December UConn recruiting thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

December UConn recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
While I enjoy seeing all the great up and coming 8th and 9th grader (mostly guards), would appreciate more info on the bigs that are out there the next two years. Seems like we solely focus on the Top 5 bigs when if UConn had a few more skilled tall forwards and centers to match up with our great class of wings and guards we would be a top 5-8 team. They must be out there.
Good point. Without those forwards and centers, Uconn will face bad matchups and won't necessarily be able to rely on shooting to win some games.

Reaction Score
When is Geno going to get off his butt and offer Brynn McGaughy a scholarship? At 6’3” and the possibility of growing and adding more height, how can you ignore it.

Because we need more guards....

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Just noticed Morgan is following 2026 wing Sanai Green

No doubt she would look good in a Husky uni. IMO we have a player who just recently signed with us, Morgan Cheli who I think will be used at the three. She is quick, has a very good shot and the tools to be a very good wing. That being said Sanai appears to be a player that would make our team better.

Reaction Score
When is Geno going to get off his butt and offer Brynn McGaughy a scholarship? At 6’3” and the possibility of growing and adding more height, how can you ignore it.
I don’t understand this as well. She seems like a perfect fit for us and has reportedly said UConn is her dream school! I’ve wondered if they (Geno) is focusing all his efforts on Woliczko but I don’t really understand why he wouldn't want both? The more I see of Brynn the more impressed I am.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I don’t understand this as well. She seems like a perfect fit for us and has reportedly said UConn is her dream school! I’ve wondered if they (Geno) is focusing all his efforts on Woliczko but I don’t really understand why he wouldn't want both? The more I see of Brynn the more impressed I am.
Can someone tell me what evidence there is that Geno is focusing any effort on Woliczko let alone all of his efforts? She is not followed by any of the UConn coaches. My guess is she's not interested in UConn. What am I missing?

Reaction Score
Geno makes offers based on other things than what a highlight video shows. As he has said many times, lots of kids in HS can score. But how many are willing to do the work of playing team defense? There's not nearly as much glory in playing an excellent switching man defense as there is in scoring 30/g. The kids who will play team D are also the ones he can build a cohesive team culture about of.

Reaction Score
Can someone tell me what evidence there is that Geno is focusing any effort on Woliczko let alone all of his efforts? She is not followed by any of the UConn coaches. My guess is she's not interested in UConn. What am I missing?
I don't think it’s her, but her father seems to be an ND alumni. They also celebrated her ND offer, so I doubt she’s coming to UConn

Reaction Score
I don't think it’s her, but her father seems to be an ND alumni. They also celebrated her ND offer, so I doubt she’s coming to UConn
Well, if that’s true it’s even more puzzling why there’s no offer for Brynn McGaughy!

Reaction Score

Sidwell Friends(#5) vs McDonogh School(#20) Game- 15th Art Turner Memorial Classic @Paul VI

Last weekend was the Art Turner Memorial Showcase. For many teams, it was the start of their season. Representatives from several universities were on hand to watch the action, including UConn. Two players who are on UConn's radar caught the eye: 2026 hopefuls Olivia Vukosa (#25) from Chris the King NY (23) and Jordyn Jackson(#5) from Sidwell Friends DC (5). Both teams played two matches with identical 1-1 records. For the showcase, 18 teams from six states were present, 4 of them on the ESPN rankings, 19 ESPN-ranked players were also present. The showcase offered a really good quality of teams. Results for Chris the King: 59-52 loss to St.John's DC and 70-44 win over Georgetown Visitation DC. For Sidwell Friends: 62-51 win against McDonogh MD (19) and 52-49 loss against Westtown PA. I managed to find 3 of the 4 games attached. Also attached the Art Turner Memorial X page to see all the results.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom