DeShields leaving UT, going professional | Page 11 | The Boneyard

DeShields leaving UT, going professional

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
A player leaves the school with mutual discussion and agreement between the coach and the player is accepted and understanded.

When do Stevens and Butler say they will definitely stay and mentor the upcoming freshmen?

Do you think DD has mutual discussion and agreement with Holly? If yes, I will take back my words ... Thanks.
I get your premise, however that is not how it usually happens in any number of programs. Look at Jewel Lloyd with ND and Muffet-that was not agreed upon and mutually discussed. Many issues will play into the balance of power and transfers alone give an indication of that. Some are openly discussed, some are player driven and some are coaches driven. I don't have an objection to your use of "quit" per se' at she did leave the team after she recommitted to it. As I have said something about the Cooper situation thinks that has a significant undertone here. She was/is allowed to leave and I believe if she has graduated, can enroll anywhere else.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I don't know about others, but the most challenging transition I ever made, 2nd only to being a dad, was leaving the relative comfort & security of college to be on my own, earn a living and function as an adult.

Hopefully, DD is up to the challenge.
Can we talk offline as I am still struggling with all of those transitions even as my 2 college kids are slow to adapt (I can't blame them privately) :rolleyes: but also can't tell their mother that...

Reaction Score
Perhaps before her freshman year. She was the player who actively recruited several other high school kids to join her at UNC. And then she promptly bailed out on them by departing for UT, leaving them high and dry.

A pattern of lack of dependability that I believe few GM's will be willing to overlook.

That was then, this is now. She may or may not support her teammates as a pro---if she does not support them--look up in them thar hills for her haid. Many people are stupid as kids or young adults---look at all those terrible things some politician wrote in his/her youth--and now we play--gotcha!

Reaction Score
I get your premise, however that is not how it usually happens in any number of programs. Look at Jewel Lloyd with ND and Muffet-that was not agreed upon and mutually discussed. Many issues will play into the balance of power and transfers alone give an indication of that. Some are openly discussed, some are player driven and some are coaches driven. I don't have an objection to your use of "quit" per se' at she did leave the team after she recommitted to it. As I have said something about the Cooper situation thinks that has a significant undertone here. She was/is allowed to leave and I believe if she has graduated, can enroll anywhere else.
I like this post on so many levels especially the --I don;t have an objection to your use of quit per se---any comment can be written with multiple words--and some select a single word --you took the higher road. I too like your Loyd comment and DD;s choices.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
One person's "difficult shot" is another person's "forced shot"

When the shot clock is running down and a shot has to go up the most talented player is the one holding the ball and taking the shot, regardless of whether it is a good shot or a bad shot. There were times when only DD was going to be able to get a shot off during an offensive possession.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
When the shot clock is running down and a shot has to go up the most talented player is the one holding the ball and taking the shot, regardless of whether it is a good shot or a bad shot. There were times when only DD was going to be able to get a shot off during an offensive possession.
That may be how the NBA works, but on a well coached college team, that moves the ball, the person who takes the shot is the player with the open shot.

Reaction Score

I've underlined the qualifiers in your statement ...... in all other situations can we agree to call a difficult shot a forced shot.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Good or great players work very hard BEFORE the shot clock runs down to avoid that situation. Let's face it, good shot selection has never been Diamond's forte.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
And what evidence is there that your statement applies here?
Didn't realize we were in a court of law. Silly me, I thought this was a board where people share opinions.

But if you absolutely need proof, watch just about any UConn game from this past season to see numerous times where the shot clock is running down when the Huskies make the extra pass to the open shooter who converts the shot.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Didn't realize we were in a court of law. Silly me, I thought this was a board where people share opinions.
But if you absolutely need proof, watch just about any UConn game from this past season to see numerous times where the shot clock is running down when the Huskies make the extra pass to the open shooter who converts the shot.
Definitely not a court of law, and also ironic that you missed the irony of @vowelguy post.
Let me spell it out for you. You inadvertently described TN as: "a well coached college team, that moves the ball" On second thought, that was not ironic it was down right wrong.

Reaction Score
I am reminded of one of those SNY shows from the KML days at practice where Geno says (may not be verbatim) "we have the best shooter in college basketball wide open for the last 20 minutes and no one passes her the ball"

Reaction Score

You missed my point (&a joke).
It's a discussion about DD, and you described a player with a good coach or on a good team.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It's a discussion about DD, and you described a player with a good coach or on a good team.
Sorry. I'm a little slow on the uptake. Throw in an emoji next time. :)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Definitely not a court of law, and also ironic that you missed the irony of @vowelguy post.
Let me spell it out for you. You inadvertently described TN as: "a well coached college team, that moves the ball" On second thought, that was not ironic it was down right wrong.
Yea. I screwed up. One of the problems with reading posts and watching the Yankees at the same time. Kind of like walking and chewing gum...

Reaction Score
of course one could then argue that in complete objectivity, it is not always or only the coach; but maybe the team, team chemistry, a player or two or three, or ball hogging etc ..... but then that might address why a WNBA executive might not use their first round pick on DD.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
While most of the other players in the WNBA draft next year will be playing college ball, one assumes DD will be in Europe, Asia, or Australia playing on a pro team. The WNBA GMs will have scouting reports on her and how she is adapting to the pro ranks before they have to decide when to draft her - and those scouting reports will be much more important than all the stuff that happened at TN and UNC. In fact as far as the GMs are concerned they will feel a lot more comfortable about where she should be drafted than they would have after two somewhat lackluster years at TN.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
To any of yall who are saying or think that Deshields wont be a 1st round pick in the 2018 WNBA....... Lemme know if you are willing to place a wager on that. Im willing
70.gif
70.gif
No money wager..... just one of those type of wagers that you see governors make when the super bowl comes around. :p

Reaction Score
To any of yall who are saying or think that Deshields wont be a 1st round pick in the 2018 WNBA.. Lemme know if you are willing to place a wager on that. Im willing View attachment 23149 View attachment 23149 No money wager..... just one of those type of wagers that you see governors make when the super bowl comes around. :p
I expect somebody will .... all I'm saying is if I were a GM in the WNBA I wouldn't pick her.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
To any of yall who are saying or think that Deshields wont be a 1st round pick in the 2018 WNBA.. Lemme know if you are willing to place a wager on that. Im willing View attachment 23149 View attachment 23149 No money wager..... just one of those type of wagers that you see governors make when the super bowl comes around. :p
Yea, we got it triad, you want more food. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

I don't remember giving you an OPINION!! Before you can do that --you must get a heebees corp pus or leave the body in jail.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom