Dhameer Bradley Gets Release, Leaving Program (Dez) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dhameer Bradley Gets Release, Leaving Program (Dez)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe he'll end up at Fordham with Moorhead. A few UConn transfers have had huge seasons down there.

Best of luck to you Dhameer

I think the kids who ended up at Fordham were either recruited by or played for Moorhead when he was here.

Reaction Score
I think the kids who ended up at Fordham were either recruited by or played for Moorhead when he was here.

I don't know. I'm not big into the whole recruiting thing. I'll pay attention the threads about recruits that commit here, but after that I don't really pay attention. Moorhead looks to run the system the Bradley wants to be in, and, to me at least, looks like it would be a good move.

Reaction Score
Nothing but the best of luck to this kid... loved him from the time he got here... Now watch him blow up wherever he ends up....

Reaction Score
Towson, would be my guess. Delaware might be a landing spot, based purely on a desire to play close to home. Best of luck to the kid.

Reaction Score
He has a very beautiful family. Met them at numerous tailgates, gracious and fun. You can tell form the article how much class Mr. Bradley has. Best of luck to DB.
Couldn't agree more...met them a few times as well and nothing but good things to say about them all.

Reaction Score
Great family. Dad Bashir and Mom Neicy raised two great kids. Like many of our football families they came a long distance to watch their son play. And very week, whether Dhameer was seeing the field or standing on the sidelines they made the drive from Delaware, often with lots of family in tow. We might see brother Sharif and wife Ashley, Aunt Val and Uncle Dwayne, cousins Leonard and Eric, and more. It's the kind of family sacrifice (financial and otherwise) that feeds my constant call to respect these families and demonstrate support for their sons by staying to the end of games. I plead guilty when I'm accused of being too invested in the players lives. That's OK. I'm just trying to match the investment of these great families in our football program. As fans, these Husky players are more than mere numbers in the program, they are our sons too. Dhameer will now move on with his life, football and otherwise, but he and his family will always be a part of ours.

Reaction Score
I feel like we've known this for months?
I think the writing was on the wall and we could all see it coming, but nothing was official. Maybe waiting toward the end of the semester to keep things in line academically? Also, who knows how long the process of requesting a release and the release being permitted might take?

Reaction Score
Great family. Dad Bashir and Mom Neicy raised two great kids. Like many of our football families they came a long distance to watch their son play. And very week, whether Dhameer was seeing the field or standing on the sidelines they made the drive from Delaware, often with lots of family in tow. We might see brother Sharif and wife Ashley, Aunt Val and Uncle Dwayne, cousins Leonard and Eric, and more. It's the kind of family sacrifice (financial and otherwise) that feeds my constant call to respect these families and demonstrate support for their sons by staying to the end of games. I plead guilty when I'm accused of being too invested in the players lives. That's OK. I'm just trying to match the investment of these great families in our football program. As fans, these Husky players are more than mere numbers in the program, they are our sons too. Dhameer will now move on with his life, football and otherwise, but he and his family will always be a part of ours.

BTW - its great to be invested in the player's lives. I'm sure they appreciate it and I don't think anyone has a problem with it. Not going to derail this thread, but it 100% affects your objectivity when analyzing the performance of players / coaches / etc.

Best of luck to Dhameer!

Reaction Score
It's great to be invested in the player's lives...but it 100% affects your objectivity when analyzing the performance of players/coaches/etc.

I don't doubt it makes me care more, but if we are truly "UConn Nation", we all should care more about these players and their families-- as well as our coaches. As for objectivity, I'm all for discipline and even dismissal for egregious conduct. No one gets a break from me. And when it comes to football performance, I simply don't tolerate snarky opinions of our talent on the field when, too often, it's compromised by poor coaching schemes and play calling mishaps. As a final note, despite my affection for Dhameer, I'd like you to show me where I "lost my objectivity" and lobbied for his getting more playing time.

Reaction Score
I don't doubt it makes me care more, but if we are truly "UConn Nation", we all should care more about these players and their families-- as well as our coaches. As for objectivity, I'm all for discipline and even dismissal for egregious conduct. No one gets a break from me. And when it comes to football performance, I simply don't tolerate snarky opinions of our talent on the field when, too often, it's compromised by poor coaching schemes and play calling mishaps. As a final note, despite my affection for Dhameer, I'd like you to show me where I "lost my objectivity" and lobbied for his getting more playing time.

Did I say you lost your objectivity with regards to Dhameer? No.
Did I say you lobbied for him to get more playing time? No.

My only point is that you will always default to "we have enough talent it must be coaching". I'm sure Mrs. Diaco would say "wow Bob if you just had more talent you'd be 8-2 - hang in there". I'm not sure that I'd take her word for it though. The possibility that we have good coaches teaching the proper concepts in the proper way to players who sometimes a) fail to grasp the concepts or b) don't have the talent to execute them consistently on game day seems to elude you. It is impossible that on a team largely filled with 2-3 star players that it is ALWAYS the coaching.

And perhaps if each one of our kids were coached individually and had a scheme that was solely tailored to his individual talents that would be great. But we don't have 85 coaches, and unfortunately we have to have 11 players on the field at 1 time, acting as 1. So you could argue that because we have 3 sets of recruits on this team mean that we can't win because all of the kids are talented but can't all run the same types of offense/defense that they were "mis-recruited".

But your "bolded" text says a lot. You are objective with regards to discipline / dismissal. But not evaluation of performance. I'm assuming that you aren't a D1 or NFL talent evaluator, so what is your basis of evaluation with regards to anyone's individual talent level?

You don't go to practice. If they run something in practice 20 times and they do it right and then do it wrong in the game you will blame play calling / coaching. 100% of the things that go right are due to the players and 100% of what goes wrong is on the coaches. That just doesn't reflect reality.

I'm 1000% in favor of supporting the players as people. I'm 1000% in favor of supporting them as players and hoping that they do better. I'm not the kind of person who thinks that a kid that makes a mistake should be nailed to the bench for the rest of his life, or that if he doesn't stack up that makes him a bad person.

I simply believe that sometimes players aren't good enough. That's real life. Oh well.

BTW - if you can't be critical of a player's performance because of your relationship to the players or their families? That's fair. I will just take everything you say with a grain of salt.

To recap:

In some cases it is coaching.
In some cases it is lack of talent.
It is not always one or the other.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one that finds the official reason for him transferring strange? When were we supposed to be a spread offense? If anythng, we are playing more spread now than when he came in (not that we have ever trully played a spread offense).
yep... let's ignore the Dad's comments, ignore the fact that they are taking the high road, and assume the worst... my guess is the kid is running from something.
let the conspiracy and tear-down process begin...

Reaction Score
My only point is that you will always default to "we have enough talent. I simply believe that sometimes players aren't good enough.

Sometimes coaches aren't good enough. Sometimes fans aren't good enough. That still doesn't mean we don't have talented players that are good enough. That's my only gripe. It's about comments like this one:

Businesslawyer said:
It's great you believe the players are good enough. That particular belief is contrary to all evidence.

I simply refuse to accept such a cynical view of our players. That's not an absence of objectivity. It's an example of rational observation.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Sometimes coaches aren't good enough. Sometimes fans aren't good enough.

But the players are always good enough? Sheesh man, we get it, you have an agenda. At least be up front about it and drop the veil of objectivity.

Reaction Score
But the players are always good enough? Sheesh man, we get it, you have an agenda. At least be up front about it and drop the veil of objectivity.

Are you delusional? Of course sometimes players aren't good enough. I'm talking about ignorant comments like this one. "It's great you believe the players are good enough. That particular belief is contrary to all evidence." Contrary to all evidence? Go ahead, support that statement.

Reaction Score
Nicest TD I have seen in awhile. Cochran to Bradley on post route vs. Memphis .

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Are you delusional? Of course sometimes players aren't good enough. I'm talking about ignorant comments like this one. "It's great you believe the players are good enough. That particular belief is contrary to all evidence." Contrary to all evidence? Go ahead, support that statement.

No, I'm not delusional, because while you were listing all the entities you thought sometimes weren't good enough, "players" was nowhere to be found. Given the tone of your posts and the fact that you always blame coaching regardless of what's going on, it's quite a reasonable assumption to assume you've never had a negative thought concerning the aptitude of any of our players ever cross your mind.

Reaction Score
Dhameer's going to be OK. I'm on campus and I'm pretty sure I just saw him zipping along, on a two-footed Segway type of thing, smiling and relaxed. Like a regular college kid, but with cool UConn garb on. Best wishes to him.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

The evidence is the win loss record and being outscored 2:1 by bowl teams even with the Houston win.

For the millionth time - when you get outscored 2:1 by the good/decent teams on your schedule and beat Nova/Army/Tulane by a total of 2 touchdowns one of two things must be true.

Either your players aren't good enough or your coaches aren't good enough.

There is no terra firma position that allows for the players are great and the coaches don't stink - no matter how many times you try to stick the flag in the ground.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I have no lack of respect of the players or their families - but maybe you are new to this? Their interest ends when their kids leave. Sure you'll come up with a handful of examples - but hundreds of players have come through the program - it isn't their families coming to Rentschler to sit through a game in the rain against Cincinnati at 2-9.

FYI they aren't our sons. That's plain flat crazy talk.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes they are. Although you're the last guy I'd nominate as their father.

Another dilly of a pickle for you... if they are you are stuck with me.

If we are all going to be parents we should get on the same page. I let mine know when they don't do well enough and don't accept their excuses...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom