DePaul Post Game Thread | The Boneyard

DePaul Post Game Thread

temery

What?
Reaction Score
IMG_3776.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Good effort tonight. DePaul is awful, but they had no problem beating Louisville (Laughs).

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Slow start, nice end to the first half, 2nd half really uneven - fouling and defense was a bit surprising (ie. bad), but what a nice game from Diarra.

Also great to see Karaban get his scoring touch back.

And can't complain about Castle shooting 6-7 with 7 assists. He really does a lot out there... Seems to have found his way all the way back from his injury.

Cam did Cam things, and nice to see Ball finding his rhythym off the bench.

Would have liked a larger MOV, but giving up 37 in the 2nd half to a pretty bad team will do that to you...

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Diarra is so improved this year.

Karaban came back in a big way.

Castle makes the game look so easy.

Solo looked as confident as I’ve seen so far this year tonight. Don’t even mind the missed layups. Love the fact that he was aggressive. Played like he belonged.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
My complaint for today, just Stewart still. Even when he was out there it seemed like the older guys were not looking his way at all when he was open. Not sure why.

Also not sure why this game wasn’t used as a way to get Singare up to speed if we feel like we’re going to need him against better teams.

Reaction Score
For how bad the first few minutes were…their biggest lead was 2-0. They had 2 HEAVILY contested layups that were borderline circus shots. They had 2 threes by sub-25% shooters. That was 4 of their 8 first half FGs and 10 of their 19 points

Other than foul trouble, Samson was EXCELLENT defensively. Good hedges, timely recoveries, good post defense, outstanding help defense.

Karaban! The three was falling which opened up the drive. The team did a great job helping him defensively and rotating properly

Great energy from Diarra in our first half run. Ended with 15/5/5. Amazing game

Cam with a quiet 20

Stewart had a rough first 2 stints but did well in his third. Got a strip, dove on the ball and beat 2 DePaul guys to it. Spot on cross court pass for a Karaban 3. A bully ball iso layup

I don’t like halfcourt Castle but I LOVE fast break Castle. 14/7/3 on 6-7 shooting. Unfortunately that 1 miss was a wide open corner 3 that airballed

We had 11 first half assists. They had 8 total

Only 1 thing to complain about. Up 30 with 5 minutes to go, get Singare in there!

Reaction Score
My complaint for today, just Stewart still. Even when he was out there it seemed like the older guys were not looking his way at all when he was open. Not sure why.

Also not sure why this game wasn’t used as a way to get Singare up to speed if we feel like we’re going to need him against better teams.
Can we not do this after every game? He played over 10 minutes.

Did you see Singare? He’s not ready .

What more could you have possibly wanted?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
10 minutes kicking off the rust, 30 minutes kicking ass.

Mission accomplished.

Castle with a lot of run and a good game statistically. Karaban and Spencer had their shots falling. Newton was bored. Diarra big game shooting- enough to make opponents respect his shot??
Stewart with plenty of run.

Going forward I'd like to see Johnson not fouling so much.

Reaction Score
Nice to see Castle and Karaban looking more comfortable with Karaban playing an all around good game and showing more intensity on defense.

Reaction Score

Seems like you have a complaint everyday. And technically that’s two complaints in that post.

Lighten up we are #4 in the country and are doing pretty good with our stud center on the bench.

Dans molding the kids into UConn players. They wil get there.

Stop being a UConn basketball Karen.

Reaction Score
This game was just what the Doctor ordered. Coming off a long break, no Donovan, Danny talking about changes on both sides of the ball, DePaul was about the best matchup we could have asked for considering the circumstances.

We are definitely looking to play faster - it didn’t always look pretty (looking at you, first 5 mins…) but by the end that added pace looked really good. The half court offense also looked better - harder and more frequent cutting, lots of off ball movement, also loved that OOB play lob for Samson. Can’t recall seeing that for him or Don before.

I know…. It’s DePaul… but I liked what I saw from our core 7 (starters + Diarra and Ball) and you could tell they made some slight tweaks/ have some new points of emphasis to help lessen the gut punch of playing without Donovan. On to the next test - a hostile environment against a retooled Butler.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Looked rusty to start. Karaban getting his touch back is key, but I especially loved the way he attacked the rim off the bounce. Castle looked solid all around. Does a lot of good things. Cam was great on one end, not so great on the other. Johnson was ok, needs to rebound better. Diarra was really good. This shooting touch changes him.

Newton looked like he wanted to be playing video games. He seems to not get up for bad teams. Didn‘t hurt tonight, but it can.

Reaction Score
First game back and a rusty start. Thought Tristen never got excited for it and that’s fine but has to bring it Friday, which I’m sure he will. Rec league kid went off again and Castles D is special. He also played a good interior game. AK was great. SJ can’t foul as much. HD is the unsung hero with great O and D tonight. Great energy from him. Loved the high assist ratio again.

Reaction Score
Would have liked a larger MOV, but giving up 37 in the 2nd half to a pretty bad team will do that to you...

I mean, we covered the spread for almost the entire second half -- what more do you want?

Reaction Score
It is DePaul, playing us at GP. But… BUT we had two of our main starters not score, one cause he was in street clothes and the other… well. And we still won by a bit, assists to made FG was nuts. Not putting a lot of weight on this, but after 10 days off and only 3 regular started scoring.. I’ll start the new year that way.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
We won by 29 with our leading scorer having 0 points and our most dominant player on the bench injured. Given it was DePaul but we have complaints. It started ugly but they figured it out. Castle is coming along, if he hits a few threes he will be more of a match up problem than he already is. I think we will keep getting better because he is going to be much better in a month. Take your time DC come back healthy AK, TN, Cam and the crew has your back!

caw

Reaction Score

I can see what you are saying about Stewart but he played really well for the time he was in. Defensively he was solid and he moved the ball well, making good reads. Honestly even including the early games where he scored more he looked more comfortable just playing UConn ball.

Diarra is now up to 7-22 from three on the season, or about 32%. He is making open threes this year at a really high clip.

Solo up to 29% even after his atrocious start to the season (9/23 in the last seven starting at KU game, 6/29 in first seven).

Samson had an interesting game but he did show a few shots that still remind me offensively of Oso. Defensively though he still gets pushed around some. If these games can open up Samson's offense a bit more then when DC gets back it should be really fun.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom