Diaco gets DC Job At Purdue | The Boneyard

Diaco gets DC Job At Purdue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The Boilermakers come to The Rent for a game on Sept. 11, 2021. The Huskies will travel to Indiana to play Purdue on Sept. 13, 2025.
If Diaco survives the 2020 season, we’ll see his red pants here again soon.

Have to peg the odds at less than 50% he's still there come game time in 2021. He (like so many in college football) is always on the move.

Reaction Score
That's where he belongs... He's not a HC... He's a circus as a HC, which doesn't work...And he's still eatin good off of us.. I sure hope the troops Edsall's been bringing in will put a hammer to that Diaco D in 2021....

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Meanwhile I would expect a couple UConn kids to land there. I dont think Diaco will ignore his kids in the portal, surely he will invite a couple to Purdue. Of course, grad school at Purdue might not be so easy (IDK).

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
The Boilermakers come to The Rent for a game on Sept. 11, 2021. The Huskies will travel to Indiana to play Purdue on Sept. 13, 2025.
If Diaco survives the 2020 season, we’ll see his red pants here again soon.
He won’t be there he’ll be collecting yet another check

Reaction Score
Diaco's DC at UConn, Anthony Poindexter, was co-DC at Purdue. I wonder if he is being demoted or if he will be co-DC with Diaco.

The only UConn transfer that Purdue might be interested in is Tyler Coyle. Then again, I think Diaco probably wants to rebuild his career as a P5 DC and he will probably focus on players that will help him.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Reunited with poindexter. I thought one of the malcontents was there too?
Zecchino is from Diaco's hometown <---And he is still listed as 6'0'' 190lbs ....as a LS.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Diaco's DC at UConn, Anthony Poindexter, was co-DC at Purdue. I wonder if he is being demoted or if he will be co-DC with Diaco.

The only UConn transfer that Purdue might be interested in is Tyler Coyle. Then again, I think Diaco probably wants to rebuild his career as a P5 DC and he will probably focus on players that will help him.
Definitely thinking Coyle... but will he find a second slot? I definitely see him finding a second slot after Coyle if Purdue has its roster in good order....but only if.

I just think Diaco is crazy enough to do this- to try to find a home for a couple of his old UConn boys if has a couple slots. It’s only one year.

Btw I heard Coyle has a P5 offer received weeks ago...different school

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Definitely thinking Coyle... but will he find a second slot? I definitely see him finding a second slot after Coyle if Purdue has its roster in good order....but only if.

I just think Diaco is crazy enough to do this- to try to find a home for a couple of his old UConn boys if has a couple slots. It’s only one year.

Btw I heard Coyle has a P5 offer received weeks ago...different school
Purdue is tight on spots. Signed 25 last year and 21 so far this year. Plus, it's not Diaco's decision.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Purdue is tight on spots. Signed 25 last year and 21 so far this year. Plus, it's not Diaco's decision.
He got Murphy to LA Tech.

Poindexter is on the staff. Kevin Wolthausen as well.

Diaco is Diaco. He will relish this situation.

Okay, so with four slots he might find room for just one former Husky.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Murphy was not on the field much in the LT Bowl game. When Red Pants came here there was a theme from his assistants that he was a semi genius and they were here to help him. Then the whole thing went south as he blamed the offensive lineman for calling the running play that lost the Navy game. Up yours Bob.

Reaction Score
Imagine what that type of moving does to his family. No security.
He's got financial security for sure. Still being paid by Uconn and Nebraska I believe plus a nice salary

Reaction Score
This account is from yesterday’s W Lafayette (IN) newspaper article about Purdue’s new DC, Bob Diaco. It’s indicative (and eerily reminiscent) of how Warde Manuel spoke after hiring BD as our HC. One thing is certain. Diaco has mastered the interview process.

Skip Holtz hired Diaco at Louisiana Tech before the 2019 season. Holtz was asked about the process in the spring and highlighted Diaco's energy and passion as two areas that stood out.
“It’s one of the things he brings. When Bob and sat down in that first interview at the coaches convention, we talked about meeting at 8am and I had set another one at 9:30 and another at 11. I had about three or four interviews lined up,” Holtz told the Monroe News Star in March. "At 12 o’clock, I was still sitting there with coach Diaco. I think he’s a really good football coach, I think he’s incredibly smart and knowledgeable. But he’s also got great energy out on the field and I think the players are feeding off that energy.
“The energy and passion he had after four hours into the interview and his knowledge of what he wants to do with the defense really impressed me. I knew at that time he was the right guy for the position. He was my first interview and after that, my mind was made up.”

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
This account is from yesterday’s W Lafayette (IN) newspaper article about Purdue’s new DC, Bob Diaco. It’s indicative (and eerily reminiscent) of how Warde Manuel spoke after hiring BD as our HC. One thing is certain. Diaco has mastered the interview process.

Skip Holtz hired Diaco at Louisiana Tech before the 2019 season. Holtz was asked about the process in the spring and highlighted Diaco's energy and passion as two areas that stood out.
“It’s one of the things he brings. When Bob and sat down in that first interview at the coaches convention, we talked about meeting at 8am and I had set another one at 9:30 and another at 11. I had about three or four interviews lined up,” Holtz told the Monroe News Star in March. "At 12 o’clock, I was still sitting there with coach Diaco. I think he’s a really good football coach, I think he’s incredibly smart and knowledgeable. But he’s also got great energy out on the field and I think the players are feeding off that energy.
“The energy and passion he had after four hours into the interview and his knowledge of what he wants to do with the defense really impressed me. I knew at that time he was the right guy for the position. He was my first interview and after that, my mind was made up.”
That flag waving idiot we had on the sideline had a lot of "energy" too but i'm not hiring him to run my special teams.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1577804851132.png

Bob Diaco, ruining college football one program at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom