Depth Chart is Up | The Boneyard

Depth Chart is Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The offense is the same (which presumably means offensive). With EJ Norris done for the year, BJ McBride moves from 2d string DT, where he has been playing, to being the second DT to be on the two deep at DE, and the true frosh Mike Myers moves onto the two deep at DT.

I assume that McBride will be the 4th DE and the 4th DT and will get a few snaps at each position. If the staff actually makes a move to take off Myers redshirt and put him on the field with 3 games left in a 3-6 season to be the 8th DL in the rotation I hope someone shoots P where he stands. (But to be fair, I have no reason to think they intend to play him. For two years we've seen true frosh rewarded by being listed on the two deep while they are being redshirted, and I assume that is the case here.)

Reaction Score
The offense is the same (which presumably means offensive). With EJ Norris done for the year, BJ McBride moves from 2d string DT, where he has been playing, to being the second DT to be on the two deep at DE, and the true frosh Mike Myers moves onto the two deep at DT.

I assume that McBride will be the 4th DE and the 4th DT and will get a few snaps at each position. If the staff actually makes a move to take off Myers redshirt and put him on the field with 3 games left in a 3-6 season to be the 8th DL in the rotation I hope someone shoots P where he stands. (But to be fair, I have no reason to think they intend to play him. For two years we've seen true frosh rewarded by being listed on the two deep while they rae being redshirted, and I assume that is the case here.)

I hope we keep substituting the Centers and not the running backs. This makes a lot of sense. It's in our DNA.

Reaction Score
I hope we keep substituting the Centers and not the running backs. This makes a lot of sense. It's in our DNA.

That made me smile. Maybe it should be a drinking game.....first person to call out the OL rotation, takes a swig from the flask. I'm bound to have a very warm tummy by the time the second quarter rolls around.

Reaction Score
If the staff actually makes a move to take off Myers redshirt and put him on the field with 3 games left in a 3-6 season to be the 8th DL in the rotation I hope someone shoots P where he stands.

Don't give HFD any ideas.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If the staff actually makes a move to take off Myers redshirt and put him on the field with 3 games left in a 3-6 season to be the 8th DL in the rotation I hope someone shoots P where he stands.
I mentioned this a couple of weeks back (in reference to Casey Cochrane).

I do not like the idea of a kid (more specifically a year of his college eligibility) being a casualty of a desperate coach but if someone loses his redshirt at this point in time I will view it as a very encouraging sign. The way I see it, the only way a kid who has his redshirt in tact through this point in the season sees the field over the next (almost) month would be because P knows he needs to pull out a win or two to keep his job.

Reaction Score
I mentioned this a couple of weeks back (in reference to Casey Cochrane).

I do not like the idea of a kid (more specifically a year of his college eligibility) being a casualty of a desperate coach but if someone loses his redshirt at this point in time I will view it as a very encouraging sign. The way I see it, the only way a kid who has his redshirt in tact through this point in the season sees the field over the next (almost) month would be because P knows he needs to pull out a win or two to keep his job.

Yes you did. But I would say that it is levels worse to take it off for a kid to be the 8th DL, and play 5 or 6 plays, than it is to give a QB the ball.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Yes you did. But I would say that it is levels worse to take it off for a kid to be the 8th DL, and play 5 or 6 plays, than it is to give a QB the ball.
Very true. I don't want to see these kids on the field until the Towson game (I believe that is who we open against in 2013). I would however derive some pleasure if there was a sign that P is sweating, wondering when the ax will fall.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Very true. I don't want to see these kids on the field until the Towson game (I believe that is who we open against in 2013). I would however derive some pleasure if there was a sign that P is sweating, wondering when the ax will fall.
Are PP and GDL still on the depth chart?

Reaction Score
I believe Myers burned his RS. And Samra played in a few games, not just UMass. If a true frosh is the best player, play him. Who klnopws what happens down the road - we might get JJ back for another year - would we have been better not playing him earlier?

Reaction Score

Serious question... do you really think that PP is worried about getting fired? Maybe only from a pride/legacy standpoint but not for the same reasons folks on this board would worry about getting fired. I don't believe he is sweating...

It is what it is.jpg

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Serious question... do you really think that PP is worried about getting fired? Maybe only from a pride/legacy standpoint but not for the same reasons folks on this board would worry about getting fired. I don't believe he is sweating...

View attachment 1677

It's highly unusual for a coach to get fired after two years unless there is some kind of an off the field scandal.

He will be back next year, but will be feeling the heat

Reaction Score
It's highly unusual for a coach to get fired after two years unless there is some kind of an off the field scandal.

He will be back next year, but will be feeling the heat

It is highly unusual for a new coach to take a BCS bowl game squad to 5-7 and then 3-9 years. Don't care who graduated, got hurt, etc.

Reaction Score
It is highly unusual for a new coach to take a BCS bowl game squad to 5-7 and then 3-9 years. Don't care who graduated, got hurt, etc.

That's only because how many teams that played in a BCS Bowl game have had a new coach the next year...

sdhusky

Reaction Score

LOL. UCONN was 8-5 that year and about #35. It wasn't top 10.

There is a coach that went to a team with a better record that year, 9-3, that has lost more games than PP. Wanna guess who that is?

Reaction Score
LOL. UCONN was 8-5 that year and about #35. It wasn't top 10.

There is a coach that went to a team with a better record that year, 9-3, that has lost more games than PP. Wanna guess who that is?
I give a crap about what Edsall has done. I know that PP has sucked balls since he's been here. He needs to go. Now.

pj

Reaction Score
Don't give HFD any ideas.

I couldn't tell whether this was referring to the drinking post or the shooting post.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
I give a crap about what Edsall has done. I know that PP has sucked balls since he's been here. He needs to go. Now.

Than I suggest you hold your breath and stomp your feet.

It will make your protest 2.3 times more effective.

Reaction Score
Any truth to the rumor that there is another RB on the team besides Lyle Mc? God knows somebody else needs to carry the ball to see what they can do!

Reaction Score
Any truth to the rumor that there is another RB on the team besides Lyle Mc? God knows somebody else needs to carry the ball to see what they can do!
Agreed. And we have RB depth. It's a shame nine of them are trusted enough to see the field more often.

Reaction Score
Than I suggest you hold your breath and stomp your feet.

It will make your protest 2.3 times more effective.
No protest here, wise guy. I'm not the one continuing to take shots at the last coach to make me sleep all cozy while the current one implodes the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom