Dan Hurley press conference | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley press conference

Reaction Score
And Goodman just such a tool….,can’t just ask a normal question
Couldn’t agree more - maybe one of the things that stood out most - my wife, without any knowledge of Goodman, asked why is that guy such a “jerk” for asking his question that way

caw

Reaction Score
.......didnt the whole boneyard hate Oats last year for the whole Brandon Miller issue? Just checking why we love him so much now....

I think it’s the fact he seems like a good person overall and a good coach but he seriously made a mess of that situation (or the AD did).

Reaction Score
.......didnt the whole boneyard hate Oats last year for the whole Brandon Miller issue? Just checking why we love him so much now....
There are 4 people in this thread (me +3) who have complimented Oats. I, personally never "hated" him. I only know the part of the story that i heard in the news, and i have no idea how much of that is true, or what to make of it. I do know that he has been very complimentary of our team, and iirc he was last year too. I like that.

Don't worry, i'm sure a lot of people hate him for all kinds of reasons. He has kind of a raspy voice, i'm sure people hate that. His hair is imperfect, im sure some hate that. etc...

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

Can’t speak for everyone but I’ve loved Oats since he took my moribund Alma mater to the sweet 16 and he’s a REALLY good basketball coach.

Whatever the opinions about handling or mishandling last year, by all accounts he’s a good, genuine dude and a great basketball coach.

Reaction Score
My favorite part regarding the travel:

“I mean, listen, these guys were getting in a van driving 14 hours to the Peach Jam, playing two hours later. There’s no excuses. I mean, s–t, I was driving a mini cheese bus to prep school games not too long ago. We’re in the Final Four here, man, with a chance to advance, to repeat as national champions, make history. We’re way past that s–t.”

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Whoever asked Danny “Are you listening?” as he was trying to fix his sock or whatever while being asked a question should get a slap. They just went through a nightmare scenario simply to fly there. Get some self awareness.

IMG_7761.gif

Reaction Score
Couldn’t agree more - maybe one of the things that stood out most - my wife, without any knowledge of Goodman, asked why is that guy such a “jerk” for asking his question that way
Goodman also needed to be the contrarian on the Field of 68 when they were discussing the flight debacle, saying that he couldn’t understand what the big deal was. Fortunately when he takes a dumb position like that- basically solely for the purposes of being an AH- Fanta and the others just talk over him until he shuts up and moves on to the next topic.

Reaction Score
You think that’s what it was? It took so long, I thought he was petting Jonathan under the table, lol.
From the sounds of it, it seems like Hurley had some ice strapped to his leg. The voice off camera said “I’ll get that ice from you coach” and “dealing with our own deicing situation “

Reaction Score
Can’t speak for everyone but I’ve loved Oats since he took my moribund Alma mater to the sweet 16 and he’s a REALLY good basketball coach.

Whatever the opinions about handling or mishandling last year, by all accounts he’s a good, genuine dude and a great basketball coach.
I love how he swaggered into the Carrier Dome and took a dump on the orange, then when he was interviewed after, he matter-of-factly stated the best team won, that the Orange were physically and mentally weaker than his team, etc.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I love how he swaggered into the Carrier Dome and took a dump on the orange, then when he was interviewed after, he matter-of-factly stated the best team won, that the Orange were physically and mentally weaker than his team, etc.

He was awesome at UB. He made those guys believe they were better than Arizona, Cuse, etc. and they ran a great offense and he was innovative.

Reaction Score
The guy running the press conference sounds like the Nard Dog Andy Bernard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom