Deadly Duos | The Boneyard

Deadly Duos

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Our Meg / Liv high on the best Duo's in the nation list

Megan Walker, Olivia Nelson-Ododa - UConn

The Huskies are back in the No. 1 spot in the latest AP poll, and these two have been playing great for UConn. Nelson-Ododa had a stellar performance in the Huskies’ blowout win over Oklahoma and currently is second in the nation for blocks with 44. The sophomore is averaging 14 points and 9 rebounds a game. Fellow forward Walker has led UConn in points and assists this season. Strong play from these two could mean another trip to the Women’s Final Four in April for UConn.

But come on, can't give Meg's stats. :mad:

Reaction Score
Here is my Top 9 Deadly Duos (listed alphabetically by school).

Arizona - McDonald & Reese
Buffalo - Onwuka & Fair
Oklahoma St. - Mack & Gray
Oregon - Ionescu & Hebard
Oregon St. - Pivec & Jones
Portland - Fowler & Andersen
Texas Tech - Tucker & Brewer
UConn - Walker & Nelson-Ododa
Villanova - Siegrist & Gedaka

1577318019170.png

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Now IF Azzi comes to UConn, she and Paige will constitute one of the most deadly back-court duos of all time, right up there with Sue and Diana. A guard tandem for the ages.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
And yet, sadly, no National Championships. Well, except freshman year, when KLS was injured.
Not to quibble, but FRESHMAN year does count and KLS got hurt in the semi-final game so it's not like she didn't participate. Pheesa, started the Championship game in her place. So they both were strong contributors and have rings. :)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Here is my Top 9 Deadly Duos (listed alphabetically by school).

Arizona - McDonald & Reese
Buffalo - Onwuka & Fair
Oklahoma St. - Mack & Gray
Oregon - Ionescu & Hebard
Oregon St. - Pivec & Jones
Portland - Fowler & Andersen
Texas Tech - Tucker & Brewer
UConn - Walker & Nelson-Ododa
Villanova - Siegrist & Gedaka

View attachment 49415

@maccca3232

If you look at the impact column and add the 2 players scores, unless I made a mistake, our UConn pair with a combined score of 4.02 leads every pair which seems very noteworthy to me. Unfortunately, I do not have a clue what metrics go into the "Impact" parameter so I would be very interested if a definition (and perhaps more important, a rationale for it) could be provided.

Reaction Score
This duo is tremendous. Boneyarders are hard on CW but she has contributed in many ways. Stop your bitching. CD isn’t Moriah but she is Crystal and Crystal is damn good. As for the fifth wheel, Anna is the ingredient that frequently makes the first four as good as they are. Kyla gives us strong minutes and Aubrey contributes a spark in relief. Molly might not get a lot of minutes but those minutes are meaningful. In other words, it isn’t a duo—it’s a team. Don’t be just happy. Shout your joy to the rooftops.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Actually as classmate duos go, ONO and Williams could be quite formidable. :D

Reaction Score
@maccca3232
Unfortunately, I do not have a clue what metrics go into the "Impact" parameter so I would be very interested if a definition (and perhaps more important, a rationale for it) could be provided.

I created the "Impact" rating to show the combined effects of a player's Efficiency and Usage on their team, it is not an official advanced metric but provides me a way to quickly compare players as they generally have an inverse effect, i.e. the higher the usage the lower the efficiency and vice versa.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I created the "Impact" rating to show the combined effects of a player's Efficiency and Usage on their team, it is not an official advanced metric but provides me a way to quickly compare players as they generally have an inverse effect, i.e. the higher the usage the lower the efficiency and vice versa.

So how would you interpret the fact that our guys have highest cumulative 'impact'?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Stewart/Jefferson had 4 FF's. 4208 pts, and that little old thing....4 NC's. So I'd say they were fairly dynamic as a duo. :rolleyes:
I guess I forgot to add my qualification: Non UConn Dynamic Duos :rolleyes:
And in my Reply, I was mainly trying to point out that Lou and Pheesa were NC winners even if Lou was injured and Pheesa wasn't a starter. If they gave out NC Rings to the players, they would each have one!!!

Reaction Score
And in my Reply, I was mainly trying to point out that Lou and Pheesa were NC winners even if Lou was injured and Pheesa wasn't a starter. If they gave out NC Rings to the players, they would each have one!!!
They do, and they do.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well that changes a lot.

I believe they do.

Reaction Score
Not to quibble, but FRESHMAN year does count and KLS got hurt in the semi-final game so it's not like she didn't participate. Pheesa, started the Championship game in her place. So they both were strong contributors and have rings. :)
Gabby Williams started the NC game not Collier.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom