"dawning of an age of acquarious?" | The Boneyard

"dawning of an age of acquarious?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
O.K. so the thread indicates I'm a pretty old buzzard. (but not really, really old)

This is how the coaching staff makes me feel. The little I've read about the coaches, to me, offers the same concept. In my analysis it seems that each coach has a direction he wants his coaching responsibilities to build upon in order to enhance the teams performance. At the same time, each recognizes that at present he many not have the talent level to reach these goals on day 1.

So they say something like "I know what I want to do, but I'm not going to ask the players to do something their skill level doesn't support. So I will revise my plans to coincide with their abilities"

What a unique concept! Playing to a players strength! Making them better at what they can do, as opposed to frustrating them with what they can't.

I think the coaches may realize there are, at present, some limitations to what they want to do.. So I won't jump all over them if things go sour......the turn around will not be easy.

The thing I like is the turn around in coaching perspective. For that I am excited, because the dawning of a new age is starting to peak over the UConn horizon!

Reaction Score
I want to see where this new crew recruits successfully and how quickly they can start bringing in top 25 talent. Lets face it, UConn isn't going anywhere till they are ranked..... at the end of seasons.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Give me a head with hair...
upload_2014-1-11_18-41-56.jpeg

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
I'm with you tduconn- its gonna be groovy.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Every coach they have fills me with nothing but optimism. Obviously talk is cheap, but until signing day and then the spring game, I've got nothing else to go on. If I see some surprise high quality (for UConn) recruits, I may go into overload.

Reaction Score
Everything is so clear you can see it! We beat BYU they should play this song on the PA.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

Let's see who knows what connection this has with conference realignment.

Reaction Score

Let's see who knows what connection this has with conference realignment.

A) It's the song all schools who have a secure seat at theP5 table wake up singing every morning,
B) Oliver's brother has led the destruction of a certain eastern athletic conference, isolating a specific University we are all particularly fond of,
C) All of the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr