Dez Conner on Bower Show ESPN Radio 97.9 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dez Conner on Bower Show ESPN Radio 97.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Get real. If Ollie bombs this season you'll be just as pissed and moody as you are right now about P.

Let him coach a little bit before we say he's a "30 year coach".

Will you be upset when Shaka's team goes to the second weekend again and he interviews here in April?

Reaction Score
Will you be upset when Shaka's team goes to the second weekend again and he interviews here in April?

Will you be upset when Ollie gets a 5 year contract this year and Shaka's team is at home like Uconn watching the tournament?

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
It's a smoke screen betcha at least half if not all are gone for next season,no fans no dough and as we know everything in the world revolves around the almighty $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Look I know we are all frustrated here but why shoot the messenger (Dez)? He's just reporting what his sources are telling him. Why not get pissed at the actual decision makers instead?

Reaction Score
Will you be upset when Ollie gets a 5 year contract this year and Shaka's team is at home like Uconn watching the tournament?

Shaka lost one player off of last year's team. They are going to be very, very good this year.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Look I know we are all frustrated here but why shoot the messenger (Dez)? He's just reporting what his sources are telling him. Why not get pissed at the actual decision makers instead?

For the record, I am not upset with Dez. I created this thread just to add the part of the story that Dez has gotten this info from sources, which is new info. Before it was just his opinion, now he is saying people in the know have told him this.

Reaction Score
I'm sure his sources have dinner with Warde every night and Warde tells them that all is well. (wink, wink) He then tells his sources to leave out the wink, wink when talking to Des.

According to Dez, PP will be around even if the team goes 0-7 in the Big East, 3-9 overall. This is supposedly guaranteed per sources. I don't believe it myself.......if I'm AD right now, I don't think that I would tip my hand to a newspaper in the middle of the season. Would only cause confusion an hurt the program. I think PP will get the boot if the team goes 0-7 in the big east. I'm sure there will be a riot if that is the case, and he comes back for 13

Reaction Score
So if P comes back is that the admin. saying that we are going to be bad no matter who the coach is so why pay the buyout in 2012?

Reaction Score
I'm wondering what our new AD's impression of the program was when he got here. Was it the bad press after the Fiesta, the loss to Michigan? If he didn't have the sense that we were a better team because we ran into the hottest offense in the country in a bowl game or couldn't put the clamps on a healthy DRob or catch the ball that day then maybe his expectations were a lot lower than those of us looking to progress from a consistently good team to one ready to make a mark nationally. If he really feels something similar to what's been called the "trailer" mentality, it's going to be a bitter pill to see the program slip back as if we were a I-AA transition school with a 5 year plan.

Reaction Score
if PP is still here past December 4 then you know that 1) Uconn is stuck in the Big East for the foreseeable future; 2) they are giving up all hope of having a nationally competitive football program; 3) they don't have any money to spend on coaches

Reaction Score
I'm wondering what our new AD's impression of the program was when he got here. Was it the bad press after the Fiesta, the loss to Michigan? If he didn't have the sense that we were a better team because we ran into the hottest offense in the country in a bowl game or couldn't put the clamps on a healthy DRob or catch the ball that day then maybe his expectations were a lot lower than those of us looking to progress from a consistently good team to one ready to make a mark nationally. If he really feels something similar to what's been called the "trailer" mentality, it's going to be a bitter pill to see the program slip back as if we were a I-AA transition school with a 5 year plan.

Don't forget, i think Susan will have a good bit of say in the matter.
This will be her first football hire as well. Her name is on the line, as well as Warde's.

Reaction Score
I wonder why no erstwhile Horders haven't tried to contact Mr. Burton to see if he'll be donating if PP returns?

Also, did I hear right that the hosts thought the next game was against Pitt at the Rent?

Reaction Score
I wonder why no erstwhile Horders haven't tried to contact Mr. Burton to see if he'll be donating if PP returns?

Also, did I hear right that the hosts thought the next game was against Pitt at the Rent?

Mr. Burton is back in the fold at Syracuse, been back for a while now.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I think Pasqualoni will be here next year, but think the staff is shaken up some no matter how the season ends. If not then the team will have a lot less fans at the games next season

Reaction Score
If Pasqualoni I back next season, then Warde is just foregoing the difficult and defining task of hiring a football coach. He needs to understand that we can't afford that forbearance.

Reaction Score

What makes you think Burton has given a nickel in the past two years?

Reaction Score
My kid (four and a half) cried so hard at the end the Temple game that all of section 241 was staring in our direction wondering if I was torturing him. The boy needs to learn how to lose, and he's going to get plenty of practice over the next 14 months.

Reaction Score
My kid (four and a half) cried so hard at the end the Temple game that all of section 241 was staring in our direction wondering if I was torturing him. The boy needs to learn how to lose, and he's going to get plenty of practice over the next 14 months.

You better nip that in the bud for his own good or risk this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom