Dear Mr. Aresco | The Boneyard

Dear Mr. Aresco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
CC: Terry McAulay (AAC Football Officiating)
Scott Draper (AAC Football Asst Commissioner)
Derrick Gragg (Tulsa Athletic Director)
Philip Montgomery (Tulsa Football Head Coach)
David Benedict (UConn Athletic Director)
Bob Diaco (UConn Football Head Coach)
Chet Gladchuk (Navy Athletic Director)
Ken Niumatalolo (Navy Head Football Coach)

On Saturday, with minutes to play, Tulsa #8 Jesse Brubaker cleanly picked a ball out of a Navy ballhandler's hands - before the knee was on the ground or the play was dead- and this was the key play in that tight ballgame. Furthermore, Brubaker was assessed a unsportsmanlike flag for his display of disgust when the officiating crew refused to make the fumble call; giving Navy a first down on the fourth down play. Thus, ending the game.

With 5:36 remaining in the first half of the Navy versus UConn game - on the 2 yard line - Alohi Gilman of Navy ripped the ball out of UConn QB Bryant Shirreffs hands AND SCORED. While not the final minute, this was also a key play and momentum play for Navy to turn the first half into a significant obstacle for the second half.

My opinion is that Brubaker was FAR more simultaneous to the play. Brubaker was instantly at the ballcarrier and took the ball. Gilman was several yards away. When Shirreffs was stacked up at the line, Gilman took 3 steps to grab the ball from the stymied QB. You can argue the whistle blew against Tulsa; thus your play is ended. However, we know that the lineman in the UConn-Navy game did blow the whistle downing Shirreffs.

Conclusion: Is the American Conference rigging games for Navy? Watch the spots. Watch the repeated crucial calls game by game. Watch the lack of cut block calls against a Navy practice.

Discuss ...

I have watched both Brubaker and Gilman's plays multiple times. I see the Tulsa play a far more obvious error.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I wonder what our record would be right now if we had defeated Navy

Reaction Score
Football board usually doesn't die until ... soon after the season. Are we talking Shark attacks yet?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
4-6. Simple math.
Ehhh if we beat Navy I think that's absolutely a catalyst and we win definitely the Cuse and UCF games with confidence in their ability to "close." Probably 6-4. At that point, the team hasn't completely quit and we win at a baaaad ECU. 7-3. At that point, the Temple game has division title implications and maybe pull that out. 8-2.

UConn Football. World Champs of "What if?!"

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Ehhh if we beat Navy I think that's absolutely a catalyst and we win definitely the Cuse and UCF games with confidence in their ability to "close." Probably 6-4. At that point, the team hasn't completely quit and we win at a baaaad ECU. 7-3. At that point, the Temple game has division title implications and maybe pull that out. 8-2.

UConn Football. World Champs of "What if?!"
Yeah. And if we beat Towson in late August of 2013, we'd surely have gone undefeated ever since and begging PP not to leave. Kids would be wearing UConn jerseys coast to coast...and not basketball jerseys. It all makes perfect sense.

Reaction Score
People have been complaining about a pro-Navy bias in officiating for at least a decade. Can't do it too loudly lest you be deemed unpatriotic. But there is little doubt in my mind that it is there.

Reaction Score
People have been complaining about a pro-Navy bias in officiating for at least a decade. Can't do it too loudly lest you be deemed unpatriotic. But there is little doubt in my mind that it is there.
Is it there for Army and Air Force too?

Navy, replacing an all everything QB, playing with undersized lines, playing with athletes that are required to take calculus, physics, chemistry, etc., athletes that spend the off season training for their post graduate military life is successful because there is bias in their favor by officials? I guess that is how they beat Houston this season too.

Did Pudge notice if it was the same officiating crew in both games? Maybe he can wikileaks to hack the AAC email server to help prove up the conspiracy.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The way Navy plays is so unorthodox it seems they are breaking or at least bending the rules. I'm sure it's tough for officials to do their games. Think of it like an MLB umpire. Would you rather be behind the plate for Tim Wakefield or a flamethrower? Especially the low blocks. I've gotten as frustrated as anyone in our games against them but I'm sure they practice how to just keep them legal.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Good grief...a conspiracy theory that the zebras are in the tank for Navy? Please deliver us from this insanity.

Reaction Score
Army and Air Force too just that Army has been horrible. They finally changed the crack back block rule after coaches complaining for literally 20 years

Reaction Score
CC: Terry McAulay (AAC Football Officiating)
Scott Draper (AAC Football Asst Commissioner)
Derrick Gragg (Tulsa Athletic Director)
Philip Montgomery (Tulsa Football Head Coach)
David Benedict (UConn Athletic Director)
Bob Diaco (UConn Football Head Coach)
Chet Gladchuk (Navy Athletic Director)
Ken Niumatalolo (Navy Head Football Coach)

On Saturday, with minutes to play, Tulsa #8 Jesse Brubaker cleanly picked a ball out of a Navy ballhandler's hands - before the knee was on the ground or the play was dead- and this was the key play in that tight ballgame. Furthermore, Brubaker was assessed a unsportsmanlike flag for his display of disgust when the officiating crew refused to make the fumble call; giving Navy a first down on the fourth down play. Thus, ending the game.

With 5:36 remaining in the first half of the Navy versus UConn game - on the 2 yard line - Alohi Gilman of Navy ripped the ball out of UConn QB Bryant Shirreffs hands AND SCORED. While not the final minute, this was also a key play and momentum play for Navy to turn the first half into a significant obstacle for the second half.

My opinion is that Brubaker was FAR more simultaneous to the play. Brubaker was instantly at the ballcarrier and took the ball. Gilman was several yards away. When Shirreffs was stacked up at the line, Gilman took 3 steps to grab the ball from the stymied QB. You can argue the whistle blew against Tulsa; thus your play is ended. However, we know that the lineman in the UConn-Navy game did blow the whistle downing Shirreffs.

Conclusion: Is the American Conference rigging games for Navy? Watch the spots. Watch the repeated crucial calls game by game. Watch the lack of cut block calls against a Navy practice.

Discuss ...

I have watched both Brubaker and Gilman's plays multiple times. I see the Tulsa play a far more obvious error.

Kelly Hines ‏@KellyHinesTW 2h 2 hours ago
#TulsaFB coach Philip Montgomery on AAC response to late officiating at Navy: "Obviously those people are going to take up for their people"

Montgomery: "This is not the first time this year this has happened to us.... If I don't (stand up for players) I'm doing wrong as a coach."

Philip Montgomery when asked how his phone call with AAC coordinator of football officials Terry McAulay went: "Not very well." #TulsaFB

Reaction Score
I recall there was a crucial almost fumble recovery by us at Yankee Stadium which was waved off by the officials. The fact that the academies make their players take physics, chem and calculus is IRRELEVANT to the observation by Pudge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom