"Dez Sez"? What the flying ........... | The Boneyard

"Dez Sez"? What the flying ...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
This is what our supposed #1 beat writer has to say after a big win today?

"DEZ SEZ
That Don Brown is something else. What a plan he had devised to flummox Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater to give the Huskies a great chance to win — and they did.
GOOD NUMBER
2 — As in the number of games UConn has won back-to-back for the first time in the Pasqualoni era.
BAD NUMBER
9 — The number of total completions between Chandler Whitmer and Johnny McEntee in 28 combined attempts.
TURNING POINT
The Blidi Wreh-Wilson pick in the end zone to start the third overtime meant that whatever the Huskies did — touchdown, field goal — the game was over. Chad Christen calmly hit the game winner from 30.
THIS WEEK AT PRACTICE
Focus in on whatever it takes to beat Cincinnati on Senior Day at Rentschler Field."

What amazing insight and in depth analysis from "DEZ". I had no idea we'd spend this week focusing on whatever it takes to beat Cincy on Senior Day at home. Hartford Courant editor, if you read this, I'll write better post game reports, without the slang, for 1/4 of what you pay this hack.

Reaction Score
He's pretty much right. There is zero substance in there. Anyone here could write something that informative in 10 minutes. I suppose that's the point of blogs though. People want to consume information they already know.

Reaction Score
This is what our supposed #1 beat writer has to say after a big win today?

"DEZ SEZ
That Don Brown is something else. What a plan he had devised to flummox Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater to give the Huskies a great chance to win — and they did.
GOOD NUMBER
2 — As in the number of games UConn has won back-to-back for the first time in the Pasqualoni era.
BAD NUMBER
9 — The number of total completions between Chandler Whitmer and Johnny McEntee in 28 combined attempts.
TURNING POINT
The Blidi Wreh-Wilson pick in the end zone to start the third overtime meant that whatever the Huskies did — touchdown, field goal — the game was over. Chad Christen calmly hit the game winner from 30.
THIS WEEK AT PRACTICE
Focus in on whatever it takes to beat Cincinnati on Senior Day at Rentschler Field."

What amazing insight and in depth analysis from "DEZ". I had no ****ing idea we'd spend this week focusing on whatever it takes to beat Cincy on Senior Day at home. Hartford Courant editor, if you read this, I'll write better post game reports, without the slang, for 1/4 of what you pay this hack.

Link?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
This is how I'll feel the first time Desmond writes something worth reading......

anigif_enhanced-buzz-23958-1353611423-0.gif

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Dez is beginning to sound like to old, dried-out DJ who's still living in the 1960's giving soundbites on what happened in local sports because it is required for two minutes every three hours.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Dez is beginning to sound like to old, dried-out DJ who's still living in the 1960's giving soundbites on what happened in local sports because it is required for two minutes every three hours.
Like Scott Gray.

Reaction Score
There were tweets going around yesterday about UConn media members celebrating the win, we're they referring to Des, Joe D, Emily Noonan? Anyone know?

Reaction Score
He's pretty much right. There is zero substance in there. Anyone here could write something that informative in 10 minutes. I suppose that's the point of blogs though. People want to consume information they already know.
I love this picture... in a see of frustration, this just pops me back to reality and shows what is really important...

Reaction Score

Ya know that is part of our problem... the whole social media paradigm shift is causing reporters to parse out bits of information over time. One conversation/interview gets broken down into 140 character bites till the whole story is gone. In the meantime the rest of us are sitting here looking for substance.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Ya know that is part of our problem... the whole social media paradigm shift is causing reporters to parse out bits of information over time. One conversation/interview gets broken down into 140 character bites till the whole story is gone. In the meantime the rest of us are sitting here looking for substance.

I agree. Everyone thinks that in the digital age, it should be so much better, due to the speed and connectivity of the information. But it's actually worse, IMO. The information is not well thought out, there is no editing process to speak of, and people just pass along crap that other crappy people have generated (MHVer? Are you out there??). The "4th Estate" is broken, my friend...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom