Detroit Lions announce that DC Paul Pasqualoni is “stepping away from the Lions to be closer to his family”... | The Boneyard

Detroit Lions announce that DC Paul Pasqualoni is “stepping away from the Lions to be closer to his family”...

Reaction Score

>>On Paul Pasqualoni:

“Coach Pasqualoni notified me this week that he will be stepping away from the Lions to be closer to his family. Coach P is one of the best men I’ve ever been around, on both personal and professional levels. I owe him so much and I’m grateful of the impact he had on our players, coaches and support staff. He will continue to be a great sounding board for me as a coach, father and leader. I wish him and his family well as they begin the new year together.”<<

Reaction Score
Could DB have been in touch and asked him to return home, just in case? Could be the guy that keeps the best of the state's recruits home.

Reaction Score
Could DB have been in touch and asked him to return home, just in case? Could be the guy that keeps the best of the state's recruits home.

LMAO. You think coaches quit jobs to be available "just in case?" Even for the Boneyard that's preposterous.

Assuming he's retiring, good luck to him. Had a long career with more than his share of success, and I have no reason to doubt he's a good human being.

I would just suggest he not delegate the details of his retirement to GDL.

Last edited:

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
New HC at South Windsor perhaps? Used to see him perusing the vegetables at Stop & Shop in the off season.

He still has that massive house in SW?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

“Coach Pasqualoni notified me this week that he will be stepping away from the Lions to be closer to his family...

He got let go....

Could be a combination of the two. Defensive Coordinator is not assistant to the assistance offensive line coach. There is a lot of pressure at the NFL level. Dude's 70.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
New HC at South Windsor perhaps? Used to see him perusing the vegetables at Stop & Shop in the off season.
I knew a guy who said he used to throw his empties on P's lawn after a bad loss. I think he was telling the truth but it was a risk for him as he is a respected member of the community.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
LMAO. You think coaches quit jobs to be available "just in case?" Even for the Boneyard that's preposterous.

Assuming he's retiring, good luck to him. Had a long career with more than his share of success, and I have no reason to doubt he's not a good human being.

Come on, the college football world clearly revolves around UConn . . .

Reaction Score

Assuming he's retiring, good luck to him. Had a long career with more than his share of success, and I have no reason to doubt he's not a good human being.

:rolleyes: Now I know why some people put the laughing emojis into posts. Let me make it really simple for you.

The comment was poking fun at all the talk when PP was hired that "he knows and has the respect of all the high school coaches and will be able to keep the best recruits in state" and also plays off all the speculation here as to how long does DB keep Edsall, including his recent "vote of confidence".

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I know it won't happen. But if PP said to RE I want to be your Def Coordinator and pitch in on recruiting, I would snap him up in a heartbeat. And that has nothing to do with Spanos.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
I’m sure Jason Whitten would attest to how good a football man PP was, enjoy the time you only go around once

Reaction Score
In a fantasy world you get Moorehead head coach with PP as the def coordinator.
Would Edsall even entertain reaching out to PP? I doubt it but who knows

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
PP come PP go
We don't need him back in Storrs
He was a dud
I'm sure he is a good guy but time to move on
RE1 to RE2 is one thing (he did have success here) PP1 to PP2?? No way
Enjoy your retirement PP - well deserved

Reaction Score
I know it won't happen. But if PP said to RE I want to be your Def Coordinator and pitch in on recruiting, I would snap him up in a heartbeat. And that has nothing to do with Spanos.
If he could offer our coaching staff FREE help (considering our budget) in his retirement, sure...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom