Des Conner on WTIC Sportstalk... | The Boneyard

Des Conner on WTIC Sportstalk...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
after the 6:30 news. Joe D. says that they'll take calls from the fans.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
What's good? Got a feeling theirs gonna be a lot of smoke & mirrors and big heaping smelly piles of bullish!t! Love DES but enough is enough.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
did any 1 listen or call in? what was said?

images

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I tried to log in from work but couldn't listen live. I also like Dez and find that he has been more than fair over the years. I wouldn't call him loyal, but he sits the fence as well as any Syracuse fan covering the UConn beat can do. He never really let on to his true feelings on Edsall and he'll play impartial to PP/GDL as well. That's JJ's job, to be the pit bull.

If anybody has a paraphrasing of any calls relating to the PP/GDL debaucle, please post up. Thanks.

Reaction Score
Of the things folks would be interested in:

- Dez and Joe think P gets one more year even if we go 3-9.

- They both think P may be asked to make changes to the staff.

- Dez doesn't think the losses on D will be as bad as some think.

- Can't go 3-9 if you're looking to move into more stable conference.

I swear to God, if GDL is on this staff in any capacity I may go HFD and stalk Warde.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
How could losing Trevardo, Gratz, BWW and Moore not be as bad as people think.

All four are in the conversation for the best all time players at their positions in program history.

Who is replacing them next year playing at their level? Wilson and Williams. Come on - If everyone wasn't hurt Williams' sack total would be disgusting.
They could go a decade without having a corner like Wilson easily.

Reaction Score
Of the things folks would be interested in:

- Dez and Joe think P gets one more year even if we go 3-9.

- They both think P may be asked to make changes to the staff.

- Dez doesn't think the losses on D will be as bad as some think.

- Can't go 3-9 if you're looking to move into more stable conference.

I swear to God, if GDL is on this staff in any capacity I may go HFD and stalk Warde.
Asking PP to can GDL is like asking Blanche to fire Rose from the Golden Girls. She just won't have it.

Reaction Score
don't understand why folks attack Dez. He reports what he sees and is told, etc. Dez never defended PP or GDL or etc. Why all the venom for Dez?

He definitely defends and supports PP. Nothing wrong with it, it just seems like a silly position to take when we are so obviously awful. Most everyone likes Dez around here. We just wish he would side with us on the cold reality that Coach P, despite being a great guy, isn't the guy to lead this program.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score

All four are in the conversation for the best all time players at their positions in program history.

Who is replacing them next year playing at their level? Wilson and Williams. Come on - If everyone wasn't hurt Williams' sack total would be disgusting.
Agreed, but hopefully we get a healthy Jesse Joseph next year. That will help replace Trevardo.

Reaction Score
Maybe if he's told to can the OC and refuses, Warde cans everyone. There's absolutely no way to justify bringing back the OC after this abomination of an offense, and a coach who can't see that is not fit to be a coach, and would give extra grounds for his dismissal.

Reaction Score
Joe D made it clear that Warde will not make a change until the season ends and that Warde understands that Uconn must put fans in the seats.

I think a 3-9 season will not save coach P. Warde is a football guy, and from Michigan! The program is not making any progress and I'm sure he has a lot of names in his rolodex that he has already started to contact. Trust me, coach p won't be here next year if he doesn't show immediate improvement. Susan didn't bring Warde in to watch paint dry.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Maybe if he's told to can the OC and refuses, Warde cans everyone. There's absolutely no way to justify bringing back the OC after this abomination of an offense, and a coach who can't see that is not fit to be a coach, and would give extra grounds for his dismissal.

Yeah in a perfect world. He has the buyout hammer though on his side, so unless they are willing to pay him to go away he isn't doing anything he doesn't want to.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Agreed, but hopefully we get a healthy Jesse Joseph next year. That will help replace Trevardo.

add in burlingame and hopefully hush. then i think wilbert and adams could be great. we will be just fine at lb also. the d will be ok to good next year. not as good as this year but im not worried about a messy issue replacement wise.

Reaction Score

In between the two positions. The D will take a real step back, but only Blidi is in the conversation for the best at his position in history. Sio better than Bama or Lutrus or Lloyd (never mind Fincher who was a pure MLB). Gratz better than Darius or Justin Perkins? Trevardo over Cody Brown? No way.

But the D will not be nearly as good next year replacing them, Jory Johnson and Ryan Wirth.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

Great point about BWW. I think he's underrated by a lot of fans because you don't really see or hear from him much during the game. Not too much action your way when you're shutting down the other teams number 1 option damn near every single week.

Reaction Score
Asking PP to can GDL is like asking Blanche to fire Rose from the Golden Girls. She just won't have it.
A Golden Girls reference on the BY, outstanding!

Reaction Score
But the D will not be nearly as good next year replacing them, Jory Johnson and Ryan Wirth.

If we get a few more Ryan Wirth type of surprises the D may be just as good next year. The line will be solid with Stephen, Pruitt and hopefully Joseph. Smallwood and the Florida transfer could be the start of another solid linebacking corp, safety for the first time ever is a position of strength.

As long as Don Brown is around the D will be very good. I think the players feed off of his confidence and his aggressive style. I wish they would just name him coach so the whole team could get a confidence boost.

The bigger problem might be keeping Brown as he is probably becoming a hot property.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
If we get a few more Ryan Wirth type of surprises the D may be just as good next year. The line will be solid with Stephen, Pruitt and hopefully Joseph. Smallwood and the Florida transfer could be the start of another solid linebacking corp, safety for the first time ever is a position of strength.

As long as Don Brown is around the D will be very good. I think the players feed off of his confidence and his aggressive style.

The bigger problem might be keeping Brown as he is probably becoming a hot property.

i know a way we can keep him

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
In between the two positions. The D will take a real step back, but only Blidi is in the conversation for the best at his position in history. Sio better than Bama or Lutrus or Lloyd (never mind Fincher who was a pure MLB). Gratz better than Darius or Justin Perkins? Trevardo over Cody Brown? No way.

I think you are underrating Sio. Lumping linebackers together I'd have him over Lutrus. Even with Floyd but behind Wilson and Fincher but I think in the conversation is fair.

Gratz is not better than Perkins or Butler or Howard, but supports the run as
well as anyone has which is an underrated skill. Gratz also has a bit
of a nose for the big play interception. While his peak might not be as high as some he started a ton of games and played a high level for a long time.

Even if you take Cody Brown over Trevardo - he'd still be second and nothing is more valuable than getting to the QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom