Dave Benedict/Bob Diaco Holiday Coordinator Shopping List | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Dave Benedict/Bob Diaco Holiday Coordinator Shopping List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Y'all gotta stop with the weird conspiracy theories. He's gonna be the coach next year. Accept it.

I don't disagree that that is the most likely scenario, but if that is the case why wouldn't Benedict publicly say that. The deafening silence doesn't help us find players or assistant coaches.

Reaction Score
I don't disagree that that is the most likely scenario, but if that is the case why wouldn't Benedict publicly say that. The deafening silence doesn't help us find players or assistant coaches.

I think he's on the road trying to recruit... someone has to do it

Reaction Score
ny
If Coach DiBacle is still here maybe the Bone Yard could spring for a couple copies of Madden NFL 17 for the staff so they could bone up on Play calling. I don't know anything about Video games but I read in some of the posts here that the OC could be taken to the wood shed by any 17 year old who plays Madden all the time. GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
So which current NFL assistants have college HC experience?

Here is an interesting possibility -- Todd Monken. Todd Monken - Wikipedia

He is a "college guy" who is currently the Offensive Coordinator in the NFL at Tampa Bay. He has spent time at places like E Michigan, Louisiana Tech, Notre Dame, Oklahoma St, and LSU as he was moving up the coaching rankings. He eventually got hired at as the head coach at Southern Miss in 2013 after a successful run as Offensive Coordinator and QB coach at Oklahoma State (remember their crazy good offense?). When he took over Southern Miss, they were coming off of an 0-12 season and were a disaster. He built Southern Miss very quickly--going 1-11, then 3-9, then 9-5 in his final year in 2015. In 3 years, he took the only winless team in the country at Southern Miss and within 3 years had won the conference championship and took them to a bowl. In his final year at Southern Miss in '15, their offense was Top 20 in the country in scoring, passing, and total offense. He was building a very good program at Southern Miss very quickly with a great offense--but last year he resigned to take the OC job in TB when his long-time friend Dirk Koetter got the head coaching job at TB and wanted him to come along. So has demonstrated the ability to be a successful head coach in college as well as lead a powerful offense. He left on his own accord at Southern Miss and has been successful everywhere he has been. He is a guy who spent his career in college, building his resume as a wr and qb coach before becoming offensive coordinator and eventually head coach. He is proven, successful head coach.

And if you are wondering why the name Monken may sound familiar....his cousin is Jeff Monken, who is currently the head coach at Army and has been quite successful in his own right (Army may be the toughest job in the country, and he has them going to a bowl this year). Maybe Todd would be interested in getting back in to the college ranks as a HC and be in the Northeast with his cousin?! :)

Just thought he may be an interesting candidate given his offensive resume, NFL experience, and proven success as a head coach in college.

Reaction Score
Just to be clear the 5,000,000 reasons he is still the head coach is money. $5 million buyout is too pricey.

didnt need to explain. I got it. What needs to be explained is the thinking or lack of that went in to that ridiculous number.

Reaction Score
didnt need to explain. I got it. What needs to be explained is the thinking or lack of that went in to that ridiculous number.

Yes, in hindsight it doesn't look good. It was probably one of those moments where someone was being too confident about where the program was heading and didn't consider the possibility that he would need to go in 6 months.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The only thing worse than Diaco is a lame duck Diaco.

One of the most accurate sentences to ever be typed on the Boneyard...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom