Dangerfield (hip) and Westbrook (knee) undergo successful surgeries [merged] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dangerfield (hip) and Westbrook (knee) undergo successful surgeries [merged]

Reaction Score
Notre Dame had an unbelievable string of ACL injuries, but on the whole it wasn't devastating. None of their starters got hurt. Turner's injury happened at the end of the previous season, so they had the entire offseason to prepare for and adjust to her absence. Thompson was the only major loss, but not even she was a starter. Having four healthy players the caliber of Young-Shepard-Arike-Mabrey would be an injury bug that most coaches would gladly accept.
The most important players didn't get injured. The guys wearing stripes.

Reaction Score
my only question is why did they wait so long to do CD's surgery?
didn't CD have hip surgery the summer before her freshman year? if there are any nagging little issues now is the time to fix it because there is no time do it going directly in to WNBA after graduation.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
didn't CD have hip surgery the summer before her freshman year? if there are any nagging little issues now is the time to fix it because there is no time do it going directly in to WNBA after graduation.

She did, as was posted earlier in this thread. Crystal's 2016 surgery was in mid-June. Napheesa also had hip surgery (repair torn labrum) after the 2015-2016 season

Reaction Score
Glad the surgeries were successful! Looking forward to watching Crystal and Evina work together when they’re both fit...

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
If I had heard HW just once take personal responsibility for a loss rather than throwing it back on her team by suggesting they needed to play harder, I would have considerably more sympathy for her.

I understand what you’re saying and at times felt the same. But looking at HW’s entire tenure as head coach in the rear view mirror, I’ve come to a slightly different perspective.

I think she was so entirely in over her head and so miserably lost that I doubt she even understood the implications of what she said in her post game interviews, after significant losses, as it relates to the potential impact on the players.

This is still an indictment of her, and maybe even a more damning conclusion in my way of looking at the world, but it allows me to maintain some sympathy for her as a person.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I understand what you’re saying and at times felt the same. But looking at HW’s entire tenure as head coach in the rear view mirror, I’ve come to a slightly different perspective.

I think she was so entirely in over her head and so miserably lost that I doubt she even understood the implications of what she said in her post game interviews, after significant losses, as it relates to the potential impact on the players.

This is still an indictment of her, and maybe even a more damning conclusion in my way of looking at the world, but it allows me to maintain some sympathy for her as a person.
I certainly don’t disagree that HW was in way over her head. But after 8 seasons of underachieving, at some level a little self reflection might be in order.

Reaction Score
Contrary to some peoples perspective, I saw her nice persona as generally manipulative and self-serving. Her actions when it came down to her interests and the interests of others certainly revealed that. Some people use niceness as a means to deflect responsibility when they mess up. They let you slide more if you are seen as a nice person.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
If I had heard HW just once take personal responsibility for a loss rather than throwing it back on her team by suggesting they needed to play harder, I would have considerably more sympathy for her.

She learned that from her mentor. I'll never forget the postgame remarks after Tenn. lost to Melanie Balcomb's Xavier team in the NCAAs. I think even the NCAA tourney and custodial staff at the arena got thrown under the bus, along with Pat's entire roster, including the players who didn't get into the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom