Dare I is Larrier our Carmelo | The Boneyard

Dare I is Larrier our Carmelo

Reaction Score
I made that comparison months ago -- massive Ewing theory occurrence here, except this time it actually makes sense, he's just not a winning player.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I see we’re plumbing the depths of stupid here tonight.

He didn’t play against Memphis and we were down 30 to those scrubs.

So no.

.yeah not having your best shooter is never a good thing. Even with last night's result.

The difference between last night and Memphis was their defensive game plans

I have no doubt we are going to look real bad again at some point this year when someone can rip a page out of Memphis playbook and blitz us with heavy guard pressure up top . It takes Jalen out of the high screens and worse yet forces ollie to play Anderson too much to handle pressure.

Smu did us a favor last night none bigger than going 1-3-1 up 4 points 1/2 way through second half. Jalen was able to pick up steam from the top and shred that on consecutive possessions once getting an and one and once getting to Lane and kicking to polley for corner three. Down 4 to up 2 in 30 seconds and never looked back.

That and Vital in Gampel. He would be 1st team conference if he played every game there.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
You are daring to confuse whether Larrier is a flawed player with are we better without him.

We have a roster full of flawed players. The issues is that we ask, or they insist on doing things that play to there weaknesses. With TL it's dribbling and closing out his man on D.

We should never give TL the ball if he has to put it on the floor and he should never try to drive to the basket from the lane. Give it to him in the post, along the baseline or spot him up on a catch and shoot.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
D62F18C9-14BA-4D4E-97C6-5D2290436494.jpeg

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Can the OP explain which Melo he is talking about?

Reaction Score
melo probably weighs 50 - 60 pounds more than our lil guy larrier :-(

Reaction Score
I may be going nuts, but I understand what he is saying.
Larrier seems to be able to do one thing adequately, catch and shoot.
If he starts moving with the ball, he usually trips, stumbles, dribbles of his feet, or any other feet in the vicinity.
He spins and gets disoriented, the ball can end up anywhere. Pretty comical actually.
My son says it best, a shot is better than turnover, so he should just shoot.

Reaction Score
Can the OP explain which Melo he is talking about?
I got what asked for with discuss. Because I was at odds with myself as a Terry supporter, I couldn’t really tell if our defense and ball movement and overall energy seemed kicked up without him out there. He’s our best shooter. Is he our best or second best offensive player? Is he our overall second or third best player? The turnovers were down quite a bit as well as the stoppage of ball movement via pounding the ball (a la Anthony). The defense was easy more fluid. Just saying. If we could plat six guys it would be different. Wish we could move the three point line back about 10 feet though to make guys think a little bit more.

Reaction Score
He is this year's Purvis but w/o the heart. Hate to say it

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
We move the ball better without him. We're still a better team with him. It'd be great if he mostly stuck to stand still jumpers going forward.

Reaction Score
We move the ball better without him. We're still a better team with him. It'd be great if he mostly stuck to stand still jumpers going forward.
It’s sucks cause I actually really like him. I just want more or something else from him

Reaction Score
Melo was spectacular in his only year in college. If we had Melo this would be a tournament team. Have no idea what the OP is trying to convey.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
10x allstar, 6x all-NBA, 3x gold medalist, first ballot HOF, even when old and fading is averaging 18 a game on a playoff team Carmelo? NCAA champion Carmelo? lol this might be the worst ever take on this board

Kinda silly to mention the two players in the same breath, I'm not even sure what path the OP is taking

But I still disagree with your conclusion, I think it's categorically incorrect to say the thread represents "the worst take ever" on this forum. Some around here is as dumb as it comes.

The WWW gives a voice to a whole lot of people that seemingly can't possibly have a voice in the real world.

Haha, I didn't type "", it's not the word I see there when I click "edit", and I happen to like the former justice, but I think it still works so I'll leave it unchanged

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom