Deleone | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Deleone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pasqualone is doing great in every area but offense. DeLeone gets a year to work out the offense. Pasqualoni gets 3-4 years to work out who his offensive coordinator should be.
No way Warde gives Pasqualoni that long. No way. He didn't hire him and given that there were fewer people in the stadium today than there were for the opener, Warde's probably already wondering about the right guy for this job.

Reaction Score
No way Warde gives Pasqualoni that long. No way. He didn't hire him and given that there were fewer people in the stadium today than there were for the opener, Warde's probably already wondering about the right guy for this job.

Exactly. He will not let Hathaway's steaming pile linger, if in fact it turns out to be a steaming pile.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

There are a lot of things that you may be able to hang on Pasqualoni, but a lower attendance versus our biggest OOC opponent?? No, that's not on him...

Reaction Score
There are a lot of things that you may be able to hang on Pasqualoni, but a lower attendance versus our biggest OOC opponent?? No, that's not on him...
No offense to speak of. Losing to Western Michigan at home last year. No bowl = no buzz whatsoever. 33K for NC State = pathetic. That's on the fans of course but it's also on Coach P. Today may have been the most poorly attended game since the Rent opened and I believe it is a product of the downward slide over the past year.

pj

Reaction Score
I expect Pasqualoni to deliver a winning team with quality recruits. I expect somebody else to handle marketing. Among the people who can contribute to marketing: the fans on the Boneyard recruiting friends and family. Programs get built virally, one connection at a time and one year at a time.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
No offense to speak of. Losing to Western Michigan at home last year. No bowl = no buzz whatsoever. 33K for NC State = pathetic. That's on the fans of course but it's also on Coach P. Today may have been the most poorly attended game since the Rent opened and I believe it is a product of the downward slide over the past year.

No, you can't use that as your "data" for your argument, since you were comparing the attendance last week versus this week. Since the attendance was better last week versus a very weak FBS member and somewhat unexciting opponent, it's not Coach P's fault that the attendance was worse today for a much more exciting OOC opponent. Simple as that...

Reaction Score
Offense and wins build programs and sell tickets better than anything I am aware of. I love the good defense, but you can only trade on that for so long.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately we are stuck with Deleone don't believe it is possible to learn a new offense in te middle of the year hopefully he can turn the offense around.
Coach Deleone your moves are old. You are the thirty year ol going after high school girls. Retire gracefully

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Offense and wins build programs and sell tickets better than anything I am aware of. I love the good defense, but you can only trade on that for so long.

You can remove the word "offense" and just stick with "wins." I'm pretty confident that losing 42-41 sells no more or less tickets than losing 10-7...

Reaction Score
You can remove the word "offense" and just stick with "wins." I'm pretty confident that losing 42-41 sells no more or less tickets than losing 10-7...

OK. winning offense. Touchdowns sell tickets. Sacks don't.

Reaction Score
No, you can't use that as your "data" for your argument, since you were comparing the attendance last week versus this week. Since the attendance was better last week versus a very weak FBS member and somewhat unexciting opponent, it's not Coach P's fault that the attendance was worse today for a much more exciting OOC opponent. Simple as that...
Why can't I? Attendance was down last year and today, against an ACC opponent, it was the fewest I've seen at the Rent in its 10 years. I've missed one game in that time. If you have 33-34K today, what will Buffalo look like in three weeks?

What has P done to energize the base?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Why can't I? Attendance was down last year and today, against an ACC opponent, it was the fewest I've seen at the Rent in its 10 years. I've missed one game in that time. If you have 33-34K today, what will Buffalo look like in three weeks?

You can't because your entire argument was based on today versus the attendance of the UMass game. Last year has nothing to do with the difference in attendance between the UMass game and today's game, unless you are suggesting that there were 10,000 UMass fans at last week's game...

Reaction Score
Nah! Don't agree with that. Winning is everything, and a 10-2 defensive team sells a crapload more tickets than a high-octane 5-7 team...

You missed the key adjective. Winning offense. Not happenstance Edsall offense.

Reaction Score
My argument is based on a cumulative lack of results and a stagnant offense are leading to a lack of interest from the casual fan. We do not have a huge base of die hards. UMass was an old friend that brought out some old fans.

Reaction Score
Nah! Don't agree with that. Winning is everything, and a 10-2 defensive team sells a crapload more tickets than a high-octane 5-7 team...

Name one high octane offense team that went 5-7.

Reaction Score
My argument is based on a cumulative lack of results and a stagnant offense are leading to a lack of interest from the casual fan. We do not have a huge base of die hards. UMass was an old friend that brought out some old fans.

Some people don't believe that not winning and not scoring won't affect attendance. It just never pays to argue against a completely dumb argument.

Reaction Score
So exciting football is no more marketable than HCPPzzzzzzzz snooze ball?

Reaction Score

We have the same issue with MBB and WBB attendence falling each year. Is that JC and GA fault?. We have fickle bandwagon fans in CT.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Name one high octane offense team that went 5-7.

The words "high-octane" may have been ill-chosen, but an example would be Texas Tech last year (5-7), who finished 22nd in the nation in total offense. They put up more than 34 points in 8 games last season!! And still found a way to lose 7 games...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
So exciting football is no more marketable than HCPPzzzzzzzz snooze ball?

Jesus, what's wrong with you people?!? I said "wins" is what makes a team marketable!! What's the point if you have exciting losses?? In other words, our attendance was quite good under Edsall through all of last decade, and most people would not argue the fact that we haven't had a competent QB since Orlovsky. Am I right, or did we have a gigantic dip in attendance when we were winning things with a pounding run game and solid defense?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Ask our friends at Syracuse how exciting their fanbase thougth it was when they lost to NW 42-41...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom