DeShields 3TO in < 5 mins | Page 2 | The Boneyard

DeShields 3TO in < 5 mins

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Though State showed some fight, still a disappointing performance by our ladies last night. Our team is better than they played last night. And I'm going to call it now: The Pack will beat UNCCheat in Raleigh on Feb. 16. It's our Hoops for Hope/Play 4 Kay game.

I expect you guys to defeat our common enemy in Reynolds. The heels have yet to play in a hostile environment, and they wont until the 1oth of Feb in Durham. If you guys keep up the good work... I suspect that game will be a sellout or close to a sellout. It will be interesting to see how the young heels react in both of those games.

Reaction Score
She's a freshman which accounts for some of her mistakes, however it is clear she is a gunner with no discipline and structure! THAT comes from coaching!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Yes, but that why you take time to see how they occur.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Were you this critical of Dolson when she had EIGHT turnovers?
Context is important. Dolson is a center with 1.40 Assist\TO ratio. DeShields is a guard at 0.85. There's a pretty big production difference there, especially since Big D has racked up 17 more dishes on the year than DD.

Reaction Score
Context is important. Dolson is a center with 1.40 Assist\TO ratio. DeShields is a guard at 0.85. There's a pretty big production difference there, especially since Big D has racked up 17 more dishes on the year than DD.

turnovers are turnovers, it does not matter who commits them.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
turnovers are turnovers, it does not matter who commits them.
Um, obviously turnovers are not just turnovers, as a traveling call is not the same as handing the ball over to another team's guard who swoops in for an easy layup, and there are hundreds of other examples of "not all turnovers are created equal."

But statwise, as noted, when have a big center who has shown that she's a good enough passer to rate a 1.4 A\TO ratio, you say that it's pretty good and she will rack up some TOs when she's passing the ball around enough to pick up 56 assists. DeShields hasn't even hit the 40 mark yet for assists on the way to the 0.85 A\TO ratio. So no, her TO total is less acceptable even if she only has 5 more than Dolson.

Reaction Score
I'll take at least a partial shot at answering your question, Siv ..

. . . First, he has alternatives - he has high-school all-American guards on the bench. If one of his two starting guards refuses to do things his way, well then, they're sitting down . . .

Yes, I agree with all of this, and I think Diamond came to understand this too.

I suspect this is why she decided to go to UNC.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

Are you saying she did not believe in herself or did not believe she needed to be coached.

Reaction Score
Are you saying she did not believe in herself or did not believe she needed to be coached.

I'm sure she believes in herself. I also suspect that she would prefer to be the star of the Diamond DeShields
Show rather than a contributing member of an unselfish team.

I don't think anyone doubts that Sylvia will provide her with a much longer leash than would Geno.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Perhaps she loved the campus, student life, atmosphere, academics @ UNC ??

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Perhaps she loved the campus, student life, atmosphere, academics @ UNC ??
Oh lay off them. You know nothing can stick to their heels, even if they're coated with sticky stuff. And you have to admire them for the audacity of having a couple of classes devoted to a single BB player, "Basket Weaving 101 to the Sound of Bongo Drums" and Basket Weaving 101 to the Sound of Conga Drums." I wish I could have taken them, and the NCAA rightly recognized all this as kind of a make-your-own-major and buy-your-own-NC kind of thing. I'm sure the SEC teams are all laughing it off as a sort of amateur way of squeezing the NCAA regulations.

And ed4ourgirls, you really have the best avatar. Just love it, bro'. I can identify.

Last edited:

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Were you this critical of Dolson when she had EIGHT turnovers?

I pointed out DeShield's stats for that game. How is that being "this critical"?

Plus you are comparing a guard with a center.

Dolson - 56 assists 41 TO's

DeShields - 39 assists 46 TO's

Last edited:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Don't highly recruited players that don't choose UCONN inherit the reputation of selfish, non-team-oriented players? If Wilson doesn't choose UCONN she will be labeled as "not a good fit" for the UCONN system due to her desire to be a diva.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Don't highly recruited players that don't choose UCONN inherit the reputation of selfish, non-team-oriented players? If Wilson doesn't choose UCONN she will be labeled as "not a good fit" for the UCONN system due to her desire to be a diva.

No, but a message bored poster can use the accusation(s) to promote their own issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom