Diaco: 2015 QB is Up for Grabs, Wants Starter Solidified by End of Spring | The Boneyard

Diaco: 2015 QB is Up for Grabs, Wants Starter Solidified by End of Spring

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
2016 head coach is up for grabs too.

Too bad for Matt Pravda isn't hiring. Maybe North Korea needs a blogger...

Reaction Score
More head scratchers. If his injuries affected his play that much why play him?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see who on Diaco's coaching staff walks out this winter. Of course, might be hard to leave at this point - willingly anyway with a 2 win season under your belt.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
We need a JUCO or Kevin Olsen, somebody with actual talent in addition to Shireffs and Davis.
Absolutely need a JUCO at QB. Shireffs is an unknown, Davis is obviously young and frankly, wasn't a big time passer in high school, so if he's going be crazy legs Colin Kapernick, I want him to get two years in the weight room. Boyle can't see the field with the first team next year, its time wasted.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
We need a QB in the absolute worst way and all our hope is in an NC state transfer, a true freshman that was a run first guy in HS with no other decent offers and Boyle.

Has to be someone out there that can help.

There's gotta be walk on in the sec that wouldn't mind be a starter somewhere.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Did you hear that UAB dropped football, has a QB that threw for 22ooyds and had 14-6, TD to INT ratio?:)
Don't let Cummings near that kid.

Reaction Score
Did you hear that UAB dropped football, has a QB that threw for 22ooyds and had 14-6, TD to INT ratio?:)

That kid is going to have a bunch of offers. Why would he come here? And I don't want to hear "playing time". Talented kids like him will have the opportunity for playing time almost anywhere. No reason to come play at UConn in this miserable conference

Reaction Score

That would be nice but you'd have to convince him to jump from a program that just folded to come play for the worst D1 team in the nation. Tough sell but I would obviously welcome him if he came here.

Reaction Score
That kid is going to have a bunch of offers. Why would he come here? And I don't want to hear "playing time". Talented kids like him will have the opportunity for playing time almost anywhere. No reason to come play at UConn in this miserable conference

Its 2200 yds passing, Its not like their sophomore RB who rushed for 1600 yds, that kid already has P5 offers from Wisconsin and Louisville and I even think LSU.

He may or may not have better options than UConn. There are few places he could go where he is almost guaranteed to be better than waht is already there, because few places have anywhere near as bad a QB position as us. At least kick the tires.

Reaction Score
After the SMU turnover in the 4th Q with a real long timeout for those of us at the game we came out and had a great play call and Boyle threw a fastball off target to a wide open Max. If Boyle is the starter out of Spring ball I will not renew my season tickets. Sitting there watching years of offense that is a trainwreck is starting to take it's toll.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

If you want to know where CR really bites us in the butt, it's situations like this. A UConn BCS conference team would have a shot at a kid like this. It was a huge boost to Randy. Now, our tiny recruiting pool just shrunk.

C

Chief00

I left early in the 3rd quarter but the turnovers I remember at QB in a truly forgetable game were Fox's fumble and Whitmer's interception. I really do think it's a lack of flexibility in the scheme. Diaco says the whole game is pre scripted so if you take him at his word it does explain its of crazy things.

The notion that the coaching staff who collectively gets paid millions should not make any Intra game adjustments is interesting.

Reaction Score
If it's Boyle coming out of spring I'm not renewing my tix. Kid has shown me NOTHING to indicate he can win footballgames

Reaction Score
Its 2200 yds passing, Its not like their sophomore RB who rushed for 1600 yds, that kid already has P5 offers from Wisconsin and Louisville and I even think LSU.

He may or may not have better options than UConn. There are few places he could go where he is almost guaranteed to be better than waht is already there, because few places have anywhere near as bad a QB position as us. At least kick the tires.

He is already being mentioned at schools like Texas, UCLA & LSU.

If you really think that we can even kick the tires you are dreaming

Reaction Score
He is already being mentioned at schools like Texas, UCLA & LSU.

If you really think that we can even kick the tires you are dreaming
Those are all good options if he wants to spend his last year holding a clip board. So maybe he is a reach, go find a graduate student or juco to compete. Jimys post above nails it. Going into next with just those three options feels an awful lot like a guy setting himself up to continue blaming his failures on the previous regime.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'd be more miserable if I hadn't been a Pittsburgh Pirates fan the past seven years. That hapless team blew it all up, built a system and a culture, invested in development, went backwards for a couple of years and voila, little sisters of the poor made the playoffs twice. Decent players actually want to come here now.

I know there's a big difference between pros and college. Nevertheless, I'll give Diaco the benefit of the doubt and another year, as difficult as it was to watch this one.

Reaction Score
I left early in the 3rd quarter but the turnovers I remember at QB in a truly forgetable game were Fox's fumble and Whitmer's interception. I really do think it's a lack of flexibility in the scheme. Diaco says the whole game is pre scripted so if you take him at his word it does explain its of crazy things.

The notion that the coaching staff who collectively gets paid millions should not make any Intra game adjustments is interesting.

I wonder if having the whole game pre-scripted includes the final score?

Reaction Score
''We would have liked to win more games, but not compromising the foundation that we've built and laid,'' Diaco said. ''It is strong. It is here to stay forever and we are putting and prepared to put layers on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom