DePaul post game thread. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

DePaul post game thread.

Reaction Score
It's kinda sad to see DePaul fall so much as a BB program. Ray Myers must be turning in his grave. Hard to believe this program was once a national powerhouse.

Reaction Score
We actually dropped in Kenpom defense after that. What didn’t we do to avoid a drop there?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It was nice to see Stewart take and make some 3s. Had some nice rebounds as well. Confidence + DH having confidence in him really helps our depth. I do not like seeing Castle at the 4. Donovan was pretty good. Newton continues to save his best for better opponents. Karaban was on fire. Castle another solid all around game. Diarra really good in extended minutes.

It was honestly boring, so at half I put the game on my iPad and watched Welcome to Wrexham. I'm pumped for a true challenge on Saturday.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't think it's a complete coincidence that Castle and Stewart are improving at the same time. They're both freshman and expected to improve, but I think it's also partly because they have quite complimentary skillsets.
Agreed. One thing I didn't really expect from recruiting information, and we've seen only flashes of it, but Ross plays a lot like Castle. I expected him to be more true forward than guard, but he's really a hybrid big guard with a strong handle who can attack off the bounce. That will really be quite complementary next year.

Reaction Score
Hold them to less points per possession? Our offense went up though.

While I am definitely a stats and numbers guy and believe KenPom metrics & similar ones do a pretty good job of objectively sorting out teams, sometimes these flukey things pop up that don't correlate with the "eye test"

Anyone who watched that game would come away saying "Dang UConn plays stifling Defense...one of the best in the country"

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
This team doesn't seem to worry much about who they're playing, they play their A game and A effort most nights. That's a testament to the coaching staff.

Not often do you feel real confidence in laying 25 points to a team, and it's all due to the effort you expect for 40 minutes.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I missed this - was Jayden Ross sick?

Edit - nvm, he was.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Not much to say here in this kind of blowout.

Solo can be so good next year though. His jumper and pull up game looks so pure.

Reaction Score
Not much to say here in this kind of blowout.

Solo can be so good next year though. His jumper and pull up game looks so pure.

Don't look now, but Solo shooting 45% from 3pt in Big East play. Turns out Hurley wasn't blowing smoke at us & knows what he's doing (again).

Had some really nice cuts and his jumper from just inside the foul line was great to see last night. It's so great to see this staff develop talent. Sometimes we need to be more patient but the payoffs have been delightful to see.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Don't look now, but Solo shooting 45% from 3pt in Big East play. Turns out Hurley wasn't blowing smoke at us & knows what he's doing (again).

Had some really nice cuts and his jumper from just inside the foul line was great to see last night. It's so great to see this staff develop talent. Sometimes we need to be more patient but the payoffs have been delightful to see.
Let’s just enjoy the win man. I don’t have much time to be a red pill today.

I’m very happy the young guys got some much needed extended minutes and usage for this blowout.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Nice to see Stew and Solo knock down some shots. We'll need them.
Yes indeed. The announcers pointed out more than once that Hurley said (pre game) he wants to have an 8-9 man rotation for the end of the season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom