Dan Patrick Show>Mike and Mike | The Boneyard

Dan Patrick Show>Mike and Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Funnier and more thoughtful at the same time. And if NBC Sports didn't put his show on TV then I would never have bothered to listen.

Reaction Score
I prefer Boomer and Carton, can't stand m&m, dan patrick is annoying as well

Reaction Score
I like Patrick when I stumble on his show. Some mornings I'm just not in the mood for craig's non sense. Mike and Mike shtick of the nerd and the Jock has gotten old and stale.

Reaction Score
Personally, I like Felger out of Boston and on Comcast SportsNet. His hatred of BC is classic. Mark Bertrand does the updates and he's a UMass guy, so he hates BC too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
I like Patrick when I stumble on his show. Some mornings I'm just not in the mood for craig's non sense. Mike and Mike shtick of the nerd and the Jock has gotten old and stale.
Tell me about it. It's like a husband and wife thing, not sure who's the husband or who's the wife, but it is completely unlistenable. I don't want to make any stereotypical comments - the Boneyard has acquired quite a few sensitive ones the last couple of years - but one or both of them has to be wearing panty hose, I'm sure of it . . . .. I'm liking Dino Costa lately . . .

Reaction Score
Boomer & Carton got old so fast, mostly Carton. I can't listen anymore. Mike & Mike is entertaining enough though cheesy for the reasons mentioned above though most people don't care for them. Patrick is good and doesn't have the nonsense of ESPN stuff but 1410 has shoddy reception on the shoreline (even though it's Milford!?).

I miss not having ESPN 1050, damn switch to FM.

Reaction Score
All of them have good and bad days. Mike and Mike have good guests on but there isn't one show I can listen to every day without getting tired of them.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
SVP & Russillo is my favorite. My age, my sense of humor, intelligent sports commentary. I used to like mike & mike but can't stand them now. Greenbrerg is a whiny bitch

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Agree with much of what the you guys are saying above.

My favorite was Max Kellerman when he was on the midday on ESPN Radio. I don't know what happened to him as far as maintaining a national radio presence? Maybe he just does boxing now I guess.

Reaction Score
ESPN Radio has the serious flaw of having each show broken into five minute segments, and then, a la cable news, having those same segments basically repeated by different hosts for the entire day.

I just don't understand how you could ever go in depth into a topic when every few second Greenberg is saying 'go check out Regus/Subway fresh take hotline!/LADDERS!/1-800-Flowers!'. There's ads on radio, and then there's ESPN Radio.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The ONLY good thing about Boomer and Carton is when Carton does Waldmyn and Sterling imitations. And now his Waldmyn ones are a little painfully over the top than they were when he first started doing them.

Reaction Score
ESPN Radio has the serious flaw of having each show broken into five minute segments, and then, a la cable news, having those same segments basically repeated by different hosts for the entire day.

I just don't understand how you could ever go in depth into a topic when every few second Greenberg is saying 'go check out Regus/Subway fresh take hotline!/LADDERS!/1-800-Flowers!'. There's ads on radio, and then there's ESPN Radio.

I have successfully weaned myself off of ESPN Radio. I don't even listen to Colin. Don't miss it, not one bit.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I just can't stand the way ESPN drops commercial messages into every freakin' conversation. I stopped listening to all of that rubbish. I'm doing iTunes U for the commute these days. It's improved my Jeopardy game immensely.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
As a big Mets and Giants fan I listen to WFAN about 2 to 5 hrs a day. Mostly in the evenings. Steve Somers is terrific; a true radio treasure. On my short ride to work its almost always Boomer and Carton. Carton is a little annoying, but its radio - these opinion makers and 'entertainers' will invariably wear on you. I cant stand ESPN radio as I find it too corporate with too much national coverage which doesnt really interest me. I'm much more interested in the minutiae of the NY sport scene.

Whenever I return from out of town, the first thing I do is turn WFAN on. I just love that comforting feeling I get listening to NY fools drone on about how the Mets stink...etc. etc. I really just love it.

Reaction Score

I don't know if espn doesn't pay their radio talent enough, but the moment they are are on radio they are quickly sponsored by some one, I also don't listen to espn, if I stumble upon it I may keep it on, but then the commercial's turn me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom