Diaco Complaint Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Diaco Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I'm interested to see what they and a few others bring (Leone, DeGeorge in particular), but when considering what he's already done with NFL players...God help us...
George DeLeone?!? haha

Reaction Score
Well, all I know is we have a hell of mess on our hands and apparently have either a hamstrung administration or incompetent administration, or some of both. Keeping Diaco will be a disaster under every scenario unless he pulls a miracle season out his useless . If we have a losing season, a deeper hole is dug from which we may never escape. If he goes 6 or 7 wins it's even worse because he makes a claim for another year and pushes us back even farther into irrelevance and his Shiite recruiting will have the cupboards full of FCS level players that never fully develop like the bunch he has now. No, this single decision to keep this Clown could ripple for years. Whoever takes over will have a real crap sandwich to digest. Time to pull off the band aid and clean out the infection. It's only going to get worse.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Well, all I know is we have a hell of mess on our hands and apparently have either a hamstrung administration or incompetent administration, or some of both. Keeping Diaco will be a disaster under every scenario unless he pulls a miracle season out his useless . If we have a losing season, a deeper hole is dug from which we may never escape. If he goes 6 or 7 wins it's even worse because he makes a claim for another year and pushes us back even farther into irrelevance and his Shiite recruiting will have the cupboards full of FCS level players that never fully develop like the bunch he has now. No, this single decision to keep this Clown could ripple for years. Whoever takes over will have a real crap sandwich to digest. Time to pull off the band aid and clean out the infection. It's only going to get worse.

See my signature below...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
[to be heard in Ralphie's voice from "A Christmas Story", just as he explained Scut Farkus's "yellow eyes"]

Bob Diaco staring out at the field with his red pants. He had red pants! SO HELP ME GOD, RED PANTS!!

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I hope I didn't read our commits 9 and 10 only had FCS offers. We've been reduced to FCS level.

With Fiasco at the helm and our present offense, we'd be lucky to finish .500 in the Colonial. Some of those FCS teams would light up our D as if they were being coached by "Air" Coryell.

C

Chief00

Look, the biggest problem is Diaco and his staff have not been able to coach units up. OL - unmitigated disaster.
WR - OK, TE - regressed, RB - no change, QB - backwards, DL- backwards, LB- backwards, DB - backwards, special teams- backwards.

Do we realize 3 years ago- we had a DB of OBI, Byron Jones and Andrew Adams - 2 guys are NFL starters and the 3rd could be next year.
It is not just the recruiting- it is the breakdown of each unit which has gone backwards due to philosophy or coaching- in other words - coaching. The team looks better in a uniform, but hasn't been coached up or better as a unit. This is Diaco's biggest problem, not his stupid words, his culture of love, etc.
Personally, get the right coach in here and we can be back in a few years. No one did a bigger resurection job than Al Golden(Jesus doesn't count in this conversation.) That is who I want in here-someone who built something from nothing and can do it again, with more resources.

Arguably true then - but our talent has declined significantly under Diaco.

C

Chief00

So I agree entirely with you that offers matter, etc. I know many of here tout this all the time and I agree with it. However, I am not quite sure how it's expected to be corrected. Sure, we could target, and do target, players that other AAC schools are going after. However, we are losing every single one we go after it seems. Even the one we got flipped to Temple. Does anyone truly believe we can beat out any of these AAC schools at this point? So what's the magic fix? Would people rather Diaco just doesn't have a recruiting class because we don't want recruits that only have FCS offers and maybe a random FBS offer? I mean seriously?

I'm not trying to excuse our poor recruiting class based on offers because Diaco has made his bed based on this teams performance under him. However, we can't just magically make these recruits come here. We aren't in a position to be beating out our conference mates so we need to find other recruits. No one is looking at UConn and saying they HAVE to go there. That's the problem and something I wish the school would fix by firing Diaco, but seeing how they aren't, Diaco has to do what he can to put a team on the field next year.
Agree he needs to be fired - will cost more money keeping him in the long run. Other programs react much quicker.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
This class is an unmitigated disaster.

Anyone who says otherwise is woefully ignorant.

What the "this player made the NFL with no offers" crowd never grasps is that just because 5,10,15 guys make the pros with no offers doesn't overwrite the fact that we've always had bad recruiting and correct me if I'm wrong, have only had 3 winning in conference seasons as a FBS program.

That speaks volumes and now we aren't even recruiting at a MAC level?

Just awful to see what has become here.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Woah, Pump. The. Brakes. I'm a new member here but have drifted in and out for a while. I need your optimism. I tell ev re body how great we're gonna be. I'm either ignored or have to delve into MY theory of relativity after being told I'm nuts. I'm not nuts, I come here to prove that to myself. In all sincerity, please keep predicting perfect seasons.

Don't worry. I'm contractually obligated to predict an undefeated season. Also, if I don't, I'm pretty sure that Greg Lloyd will knock the helmet straight off of my head. I think you know exactly what I'm talking about...

Oh great, years of predicting undefeated seasons has finally taken its toll. Honestly, it was only a matter of time. I'll come visit you "both" at the hospital so that we can reminisce about all of those undefeated Diaco seasons we all enjoyed. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom