DePaul post game thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

DePaul post game thread

Reaction Score
Take the win and leave the female announcer.
She was bad and called # 10 on DePaul Akok at least 5 times.
Not just #5 she also called our Polley "Akok" too. LOL! Awful announcer.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I was actually worried about this game. Didn't realize Liberty was out. So that changes things a bit. But DePaul has looked tough each time I've seen them play.

We battled and battled tonight. We battled and won. Against a team that was pretty solid athletically. Good tough matchup for guys like Sanogo and a few others. That's the story for me.

This was a much better win than our wins against lousy Butler and even worse Gtown. I'm way happier after today than I was on Tuesday after the game.

Liberty is one of those star players whose departure will make his team better. He is not quite good enough to be as ball dominant as he is and still be effective at this level.

Depaul played well, we missed too many layups, and we dodged a road disaster. A W is a W.

Reaction Score
We would’ve lost if their best player was in. Terrible day, but thankfully it won’t hurt us in the rankings.
LSU at #19 lost today too. Hopefully move up. Not that it matters. Like you said, bad night. Win the ones your supposed to and advance.

Reaction Score
LSU at #19 lost today too. Hopefully move up. Not that it matters. Like you said, bad night. Win the ones your supposed to and advance.
#15 USC also lost and #18 Tennessee is down 2 to a solid Texas team at the half as well

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
I thought defense was good; not many clean looks for DePaul, which played tough. Another solid game on the boards, and ball movement and shot selection weren't bad, though they didn't give us a load of clean looks either. Obviously, the inability to finish at the rim cost us again, but as has been said, a win is a win, especially on the road- we'll take it, and get ready for Creighton at home on Tuesday.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We all saw the entire team play a bad game, or at least a bad half, with the exception of Cole. We couldn't shoot, we even missed free throws, yet the outcome wasn't in doubt down the stretch

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We would’ve lost if their best player was in. Terrible day, but thankfully it won’t hurt us in the rankings.
Or maybe we play more focused

Maybe we win by 20

MJ1

Reaction Score
UConn did not cover 8.5 point spread, but a win is a win. Next.

Reaction Score

from JI - Sept. '21 - "She was hired as television play-by-play announcer by the world champion Milwaukee Bucks, becoming the first woman to be a full-time NBA play-by-play announcer.
This is not a gimmick. Byington was hired because she earned it. She has done other play-by-play assignments, including becoming the first woman to do play-by-play of an NBA men’s tournament game."

Reaction Score
Martin didn’t have it on the offense end tonight but it was nice to see he wasn’t forcing up shots either.

Reaction Score
I was really impressed by DePaul’s defense. I’m surprised they haven’t won more games in conference.
I think they will. I like that coach for them. He fits the city. They can adopt a cincy/WV type identity. Would be good for the conference

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I was confused. Also thought his first name could possibly be Akok.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom