Delaware vs. Connecticut | The Boneyard

Delaware vs. Connecticut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Delaware game has been a tale of two very different halves. Delle Donne is a talented offensive player, but Delaware doesn't have enough to beat Connecticut. There was a play towards the end of the first half where Delle Donne jogged back when WVU had a fast break. Connecticut would just run them to death. Breanna would be the one to cover Delle Donne, with guards doubling down to help. Her length would cause some problems, although as I said she would need help, senior vs. freshman. Connecticut would score more points than Delaware with Dolson playing low and KML, Bria, Breanna, Kelly, Morgan and Moriah hitting from three. Also, Connectciut's depth would wear Delaware down.

Reaction Score
Delle Donne wouldn't be able to get up and down the court at Connecticut's speed. You can't jog back on defense against Connecticut, or any of the top level D1 teams for that matter.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Delle Donne wouldn't be able to get up and down the court at Connecticut's speed. You can't jog back on defense against Connecticut, or any of the top level D1 teams for that matter.
She, also, has to manage her game to stay on the court for Delaware just like Griner must for Baylor.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Great win for Delaware before their home fans. Outscore WVU by 20 in the second half.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Has anyone seen any quotes from Hatchell about the possibility of playing on Delawares Home court?
Sylvia is usually pretty opinionated, she surely must have said something....

Reaction Score
Sylvia probably isn't overly concerned. Delaware's overall team talent level is probably equivalent to a BC in the ACC. If NC plays their game, and ESPN doesn't have the fix in, the Tar Heels should win.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Albany playing UNC tough. :eek:

Typical NC game. Anticipating the lower seed to roll over for them. Ruffin-Pratt looks like she doesn't even want to play this game. Not looking to score which is odd for her. Now she gets a T for throwing a tantrum over a call.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
People didn't give the Danes enough credit. If their name had been Hartford, they would have. :)

Reaction Score
I think someone is forgetting there is another round of games to play before we even go here... Mojo gods are not amused :eek:

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I watched quite a bit of the Delaware game and tried not to "fall to pieces" with unfulfilled wishes, and instead thought about what probably would have happened to EDD at UCONN. She (Lyme disease not withstanding) would have had to get into shape and learn a lot about the fast break. She would have become a defensive horror show (she's not now), and she might have have been the NPY; there is so much talent there, but it's fairly "unformed." She is a fabulous player...but she could have been one of the greatest of all time.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
UNC is a joke.

jay.jpg

:)

Reaction Score
I'll be a bit surprised if Delaware does NOT beat UNC. Partly because they're a bit better than the Heels. And, cuz it's on Delaware's home court.

And in my mind it wouldn't be a huge upset if the Fightin' Blue Hens beat Kentucky ... although I don't expect it.

Don't know why folks on this board can't give the Hens any credit for being a decent team. Ok, I guess I do ...

Reaction Score
I am sure Harbor Yard and ESPN wouldn't mind the upset either. Delaware would draw a larger crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom