Dawn Staley on playing CT | The Boneyard

Dawn Staley on playing CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was reading the Gamecock media thread, and at the bottom was a link to Dawn's post practice interview on 2/6- very worth watching- I apologize, I don't know how to link it here.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
One speculation that she basically confirmed is that her team will try to "control the pace", i.e., stay away from a track meet. If they can make it a grinding half-court game like the old Rutgers games, they could win by a score like 54-49.

Hopefully Moriah, Kia, Saniya, and Gabby can puncture that balloon.

T

TroyHouse66

Besti-
<<Oh No! In her interview, Staley was talking about taking the air out of the ball!!!>>

She was OBVIOUSLY still talking about football...

Reaction Score
Thanks for the kink. Sooooo classy! Here's hoping for a barn-burner, and the beginning of a fierce rivalry. We need it....the game needs it!

Reaction Score
One speculation that she basically confirmed is that her team will try to "control the pace", i.e., stay away from a track meet. If they can make it a grinding half-court game like the old Rutgers games, they could win by a score like 54-49.

A guy sitting in front of me at Princeton's game Saturday night noted that the other team was trying to use as much of the clock as they could in order to keep the score down. Maybe SC will try the same tactic.

Reaction Score

I interpreted it entirely differently ...

She was saying we need to control the mindset early, not let the adrenaline rush get to us early ... and play our game that's been successful for us for the past 22 games. It doesn't mean we're not going to run - because we can and we will - but she wants us to be heady early-on because of all the build-up and not let the moment control us, especially at the start. She's approaching this like a 15 round heavyweight fight. It's going to be punch and jab, punch and jab, feeling-UConn-out, avoiding the early attempt at a knock-out punch and instead pacing ourselves to last the entire 15 rounds. Sure, there are going to be runs and flurries, but this game, for SC at least, is about staying patient, doing what we do best, and not letting UConn get in our heads or get us on the ropes.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Oh No! In her interview, Staley was talking about taking the air out of the ball!!!:D

deflate2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22