DC getting 1.01 hype - Rocketing up draft boards | Page 4 | The Boneyard

DC getting 1.01 hype - Rocketing up draft boards

Reaction Score
Curry just had the It factor even coming out of College you could see that. Reed is 6'7" so he has a lot better chance of doign well and has other proven skills that translate well in the next level. Reed is just a smallish guard i'm not sold on and did nothing in college to distinguish himself. His teammate Rob Dillingham impressed me a lot more with his all around guard skills than Reed. I see Reed ending up smaller Christian Bruan(Yes Braun is a good athlete but because he can't create his own offense it doesn't matter). I didn't see anything in Reed's game that shows me he can create his own shot at the next level.
You're acting a bit like 6'3 is 5'11. I'm not sure how one of the best shooting seasons in recent history is not distinguishing himself.

Where would you draft a bigger Payton Pritchard who is also a better shooter and defender? Bearing in mind Pritchard went late 1st and this is one of the worst drafts in decades.

Reaction Score
Curry just had the It factor even coming out of College you could see that. Reed is 6'7" so he has a lot better chance of doign well and has other proven skills that translate well in the next level. Reed is just a smallish guard i'm not sold on and did nothing in college to distinguish himself. His teammate Rob Dillingham impressed me a lot more with his all around guard skills than Reed. I see Reed ending up smaller Christian Bruan(Yes Braun is a good athlete but because he can't create his own offense it doesn't matter). I didn't see anything in Reed's game that shows me he can create his own shot at the next level.
Reed Sheppard isn't 6'7. Dillingham is even smaller than Reed Sheppard. You could've probably could've picked 40-50% of NBA players to compare Reed Sheppard to that are more comparable to him than Christian Braun is. I'm pretty sure I know why you picked Braun.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If freshman Curry was available in this draft, he'd be getting Sheppard level hype. But as has been mentioned already, Shepp is a very solid athlete, and he's bigger than Curry. It's obvious why he might be the first college player selected.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
You aren't trying to really compare Steph Curry to Reed? LOL! Curry was a lot better and successful player in college. Sometimes what these kids do in the Tournament isn't a good precursor but in Steph's case it was a perfect indicator on how great who could be.

Sheppard is also 3 years younger than what Curry did then. And bigger.

Reaction Score
I must have someone in this thread on ignore because it makes absolutely zero sense.
Yeah I can definitely see a major participant in this thread being on ignore for you, either by you or the double ignore.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
By the way, if I see one more person on social media ask why Clingan is considered a better prospect than Edey, then I think I'm going to suffer a brain aneurysm.
If you want to finish the job, ask ChatGPT to give you a one page essay on who the best current college basketball team is. I did it in early 2023 for kicks and again about a week ago, and the while the results were different each time, they were equally annoying.

Reaction Score
I try to be as unbiased as possible, but I see Steph as having more potential and even immediate impact than Reed and Rob.

Reaction Score
I try to be as unbiased as possible, but I see Steph as having more potential and even immediate impact than Reed and Rob.
Pacers can use a lock down 6’6 guard like Castle right now. Nova boys are making it look easy.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

Reed is a much better shooter, Castle is better all around

Reaction Score
They’re all very good. Steph has the advantage of size and athleticism and elite defense. Sheppard and Dillingham are elite shooters. I would probably take castle over those two but it’s not a no brainer.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
IMG_2490.jpeg
IMG_2489.jpeg

:D

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think any player can drain a 3 from the top of the arc consistantly with some practice and confidence. And DC doesn't even have to make it a weapon, just be good enough to keep his man close.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'd be surprised if DC went ahead of Castle, but then again, the NBA draft is often full of surprises. I'm sure these teams are learning what they can about these guys.
Hey, I am content if they both go in the lottery to good organizations. It would be kind of cool for Donovan to be the first US player taken, although Charlotte is not the most of us would wish for him.

Reaction Score
I've been pushing that Clingan on court opponent rim % on Reddit and Twitter for a full year now. Always interesting to see where the fact pops up. It's not the easiest to just stumble upon organically.

Reaction Score
I've been pushing that Clingan on court opponent rim % on Reddit and Twitter for a full year now. Always interesting to see where the fact pops up. It's not the easiest to just stumble upon organically.
What's the % with him off the court?

Reaction Score
What's the % with him off the court?
50%, last year 54% (his on court was similar both years).

Against top 100 teams last year it was 42 vs. 54. This year 44 vs. 52.

Reaction Score
Don’t kill the messenger. Amongst the more concerning things in this report Wasserman is asserting that the Charlotte Hornets like DC bc they can’t defend.

Someday i think we`ll be saying "DC was really good here but had no idea he`d end up being that good." It feels with so much that happened in the last two seasons it feels like DC was here 3 years but it was only two and he spent a good part of the first year coming off the bench and the second year working back from injury and getting in shape and was still an amazing player. Imagine what he will be when he gets a chance to develop fully on both ends of the court? Cant wait to see him in the NBA.

Reaction Score
Someday i think we`ll be saying "DC was really good here but had no idea he`d end up being that good." It feels with so much that happened in the last two seasons it feels like DC was here 3 years but it was only two and he spent a good part of the first year coming off the bench and the second year working back from injury and getting in shape and was still an amazing player. Imagine what he will be when he gets a chance to develop fully on both ends of the court? Cant wait to see him in the NBA.

I think DC is just scratching the surface. Elite in many ways...when it all clicks, wow.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom