising opportunity missed.

A throat punch to Thamel nets 5 figures easily.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Why fight it?
In the rebuilding years of a football program it is best not to get to too high or too low in the preseason since there will be plenty of both during the course of the season.

Reaction Score
In the rebuilding years of a football program it is best not to get to too high or too low in the preseason since there will be plenty of both during the course of the season.

Wisdom!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman