Delaware vs. Connecticut | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Delaware vs. Connecticut

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think UDel can beat UNC. How the Heels got a higher seed than the Terps is beyond me. I don't think UDel can beat Kentucky's pressure though.

Reaction Score
I'll be a bit surprised if Delaware does NOT beat UNC. Partly because they're a bit better than the Heels. And, cuz it's on Delaware's home court.

And in my mind it wouldn't be a huge upset if the Fightin' Blue Hens beat Kentucky ... although I don't expect it.

Don't know why folks on this board can't give the Hens any credit for being a decent team. Ok, I guess I do ...

Noway Delaware beats Kentucky, but I can see them beating North Carolina. I was not impressed at all with the Tar Heels, but Kentucky, much to talented for EDD to handle on her own. EDD can not do it on her own, and her supporting cast are not good enough to help her defeat an elite team like Kentucky.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
No one gives EDD's teammates enough credit. It was the rest of the team stepping up around EDD that was the difference in the game. They played great team 2-3 zone and asserted themselves much more on the offensive end, too.

Reaction Score
Delaware has a chance against UNC and, to a lessor degree, against Kentucky because they have a player that can reliably score against a half court defense...neither of those teams do. That said, it remains to be seen if Delaware has the stamina to keep either game in the half-court...no less do it twice in a row.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Delaware has a chance against UNC and, to a lessor degree, against Kentucky because they have a player that can reliably score against a half court defense...neither of those teams do. That said, it remains to be seen if Delaware has the stamina to keep either game in the half-court...no less do it twice in a row.
That I think is a fair question.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Stamina....that is the word. And that is what often separates us from most of the rest.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see Delaware handle a more challenging team, with, of course, primary interest being on EDD. Can they handle a truly up tempo game? I have seen the suggestion from a couple of posters that EDD is "soft". I did not see that and she has some deceptive speed at times, but I would like tosee her extended/challenged.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I don't want to be in the "soft" column, I just don't see the kind of training reflected in her on-court motion that our team embodies. What we get is really special.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I don't want to be in the "soft" column, I just don't see the kind of training reflected in her on-court motion that our team embodies. What we get is really special.
I see that conditioning in very few other programs.

Reaction Score
I see that conditioning in very few other programs.

It is hard to compare any team's conditioning to UConn's, but Delaware was much better conditioned than any team it played this year other than Maryland, and that game was hard to judge because EDD was still very sick. That was one of their points of emphasis after being outrun by Kansas last year in the second round.

If UNC plays tomorrow like they did against Albany, Delaware will win by 20+. UNC was terrible, and while Albany deserves a lot of credit for their hustle, the Tar Heels were extremely unimpressive. I'll ascribe it to an off night because yesterday's performance would have left them in 3rd or 4th place in the CAA, and that's clearly not the kind of team they are.

Reaction Score
I hope we see EDD and Delaware next weekend in BP.......I am so happy this UCONN looks like the team we thought they would be last October........5 more wins to go..........

Reaction Score
Don't know why folks on this board can't give the Hens any credit for being a decent team. ..

I take it you didn't see the game against Kansas in last year's tourney? I ended up with egg on my face, I'd been saying they were more than a one-woman team, but in that game Delaware managed to prove me entirely wrong. It's more or less the same roster this year, Lucas, Parker, Carra, Miller, Buchanan. A one-player team is not going to beat UNC or Kentucky, especially when that one player is not particularly athletic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom