DC getting 1.0125 hype - Rocketing up draft boards | Page 2 | The Boneyard

DC getting 1.0125 hype - Rocketing up draft boards

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Charlotte's had a thorough house cleaning. MJ isn't there anymore so it's possible that they could have a competent team now.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping that Trailblazers pick up at least one of them this year, and then let Billups go after his contract runs out next year and hire Dan and the entire coaching staff (after they win their third title) to work with their young team. If only Andrea would be willing to move to the west coast.
Yeah, no. Hard pass

Reaction Score
Among the teams still alive in the playoffs this year: OKC, Denver, Indy, Cleveland, Orlando, and Minnesota. Just saying, the perennial powers are not dominating the NBA.

Reaction Score
It would be nice to see Clingan fall down to Atlanta. We need a legit defensive Center.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping that Trailblazers pick up at least one of them this year, and then let Billups go after his contract runs out next year and hire Dan and the entire coaching staff (after they win their third title) to work with their young team. If only Andrea would be willing to move to the west coast.
why in the hell would you want this unless you're a hardcore Blazers fan?

Reaction Score
Even though it hasn’t worked out well before….I’m just sayin if it were Charlotte….

Lamelo Ball
Brandon Miller
Miles Bridges
Grant Williams
Donovan Clingan

Mark Williams

That’s a pretty darn good lineup (to compete for a 4-5 seed)
But, it IS Charlotte! Anywhere but there, PLEASE!

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
As one of the likely extremely few folks on this board that gets ROOT Sports local, I'm giving Billups a pass. He could be a really good coach, just doesn't have the players atm (health is an issue). Grant should have been moved awhile ago no one expects Ayton to get close to 70 games anymore. The league is an unforgiving place for teams attempting a partial of staggered rebuild. Portland is a great town, little messy lately, but it'll bounce back and then some. I would definitely trust Billups to help a guy like Castle though.
Billups deserves the last year on his contract to see what he can do with the youngsters - hoping Grant/Brogdon/maybe Simons get moved for future draft capital and/or young help. I'll give him credit for pretty good player development and keeping the locker room together during a couple of tough seasons. At this point though, I don't see him as the coach to raise the Blazers from the dead.

Reaction Score
That top six just looks insane, such wild draft. Gleague ignite, Perth, huskies and some Euros. Sarr moves very fluid for his size but unclear if this is another evan mobley situation (fluid big with length and potential whose fit is questionable). Coincidently, I see Clingan as someone who can try to aspire to what Jarret Allen has been doing in the league, with a bit more size.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
There will be teams with DC #1 on their boards. All things equal many teams want the more marketable American kid who the fans are already familiar with. Some teams will want to bring in a piece of the UConn culture, say JJ gets the job in Charlotte. Some of DC’s advanced defensive metrics are freaky too and the league has become all about analytics, and the better defensive teams win.

Reaction Score
An underappreciated part of DC's skill set is his ability to handle the ball comfortably(pass/catch) and his court vision and assisting talents. Helped us tremendously this year and will serve him well in the NBA. Has really good hands for a big guy. Ball keeps moving through him to open teammates.

Reaction Score
An underappreciated part of DC's skill set is his ability to handle the ball comfortably(pass/catch) and his court vision and assisting talents. Helped us tremendously this year and will serve him well in the NBA. Has really good hands for a big guy. Ball keeps moving through him to open teammates.
He's awesome with the ball. Decision-making, reading the court, making the right pass. He's a really unique player.

Reaction Score

Castle and Clingan both ranked in the 2-6 range on the composite ranking.

It occurs to me right now that this system doesn't take into account that if a team at 23 (for instance) wanted to trade up to get Steph (for instance) that they wouldn't have his medicals. I don't see the downside to giving every team all the medicals if they're already giving them to anywhere between 10-25 teams.

All the teams that you would want to keep your medicals away from (was, det, por, cha, etc...) are already picking in the top 10, so just giving them to everyone wouldn't really hurt anyone...imo.

Reaction Score
It occurs to me right now that this system doesn't take into account that if a team at 23 (for instance) wanted to trade up to get Steph (for instance) that they wouldn't have his medicals. I don't see the downside to giving every team all the medicals if they're already giving them to anywhere between 10-25 teams.

All the teams that you would want to keep your medicals away from (was, det, por, cha, etc...) are already picking in the top 10, so just giving them to everyone wouldn't really hurt anyone...imo.
The players/agents don't want to give the medicals to everybody. So this is the league forcing them to give them to more teams at least. It's a compromise in the CBA.

Reaction Score
The players/agents don't want to give the medicals to everybody. So this is the league forcing them to give them to more teams at least. It's a compromise in the CBA.
Yes, i'm aware. What i'm saying is that it's silly to cap the medicals at top 10 or 15 when the top 15 is usually who you're trying to keep the medicals from.
And it discourages trade partners from being able to make informed decisions about a player above their draft position.
Say for instance that Steph was predicted to be drafted by Washington, but the Celtics wanted to trade their next 8 drafts to go up to get him. This arrangement gives Washington access to medicals, but not the Celtics. So maybe that trade doesn't get done as a result.

I know that's a longshot example, but it isn't really that far-fetched, especially given how prone some teams are to trading away bunches of picks when they identify someone they want.
The NBA loves the transaction cycle as much as any league. This discourages transactions, if even just a little bit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom