DHam...the NBA is watching | Page 3 | The Boneyard

DHam...the NBA is watching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
First, I want to make it clear that I mean "like" Rip. He can't shoot like him at this point, and probably never will. I think Daniel is a good shooter that doesn't put himself in a good shooting position (balance, spot on the floor). I think some of this is because he is worrying about passing and dribbling first, and also because he's starting with the ball outside the three point line. A mid range game could do wonders for him. I can't believe that he doesn't eat up a zone as the guy flashing to the middle.

I just think he's playing too much towards the position he thinks he should be in the NBA.
I think there has to be a better way to use his talents. Maybe he's just one of those players that is good at everything , but isn't superior enough at one thing to be a superior player. A great guy to have on the team, but not the superstar we thought he'd be (more like a Denham Brown that didn't score 100 points in a high school game). I personally still think he can do more.
I really don't understand what the bolded means, and I really don't know how they're misusing his talents. Everything that's wrong with his offensive game right now begins and ends with his inability to make shots and quick decisions with the ball.

Reaction Score
I really don't understand what the bolded means, and I really don't know how they're misusing his talents. Everything that's wrong with his offensive game right now begins and ends with his inability to make shots and quick decisions with the ball.
I don't know if it's an inability to make GOOD shots. He came out shooting well last game, with two 3s on good, clean looks. He then settled back into a bad pattern of taking difficult shots and the results were predictable. DHam shot 40% last year and is right at that mark for this year as well, but that's after this awful 18-81 stretch. Prior to that he was shooting closer to 50%, largely due to taking better shots I believe. Moreso than any other player on the team, DHam offensively will benefit from Amida being back.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Okay...I will be much better off health-wise if Daniel Hamilton STOPS driving to the hole and then once he is 5 feet away from the waiting rim...dishes off to somebody who is 20 feet away. Just maddening.

I admit I only saw the last 6+ minutes of yesterday's game but man, this kid must have done the feeble glass attack 4 times. I swear twice he had a layup begging for a score.

He does not want the Alpha Dawg tag. And I swear we all had him pegged as The Man coming in. I am assuming we will all have Jalen Adams as 20017's Alpha Dawg? I will be cool with this if he matures.

Reaction Score
Hamilton will have his chances at an NBA roster. All in all, he's a pretty ideal fit for today's league. He's 6'8 with decent handles and is a capable and willing passer. There aren't many guys at his size who are decent playmakers at age 20. He shoots it okay from deep and NBA teams will believe they can improve that aspect of his game. There have been guys coming out of college the last several years who were far worse shooters than him and turned into respectable corner threats. His biggest issues will be athleticism and obviously defense but teams will take a chance on developing his already versatile game.

Reaction Score
Okay...I will be much better off health-wise if Daniel Hamilton STOPS driving to the hole and then once he is 5 feet away from the waiting rim...dishes off to somebody who is 20 feet away. Just maddening.

I admit I only saw the last 6+ minutes of yesterday's game but man, this kid must have done the feeble glass attack 4 times. I swear twice he had a layup begging for a score.

He does not want the Alpha Dawg tag. And I swear we all had him pegged as The Man coming in. I am assuming we will all have Jalen Adams as 20017's Alpha Dawg? I will be cool with this if he matures.
Maybe next time you might want to watch more than 6 mins of a game before commenting and bashing 1 of the only 2 players who played well on offense yesterday. Just a suggestion

Reaction Score
I totally disagree.

This thread wasn't started to bash him. 90% of the Yard (incl. me) had him going to the NBA this season. Last season he flashed everything needed. Just needed to hone it all this year. Alas, that offensive mentality is seemingly absent. Timid drives toward the basket. Dumb shots.

I think if he just consistently drops 16+/game he is back to the NBA prospect watch list. Especially for a wing man/2 guard. Seriously hoping he raises the offensive game and it just might be Amida to the rescue for him.
I think he really gets down easily, lacks mental toughness of great ones. All the skills are there. He needs a little more old man in his game on drives to the hoop, nuances of getting a good shot. But when he shoots it under control and squared up, he's fine. The nuances can be taught, I worry the mental toughness may never come.

I think the team feeds off DHam so I'm really hopeful the light will come on and he'll realize he has all the tools to be great. Just missing a little nuance and the big one, the mentality that no one is going to stop him.

Reaction Score
I think he really gets down easily, lacks mental toughness of great ones. All the skills are there. He needs a little more old man in his game on drives to the hoop, nuances of getting a good shot. But when he shoots it under control and squared up, he's fine. The nuances can be taught, I worry the mental toughness may never come.

I think the team feeds off DHam so I'm really hopeful the light will come on and he'll realize he has all the tools to be great. Just missing a little nuance and the big one, the mentality that no one is going to stop him.
He also doesn't maximize his opportunities to get to the line, which an 85% free throw shooter should absolutely do. I'm surprised by how much some people are blaming DHam for yesterday's loss though. If he doesn't have one of his best shooting days of the season, we're blown out of the building.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Maybe next time you might want to watch more than 6 mins of a game before commenting and bashing 1 of the only 2 players who played well on offense yesterday. Just a suggestion
Nah...he wilted in WINNING time.

Reaction Score
Nah...he wilted in WINNING time.

I guess you missed him keeping the team in the game with an opportunity to win. Without his shooting down the stretch it's a 10+ point lead and out of reach

Reaction Score
The NBA takes a lot of players on potential. On the plus side we have rebounding, assists and court vision. Downside is shooting, defense and handle. Once in the NBA they spend all day and night shooting so you would expect that to improve dramatically. Don't see him as a point guard. I expect after next season he makes it though.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Once in the lane he looks to pass first then has to shoot as he's up in the air. Take the open shot, learn to use the backboard!
I commented on the same in another post. He gives up way to many points. Always kicks it out to Purvis to try to bring the house down. Just get the two points will ya!

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Ummm....I think if you keep up with the shake and bakes, spinny moves and rim busters you are looking at year 3 as a Husky.

So, raise you game, kid.

Loved the rebounding, tho!!!
He is a rebounding fool for sure. Gets the rebound and he is on his way down court. Excellent. Although it seems more than half either gets his pocket picked, errant pass or a typical pass for a three. For years I always enjoyed your posts however sadly I have to disagree. Maybe at one time he was on his way. However, my opinion, no where near NBA prospect as of this post.

Reaction Score
He's not going anywhere, there were hardly anyone at the tables under the baskets there's not a lot of interest for now and it's obvious why. They would project him after improvement next year but for now a guy who shoots 33% from point blank range and turns it over inexcusably too often is not high on the list. He can rebound, he can play but much like AB he's the perfect imperfect player (stole it form Matrim;)) and not ready at all.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
DHam does not have one credible NBA skill. He won't rebound at his height and weight.
He won't dribble more than three time before the ball is stolen. He shoots poorly from the three and from eight feet. His only assist play is the lob to Brimah.
DHam can't defend Lebron James' mailbox. He is struggling at the mid major level he is playing at right now.
DHam would have recieved little playing time on the 2014 championship team.
There is no way Ollie takes the ball from Bazz or Boat and lets Hamilton run the show.
Giffey was five times the defender DHam is and a much better three point shooter.
Daniels was better at posting up, defending and shooting threes.
Brimah was patrolling the paint along with Nolan.
Calhoun was hitting the open three and Kromah was a very versatile sixth man who made very little mistakes.
Ollie would never let DHam toss the ball around like a frisbee on a windy day.
DHam is a four year player and if he doesn't improve on every aspect of his game,
he may be Nolanized by his senior year.

Reaction Score
Nothing wrong with playing college ball for 4 years. Plus I hear we will be a final4 team on 2017

Reaction Score
He needs to get in the gym and do nothing but work on his footwork and shooting all summer.

Reaction Score
DHam does not have one credible NBA skill. He won't rebound at his height and weight.
He won't dribble more than three time before the ball is stolen. He shoots poorly from the three and from eight feet. His only assist play is the lob to Brimah.
DHam can't defend Lebron James' mailbox. He is struggling at the mid major level he is playing at right now.
DHam would have recieved little playing time on the 2014 championship team.
There is no way Ollie takes the ball from Bazz or Boat and lets Hamilton run the show.
Giffey was five times the defender DHam is and a much better three point shooter.
Daniels was better at posting up, defending and shooting threes.
Brimah was patrolling the paint along with Nolan.
Calhoun was hitting the open three and Kromah was a very versatile sixth man who made very little mistakes.
Ollie would never let DHam toss the ball around like a frisbee on a windy day.
DHam is a four year player and if he doesn't improve on every aspect of his game,
he may be Nolanized by his senior year.
Come on man, this is a little ridiculous. He has NBA skills, just needs to improve them, just like every prospect has to. You're right, he won't rebound at this rate because he won't be asked to. He will most likely be a SF. Not many, if any, SF's average 9 boards a game. He is a good passer and will only get better. Yes, he needs to work very hard on his shooting. But shooting can be learned easier than instincts. Im not saying he's the second coming, I'm saying if he puts in the work this summer and becomes a more consistent shooter, and puts more effort in on the Defensive end, he can be a good player. Also, that last Nolan point was one of the dumber things I've read on here.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If he becomes a knockdown swing-man he will find a home. Defense must improve however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom