Defense | The Boneyard

Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Geno said the defense was as good as it's been at any time this year.

Melanie Balcomb was also impressed. From the AP story:

Vanderbilt coach Melanie Balcomb said the Commodores play a lot of teams in the Southestern Conference that are great on offense or have an outstanding defense. But none, she said, have the complete game the Huskies showed on Monday.

"They are excellent at both ends of the floor," Balcomb said. "And that's what our team saw tonight and that's why you saw the big difference in scoring compared to the Texas A&Ms, the Kentuckys, and the Tennessees that we stayed with better."

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Geno said the defense was as good as it's been at any time this year.

Melanie Balcomb was also impressed. From the AP story:

Vanderbilt coach Melanie Balcomb said the Commodores play a lot of teams in the Southestern Conference that are great on offense or have an outstanding defense. But none, she said, have the complete game the Huskies showed on Monday.

"They are excellent at both ends of the floor," Balcomb said. "And that's what our team saw tonight and that's why you saw the big difference in scoring compared to the Texas A&Ms, the Kentuckys, and the Tennessees that we stayed with better."
Thanks Ms Balcomb, but I didn't think we were all the efficient on the offensive end last night.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Thanks Ms Balcomb, but I didn't think we were all the efficient on the offensive end last night.

It seemed that way in the first half, probably because the team seemed too much in a hurry and committed 9 of its 12 turnovers in the first 20 minutes. But UConn shot over 50% in both halves and 54% for the game despite not shooting 3s well (3-12). UConn scored 34 points off Vandy's turnovers, doubled Vandy up in the paint (40-20) and scored 17 second chance points. Not too bad.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Not too shabby at all. The 3ds will start to fall again I am sure, never fear

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
They played 4-5 minutes of hurry up/screw up ball early in hte 1st half. Other than that I thought they looked very good. I wonder if it's an adrenelin thing that makes them play like that?

Reaction Score
There was a stretch at the beginning of the 2nd half that they looked as good as any UCONN team I have ever seen and that goes all the way back to the 95' team.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
They played 4-5 minutes of hurry up/screw up ball early in hte 1st half. Other than that I thought they looked very good. I wonder if it's an adrenelin thing that makes them play like that?

Did you see the play where MoJeff had so much adrenalin on perimeter defense that she got her feet tangled and promptly fell on her backside? Her guy then calmly drained a long jumper ...... I laughed

:p

Reaction Score
OMG..............I hope you're laughing w/ M Jeff, not at her!!!????

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Going 9 deep helped keep up the pressure on defense.
Bingo. This may be Geno's insight as to this team's best chance to go to the deepest in the tournament.

Reaction Score
Id say he has finally gained some confidence in his frosh/Kiah, or just has no other option but to believe in them at this time of the year. He knows the player he recruited and know they can perform in these pressure situations. Otherwise they wouldnt be on UCONN. Now if Kiah can have another 4 games like the 1st round... cut down the nets now. Girl is a monster on the block when she wants to be. The day she drives from the foul line will be the day I can die happy... cant tell you how often I yell at the TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom