Defense/Crocker | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Defense/Crocker

Reaction Score
Explain to me how that putrid offense last year is putting up yards then. The scheme sucks and Crocker is a crock. He lacks the ability to make an adjustment....hell Memphis ran the same sets of plays to each side.....as has every damn team this year with not one adjustment to help the players. Good coaches teach the players what they are doing wrong.....Crocker seems to be eating crackers in the press box

Reaction Score
I am way more worried in the fundamentals of tackling and lack of strength/effort. Our tackling is abysmal and thats at the beginning of the game. By the end of the game when we are tired and have quit it is whatever abysmal times atrocious equals. So frequently do we give up an extra 3 to 4 yards by the offensive player being the aggressor and our guys simply absorbing the hit or assuming he's just going to fall down on his own. This to go along with playing scared and 10 yards off of the Wide Outs leads to the NCAA's worst defense. There will be only maybe 6 guys that will be in the main rotation next year from this defense. I am not ready to say quit the scheme because I feel next year will be more true freshman and redshirt freshman with a few sophomores. Might as well give it a good ole try with some young kids and see if they can master the scheme (its not like the scheme has never been successful) BUT with that said, it is absolutely infuriating that Crocker pinholes himself into only using the 3 lineman every snap. You can't be that stubborn and dumb. When they get to 3rd or 4th and one and we are sitting in a 3-3-5, or when we are sitting in it on our goal line, it makes me want to punch my tv. You gotta be able to have a 4 linemen wrinkle or two.

Reaction Score
Was at the game. Gonna sleep on what I saw before I open my mouth. What I say tonight might be too strong.

Reaction Score
70 points and 700 yards. Crocker shares much of the blame but you don't give up numbers like that unless the talent is bad. Our secondary and LBs cant cover anyone and making matters worse they make a ton of mental mistakes. Our Dline can't produce a pass rush. We need upgrades in talent all over the defense.

Reaction Score
70 points and 700 yards. Crocker shares much of the blame but you don't give up numbers like that unless the talent is bad. Our secondary and LBs cant cover anyone and making matters worse they make a ton of mental mistakes. Our Dline can't produce a pass rush. We need upgrades in talent all over the defense.

Lrock.... you do realize we were near if not dead last in Offense last year right? Everyone said we don't have the talent we don't have the talent. Coaching means much MUCH more than people are giving credit.

Reaction Score
There are kids on the secondary who are completely outclassed at this level. The talent disparity was mind boggling. Receivers not just on Memphis but every team this year can get open consistently and do so with little effort. Could a better scheme coaching fix the lack of strength, talent, football IQ? But they need upgrades at every position. Can't say there is 1 player who looks capable of hanging with Aac talent forget P5..

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
He was hired to implement his defense. Why do people not get this?
We get it. It is not working. The D, everyone, is out of position every play. Every play

Reaction Score
There are kids on the secondary who are completely outclassed at this level. The talent disparity was mind boggling. Receivers not just on Memphis but every team this year can get open consistently and do so with little effort. Could a better scheme coaching fix the lack of strength, talent, football IQ? But they need upgrades at every position. Can't say there is 1 player who looks capable of hanging with Aac talent forget P5..

I think you'd be surprised what a change of scheme can do ..... when a QB takes a few hits they don't throw as accurate .. Int's happen, fumbles are forced. Having a safety over the top to help .... it matters. You don't have to have better talent to be successful ... or at least respectful. UConn vs. Bama yes... UConn vs. Memphis ... nope

Reaction Score
Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout · 11m11 minutes ago
Edsall: “That was embarrassing in the second half,

Edsall: It’s not the scheme. It’s we’ve got to get players in to play the scheme. ... We don’t have the personnel to play this."

Reaction Score
70 points was mostly on the defense but the offense and special teams contributed with their turnovers leading to short fields. This was a total team effort.

Reaction Score
Edsall: “That was embarrassing in the second half,

Edsall: It’s not the scheme. It’s we’ve got to get players in to play the scheme. ... We don’t have the personnel to play this."
We'll tjey went balls deep on a scheme they didn't have the players for. Soo..

Reaction Score
So when we get an elite corner who plays 10 yards off the wr and gets hosed, will it still be the player or this scheme

Reaction Score
Interesting POV from Edsall. I do hope Lashlee sticks around.

The AAC has wide open offenses, so does the Big 12. If WVU can make it work, so can UConn. We're playing in a southern conference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom