Dec 30th Was The Day | The Boneyard

Dec 30th Was The Day

Reaction Score
By Dec 30th after playing Wichita State we would know whether this year’s team was headed the right way, maybe to make the NCAA. We would have opportunity to show wins or at least competitiveness with quality programs. We won one of those games and yes I count the Providence game, and were not really in any of the others. Now I would be in shock if we could stay on the floor with Wichita State let alone Nova on Jan 20th. Not even talking about teams like Cincy and Houston in conference. Does anyone out there see us progressing to be competitive in conference and making the tournament?

Reaction Score
I don’t really see how the 3 guard offense will be effective for long stretches. Wish we had more skill up front but I think we need to see how Diarra and Cobb do on the floor with TL, JA, and CV. Polley is in my doghouse. Thought he’d bring more after watching him in the exhibitions. This team is very limited offensively and does not play great d. I don’t expect much this year but on a day that Jalen, Vital, and Larrier are clicking we might be able to pull an upset. On. The other end We will lose games we are favored in

Reaction Score
I don’t really see how the 3 guard offense will be effective for long stretches. Wish we had more skill up front but I think we need to see how Diarra and Cobb do on the floor with TL, JA, and CV. Polley is in my doghouse. Thought he’d bring more after watching him in the exhibitions. This team is very limited offensively and does not play great d. I don’t expect much this year but on a day that Jalen, Vital, and Larrier are clicking we might be able to pull an upset. On. The other end We will lose games we are favored in

It is borderline lunacy to attempt to play a 3 guard offense with only three healthy guards. That isn't going to work. AA, JA, and CV are playing their hearts out, but you can't play on both ends of the floor at that pace for 40 minutes, night in and night out.

Reaction Score
By Dec 30th after playing Wichita State we would know whether this year’s team was headed the right way, maybe to make the NCAA. We would have opportunity to show wins or at least competitiveness with quality programs. We won one of those games and yes I count the Providence game, and were not really in any of the others. Now I would be in shock if we could stay on the floor with Wichita State let alone Nova on Jan 20th. Not even talking about teams like Cincy and Houston in conference. Does anyone out there see us progressing to be competitive in conference and making the tournament?
No

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Based on play so far I see us finishing behind WSU, Cincy, Temple, SMU and Houston. Maybe UCF if they recover when Taylor comes back. Aint happening without a miracle run through the conference tourney, which seems to be the new normal.

Reaction Score

No

Reaction Score
I think we'll ultimately be playing at the level of a tournament team (bubble team but still) in late February/early March. But given the current conference situation that's not going to be enough

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
so we are basing the year after playing one of the top 10 teams
OK

Reaction Score

It's possible but JA would have to elevate his game to a Shabazz, Kemba level. That's asking a lot.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

If Gilbert comes back we'd have a better chance. We need Cobb and Diarra to stay out of foul trouble and we need to play great defense, I think those things will continue to improve

Reaction Score
I forgot Arizona was going to be a top 25 game for us at season start. Can’t wait for them to wake up during our game and shoot 80% from 3, but I’m going to hold my poison until that WS game is over. Just want to see us competitive between now and then.

Reaction Score

That's why i watch the game...
Times were once pretty rough
I remember going to a game vs Nova when Gampel first opened in fall semester of '89.
We were coming off a disappointing 88-89 season (think we were preseason ranked #15 after winning NIT in 87-88.
They had a coach that no one considered to be great
At that time, that squad had no superstars with the most talent in backcourt (Smith, George, Gwynn)
Had a couple of freshmen forwards gel (Scottie B and Henefeld)
Had a center rotation that got the job done
Had a bench of role players that "raised hell" when called upon
Some how, that team found their chemistry and put it all together.
No one could have imagined what would happen next in the nest 25ish years of the cow fields of 0621

Fast forward almost 30 years...
Not sure the same magic will happen...but I'm going to keep watching and supporting my team with pride.
Although things seem bleak, this program will be back.
Enjoy the season...

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I forgot Arizona was going to be a top 25 game for us at season start. Can’t wait for them to wake up during our game and shoot 80% from 3, but I’m going to hold my poison until that WS game is over. Just want to see us competitive between now and then.[/QURight now, my feeling about being competitive is confusing. After all, Syracuse played all Freshman? Say what you want about the Cuse, but their Freshman looked good. I am with you, hopefully they snap out of it.

Reaction Score
I forgot Arizona was going to be a top 25 game for us at season start. Can’t wait for them to wake up during our game and shoot 80% from 3, but I’m going to hold my poison until that WS game is over. Just want to see us competitive between now and then.
The irony is too good to pass on. We can't compete in the AAC at top level because the AAC is killing our recruiting... forget about the OoC games.

Reaction Score
Fast forward to Dec. 31, Wichita State 83 UConn 57. Happy New Year!

Reaction Score
No, but all those teams are potential tournament teams so we shouldn’t be expected to compete.

Reaction Score
Ummm. Does that mean we can do a Game Day Haiku now?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom