dear warde | The Boneyard

dear warde

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
bring back hank, wholley, foley and brown. no other coaches. hire tod monken to become HC and bring a neal brown or some one like that in as OC. fill in your staff from there so that we have a max size staff, strenght ppl etc. a big time staff with competitive money and ideas/upside.

get 25 commits this class. we have 17 right now. 2 OL juco kids, a 2nd lb. a te or 2. 1 more playmaker hopefully at wr. get a db and fill in from there. from now on we focus on the following recruiting spots and everything else. dont even waste hotel $ in other places.
1-FL/GA
2-DC/MD/VA
3-NJ/NYC
4-OH/PA
5-NE
6-TEX

use Dean now that we have established it and milford also at times. the ct prep schools are clearly all burilding more no than ever and so are asa/nas/lak jucos. use all fo them.

2014 recruit class-offer sylva and bryan right now so we have 2 of 25 slots set alreay and the sites can see us doing something. a lesson this school needs to learn in media/exposure/walkingthefuckingwalk is part of the bigger picture lacking from this state.

this is a list of what i want the roster to look like next year, if a name is not on this list then help them get there clothes and lifes to umass/townson/etc...:

25 commits this class
qb-whitmer/casey
rb-lyle/max/frank(fb)/vinci(fb)/williams
db-adams/brown/clark/floyd/jones/lee/mack/marder/obi/stevenson/williams
dl-adayemi/camp/santos/joseph(RS?)/louis/mcbride/myers/norris/pruit/stephen/willman
lb-ashiru/clax/hicks/small/steg/stewart/stephens/vann
ol-bock/bull/cruz/friend/giff/greene/hem/knappe/levy/mateas/mueller/nwok/paull/rugg/samara
k-chad/bp/cole
wr-davis/phillips/gutz/fox/green/jones/
te-mcquilian/shortell/
walkons are all as is if i missed names which im sure i did...

-this puts us a few guys over 85 ships, im sure a few wont be back from the above. thats the 85 i want to see on the roster next year.
-i would like to see 1 or 2 OL from a d2 school transfer in if we need also just for depth purposes.
-im sorry if i missed a must have name, but some names left are are because im done with them here. umass/townson/etc will be happy to get those kids...
-in 2014 thin the herd at ol with who can hang and cant. several of the above must leave the next year as result as we build a bcs oline in time...
-2014 another 25 man class must have!

-future schedule.
1)never talk to BC. if they even try to reach out right now its becuase they know there program can't go any lower and we are dipping down. they see this as a chance to look like the good guy at the worst time possible for us and either win a game vs us or play a competitive game. the result either way is bc thinks they can look liek the good guy in this cold war rival and possibly even come out with a W. dont be fooled by this crap. if we join the acc, then its game on. if not them them and lets let them quielty watch us.
2) we need to get teams like unc/uva types for 1-1 series. build off michigan and tenn. those are good series. go get a fsu/uga type and do a 2-2(2 away, 2 home or 1 home 1 nyc if it has to bee).
3) no more fcs teams and no more buffalo. instead of a fcs team, do a big series with army. 3 home, 2 away, nyc type thing. build something. they are close by and we should win those games. our fanbase can travel to army and we need to build brand in nyc/wc/pk area. this is a perfect opp.
4) do not schedule pitt or cuse without many bball games being a part of it. force them to acknowledge our bball programs after they leave for the acc along with fball by using both as a tool in all or nothing friendship.
5) if we are going to schedule mac schools thats fine. but no 1-1 deals. and make the mac schools ohio schools only. it will help recruiting wise. i would like to see a ohio type. instead of mac a fiu type would also be ideal. again recruiting bonus in these games.
6) uk/ind/iowa/gt types are good bcs games to add for series where we should feel competitive or winning going in and that cant hurt exposure wise. its games that fans will turn out for and help the program rise. those realtionshp builder help long term also in all sports
-i could go on and on with this but i will stop, warde has time to show his cards in this area and i will be watching

the ad office:
1) get some one young in there. some 1 who will build this brand and double this fanbase in the next 10 years. some 1 that understands media and promotion. some 1 that understand footprint. im talking t for blue and white outs, hats with a sponsor and logo on them, golf bag towels being waved around at a bag then taken home and used on golf bags and , etc with the ideas. im talking about coache shows in bars and on radio, and so many more things
2) need a ct guy to build this state. i had faith in P alot becuase of this. we need some 1 that can change CT for ever on the HS level thru relationships and suggestions. the shotclock and 50pt rule in CT HS bull rules come to mind. you get my drift in this...down to peewee football and aau bball camps. build this state and never looks back.

other notes:
1) baseball is on the doorstep of big time, open that door
2) i like the puck move, will wait to see more
3) drop something like swimming or w/e thats a non revenue sport and non media or big time sport and add lax. is lax the next big time thing? doesn't matter its better than many small sports from a media and importance stand point of ncaa sports. ct lax is a monster in the making. hire the coach at bryant(yes i know...). he can recruit ct/ny/ma and imediately become a competitive program. recruit md area a bit and there u go. game on.
4) give KO and real contract. as many know here i am very upset by this. i do not want to expalin my stance and lose this thread becuase of it with it but if your wondering i will explain what i wnted to see instead of what we got. its a bit left field but i think the long term of it would have been better for ko.
5) the new grades/test score thing is bs. im going to come right out and say it, you cost us xrm and bell becuase of that among others in bball and its not going to help us fball wise either. you eithe rplay with the big boys or dont, you are leading us down the wrong path with this. im not saying let any one in, but lets not try to become yale. play ball or .
6) where can i send my resume and a seruious cover letter. working to biuld this school in some type of ast role would be a great job for me(dream job ay?) and i feel some 1 like me and my talents could be extremely useful to this state. and for those here who want to rip the out of me, fine - do so. but u have no clue who i am really am or what my education level is. if u think my rants, fun times and crapy grammer here is all i am then your a fool. i would shock you what im actually capable of and what i show as a young man. its nothing like the show i put on here. i will stop as i fear this is already to long of a thread for most here to read.

if i get power back before monday then thank u cl&p, if not then fire them 2:D!!! hope all BY's are safe and doing ok post sandy superduper storm. pray for those along nj/ny/ct shorelines and hope for change is storrs.

-hfd

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I want Day & White back as well. White has to move to defense (ideally LB) and Wholley should go back to TE coach.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I want Day & White back as well. White has to move to defense (ideally LB) and Wholley should go back to TE coach.

ok, im fine with those 2 also. im sure i have forgot some names etc but my points are what i stand by at this point. sorry to those who i have missed names wise

other notes:
-we need a rb coach as part of that new staff, must have!
-norris dad i know u lurk here. tell your son that he is a greta player and i hope he fully recovers from his injury. he has a bright future and i hope the best for him and your family.
-the next time daddy AO says something about uconn good or bad, i want us to tell him to STFU. mind his own dam business. what he is trying to do is damage the team/schools ties to bbac aau team and i will not stand for that bs. do not let one idiot do any media damage.
as i think of more things i will add them.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
new notes:
-butch/butchy, your are a great fan just like many here. i mean no harm but i am going to speak. please stop going after ppl who are upset with the program by trying to make them seem like bad fans for giving up. if the fans didnt give up or get mad at whats happening then we will have to live with this crap for years which would be tragic to this school/state. you constantly reply with things like "can i have your tickets if your not going to use them etc..." i understna di buying tix for you is hard $ wise, completly understand but dont throw it in the faces of others here and try to act like a better fan doing so
-stop, please stop to those heard talking RE still. jesus christ. grob, lville former coach skip etc them all.

more notes to come after another beer

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I will break my whiskey-driven vow of silence tonight to respond to HFD's thread. Here goes:

1) Don't forget Donohue at LB next year also.

2) In your recruiting regions, you have "NE" as #5. Since I'm guessing that you mean "New England" and not "Nebraska", I still think that New England has to be higher. We have done well for ourselves in MA and even elsewhere in New England (i.e., Griffin). It also keeps our neighbors to the north down while they are down (I still can't believe that we remain the best team in New England this year).

3) F#$k lacrosse. Also keep in mind that if you dump a sport like, let's say, men's swimming for lacrosse, you will likely need to add more men's scholarships. Which also means that you will need to add more women's scholarships (Title 9). You end up making nothing and doing nothing.

4) I agree that getting Sylva and Bryan back into the house is a good thing.

5) I partially agree with the BC thing. If it ever happens, it should be on our terms.

6) I agree that we should schedule Army. We would probably fill up a decent portion of Michie Stadium, and it would be good for us in the area.

7) If we are going to add Ohio-area MAC teams, DO NOT add Ohio. Add Akron or even a Bowling Green (I know, they are in KY). But Solich and the Ohio Bobcats are no joke, and if we win, we don't get much credit in the press.

8) I'm also fine with saying "F#$k SyraPitt" in football.

9) Be easy on Butchy. He's just trying to navigate life in the online University of Connecticut Health Center psychiatric ward...

...back to the drinking...

Reaction Score
HFD....I want so bad to read your OP. But my eyes bleed.....sorry.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Beer done?

if u dont like me fine, dont bother to hate/egg me on in this thread becuase i dont care. i have more ideas, thoughts and balls than anyone in storrs.

new notes:
-come out right now with a purposed idea to expand the rent to 50/55k in 2020. give this program and state something to aim for. by then the rights to name the rent will be up for grabs(2018 i think right). the winner of that will pay for the expansion. it give the ad and this fanbase goals for higehr seaosn tix totals and tix sold overall. either aim to be big time or dont bother showing up on saturday.
-we missed a uge opp as a school to really touch the commuinty this week. on wednesday the school should have called classes and sent 100 busses full of kids to any town who has issues post storms. send fball players, field hockey players and any student willing to do community service for 3 hourse wednesday morning. tell them to wear uconn gear. if its team gear great or just school brand. send them to town parks, and issue areas all over the state with garbage bags and rakes and give away stuff. get the media involved with town papers for great photo opps and good exposure overall. bus all the kids back at lunch to campus. fball can still have its daily practice. send players who are from the state to there home towns to give back and the sam ewith students. would have been a huge great thing to do and no one even had the idea i bet. to many non big time thinkers at this school
-bug 100 new amercian flags and 100 uconn flags. go to city halls and other public places in the state and donate the falgs to the places. so now they can fly new american flags(greatly needs in some places, really worn ones around..) and the state U. if they are academic logos flags thats fine u get the point...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I will break my whiskey-driven vow of silence tonight to respond to HFD's thread. Here goes:

1) Don't forget Donohue at LB next year also. is he a sr this year or a jr? if he can come back then yes hes needs to be back. good catch...

2) In your recruiting regions, you have "NE" as #5. Since I'm guessing that you mean "New England" and not "Nebraska", I still think that New England has to be higher. We have done well for ourselves in MA and even elsewhere in New England (i.e., Griffin). It also keeps our neighbors to the north down while they are down (I still can't believe that we remain the best team in New England this year). true, i wasn't exactly going for importance # wise but i sorta was at the top. just overall those regions and the rest...

3) F#$k lacrosse. Also keep in mind that if you dump a sport like, let's say, men's swimming for lacrosse, you will likely need to add more men's scholarships. Which also means that you will need to add more women's scholarships (Title 9). You end up making nothing and doing nothing. i understnad the ship/title 9 issue. i am a baseball blood guy and am not a lax fan. but i am not blind to lax. is it ever going to be baseball in america? no, the $ will never reach that point, but as a ncaa sport there are rewards to a lax program in the future as a sport at uconn. others know more than me when it comes to facts about this...

4) I agree that getting Sylva and Bryan back into the house is a good thing. thumbs up

5) I partially agree with the BC thing. If it ever happens, it should be on our terms. thumbs up

6) I agree that we should schedule Army. We would probably fill up a decent portion of Michie Stadium, and it would be good for us in the area. thumbs up

7) If we are going to add Ohio-area MAC teams, DO NOT add Ohio. Add Akron or even a Bowling Green (I know, they are in KY). But Solich and the Ohio Bobcats are no joke, and if we win, we don't get much credit in the press. ohio is a unc/uva type that fits the big public mold, thats where im coming from with this. if the b12 ever takes lville and cincy to get to 12 one day(exp theory talk...) ohio is a program that has more potential than most.

8) I'm also fine with saying "F#$k SyraPitt" in football. thumbs up

9) Be easy on Butchy. He's just trying to navigate life in the online University of Connecticut Health Center psychiatric ward... i like the guy and again mean no harm. i just dont like seeing his responses to ppl who care here. thats all sorry bitchy...

thank u for a actual response much respect

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
HFD....I want so bad to read your OP. But my eyes bleed.....sorry.

thats fine and fair. as i have said before, i dont care for grammar here and would rather rant but i will put this out in the open

if P is fired and things i am talking about happen or the right direction is happeing etc in storrs, then i will forever write here like i do for school/work as a normal human being. hows that? i will make that promise to the BY 2night.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

1) Don't forget Donohue at LB next year also.

2) In your recruiting regions, you have "NE" as #5. Since I'm guessing that you mean "New England" and not "Nebraska", I still think that New England has to be higher. We have done well for ourselves in MA and even elsewhere in New England (i.e., Griffin). It also keeps our neighbors to the north down while they are down (I still can't believe that we remain the best team in New England this year).

3) F#$k lacrosse. Also keep in mind that if you dump a sport like, let's say, men's swimming for lacrosse, you will likely need to add more men's scholarships. Which also means that you will need to add more women's scholarships (Title 9). You end up making nothing and doing nothing.

4) I agree that getting Sylva and Bryan back into the house is a good thing.

5) I partially agree with the BC thing. If it ever happens, it should be on our terms.

6) I agree that we should schedule Army. We would probably fill up a decent portion of Michie Stadium, and it would be good for us in the area.

7) If we are going to add Ohio-area MAC teams, DO NOT add Ohio. Add Akron or even a Bowling Green (I know, they are in KY). But Solich and the Ohio Bobcats are no joke, and if we win, we don't get much credit in the press.

8) I'm also fine with saying "F#$k SyraPitt" in football.

9) Be easy on Butchy. He's just trying to navigate life in the online University of Connecticut Health Center psychiatric ward...

I will agree with everything else that you said except for Bowling Green being in Kentucky. :) They're not. You were right the first time, they're in Ohio- even though Bowling Green, Kentucky is more well known and a bigger town.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Much respect back, my friend! By the way, Donohue definitely has one more year of eligibility left. I expect a starting LB lineup next year to be Donohue, Smallwood, and Stewart, which should be a nice lineup back there...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I will agree with everything else that you said except for Bowling Green being in Kentucky. :) They're not. You were right the first time, they're in Ohio- even though Bowling Green, Kentucky is more well known and a bigger town.

Holy crap!!! I pride myself on knowing the location of every major sports college (or minor, in this case) in the country! How the hell did I not know that Bowling Green wasn't in Bowling Green, KY?? Good catch, Matt. I'm seriously going to go flog myself "Da Vinci Code" style, because that's pretty embarrasing...

EDIT: It's also embarrassing to misspell the word "embarrasing" when you are embarrassed about something else...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Holy crap!!! I pride myself on knowing the location of every major sports college (or minor, in this case) in the country! How the hell did I not know that Bowling Green wasn't in Bowling Green, KY?? Good catch, Matt. I'm seriously going to go flog myself "Da Vinci Code" style, because that's pretty embarrasing...

what is worse
not knowing where the bowling green is or knowing that after a pass of 10 myards or longer that the wildcat is the next play?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
what is worse
not knowing where the **** bowling green is or knowing that after a pass of 10 myards or longer that the wildcat is the next play?

That drove me up a f#$king wall today, by the way....straight up a f#$king wall...

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

EDIT: It's also embarrassing to misspell the word "embarrasing" when you are embarrassed about something else...

Until my buddy transferred from BGSU's rival, Miami-Ohio, to UConn, I figured BGSU was in KY too. Then he told me otherwise. No big deal, they're practically irrelevant.

Reaction Score
new notes:
-butch/butchy, your are a great fan just like many here. i mean no harm but i am going to speak. please stop going after ppl who are upset with the program by trying to make them seem like bad fans for giving up. if the fans didnt give up or get mad at whats happening then we will have to live with this crap for years which would be tragic to this school/state. you constantly reply with things like "can i have your tickets if your not going to use them etc..." i understna di buying tix for you is hard $ wise, completly understand but dont throw it in the faces of others here and try to act like a better fan doing so
-stop, please ****ing stop to those heard talking RE still. jesus ****ing christ. **** grob, **** lville former coach **** skip etc **** them all.

more notes to come after another beer
I love your passion HFD but I hate to see fans give up on the program. I have no problem with fans wanting the coach fired or hate the play calling, ect. If this continues into next year and Herbst and Warde M do not fix it then we have even bigger problems.

Reaction Score
or that on 3rd and 8 that we'll throw a 5 yard pass.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
new note:
-would some 1 get lou some viagra 2night please? man, nd wins and skip wins. some hooker better blow him good 2night. maybe mark may as his pitt team almost won which is like a win for them.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
new note:
-some 1 explian to me the sio punishment vs the lyle punishment.
-nyc marathon was a bad idea from the start from the mayor. eventually so many were anti runnign it that they had to can it. the same is happening here with this staff. join the movement or rot in fball hell with colorade and indy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom