DePaul post game thread. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

DePaul post game thread.

Reaction Score
Recorded the game and started it late, but apparently Hulu decided I didn't need to see the first half hour and it was 35-19 when I started watching. That's my only takeaway, this was a scrimmage

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
DePaul's plan to keep Diarra scoreless in the second half and stalled at 8 points, and to protect the ball from him so he couldn't add to his 4 first half steals wasn't enough to produce the win. Add to that the last minute lock down on Ball and only 6 Huskies scored double figures.

Still, 31 bench points and 60 minutes from players 6-9 was pretty good.

Now 4-0 at full stremgth. Keep it up.

Reaction Score
After two glasses of valentine's day wine I fell asleep for 30 minutes. Why didn't Ross get any run?

Reaction Score
DePaul's plan to keep Diarra scoreless in the second half and stalled at 8 points, and to protect the ball from him so he couldn't add to his 4 first half steals wasn't enough to produce the win. Add to that the last minute lock down on Ball and only 6 Huskies scored double figures.

Still, 31 bench points and 60 minutes from players 6-9 was pretty good.

Now 4-0 at full stremgth. Keep it up.
Are we running on all cylinders? Or do we have another gear?

Reaction Score
The Good. Castle still playing great, Karaban's shot is back, Diarra playing great d and scoring, both Stewart and Ball played well the helping the bench. The bad: Our bigs foul too much from reaching and trying to block shots and not playing good position D. It seems like we play better without them in there at times. We stretched the lead in the first half without them.

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
A couple of comments from the announcers I found interesting.

First, it seemed like every player they discussed from DePaul was a transfer from somewhere else except that freshman (Abasse?) who made Clingan look silly on more than 1 occasion. What a rough year for them. I felt bad.

Second, they talked about the HC getting fired after this year and how DePaul should be a good destination for either a young up and coming coach, or an experienced coach.

My question - why now? I know they mentioned a new facility in the next few years so will that magically elevate DePaul? The announcers did mention they are the biggest Catholic school in the country - ok, but they have been that for a long time, so nothing new there either. They talked about the rich history, but when was the last time DePaul was relevant? They seem like they have sucked for years, so what's changing now to suddenly make it a HC destination school? I'm sure I'm missing something...

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
A couple of comments from the announcers I found interesting.

First, it seemed like every player they discussed from DePaul was a transfer from somewhere else except that freshman (Abasse?) who made Clingan look silly on more than 1 occasion. What a rough year for them. I felt bad.

Second, they talked about the HC getting fired after this year and how DePaul should be a good destination for either a young up and coming coach, or an experienced coach.

My question - why now? I know they mentioned a new facility in the next few years so will that magically elevate DePaul? The announcers did mention they are the biggest Catholic school in the country - ok, but they have been that for a long time, so nothing new there either. They talked about the rich history, but when was the last time DePaul was relevant? They seem like they have sucked for years, so what's changing now to suddenly make it a HC destination school? I'm sure I'm missing something...
They were being nice, it’s not that deep. And a large Big East school should eventually be solid with the right coach, it’s just been a very long time since they’ve had the right guy.

Reaction Score
It must be a sign of some mental issue that the first thing I do when I wake up at 6am is to go to the DePaul post game thread, but here I am

Only stayed up for the first half but it was over after 10 minutes. Seems like more of the same in the second

My favorite thing in the first half was Diarra giving them nightmares every possession

I suspect my favorite thing in the second half once I watch a replay will be Stewart and Solo. Box score says 20 points on 80%

Good warmup before Marquette, although our practices are probably more challenging. Shoutout #5 on DePaul, dude is a tank

Reaction Score
It must be a sign of some mental issue that the first thing I do when I wake up at 6am is to go to the DePaul post game thread, but here I am

Only stayed up for the first half but it was over after 10 minutes. Seems like more of the same in the second

My favorite thing in the first half was Diarra giving them nightmares every possession

I suspect my favorite thing in the second half once I watch a replay will be Stewart and Solo. Box score says 20 points on 80%

Good warmup before Marquette, although our practices are probably more challenging. Shoutout #5 on DePaul, dude is a tank
Watch the highlights, castle had a windmill and a put back dunk.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom