Dan Hurley press conference tweets | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley press conference tweets

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
1st round beat down should be motivation enough. They made it back to the NCAA's & sank faster than the titanic.
Last years team lacked chemistry & leadership which contributed greatly to the mixed results we witnessed.
Stupid slogans are not required, remember 10 toes in and the like.
Useless BS IMO

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The team didn't play UConn basketball for the last 47:00+ mins. I'm fine with the motivation. It makes sense and will hopefully light a fire under their asses.

You need to talk to the staff about that.

Clearly they only believe the last 45:07 was cringe worthy enough to make a t-shirt for motivation.

You need to get with Danny to discuss the two minute delta between your observations and his.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Am confused ....So, there are 2 20-minute halves, hence 40 total minutes in a game. Where do the added 5:07 minutes come into play....the last 5:07 of the Creighton game?

Man you beat me to it ... I was gonna ask where they determined the cut off. I admittedly don’t know it like they do having watched the film. Was the game tied or UConn in the lead up until 5:07 left?

I assumed it was from Creighton but I’m not going to re-watch to figure out the exact cut off point of when Hurley thinks we stunk, lol

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I like 45:07 and I don’t understand why people on here dislike it. That game was embarrassing the way we played and they should remember it. If the returning players buy into it, then the freshman will feed off of the hunger they see from our returnees. Those kinds of loses always fueled UConn men’s and women’s teams from the past, and the men and women this year should both be extra hungry. I expect good things from both.
If you listen at about 13:30 at the presser he explains it and how it’s being used. It makes sense.

Reaction Score
Man you beat me to it ... I was gonna ask where they determined the cut off. I admittedly don’t know it like they do having watched the film. Was the game tied or UConn in the lead up until 5:07 left?

I assumed it was from Creighton but I’m not going to re-watch to figure out the exact cut off point of when Hurley thinks we stunk, lol
We were up 5 until they went on an 11-3 run starting with 5:08 left. The teams game tape is probably more accurate than the ESPN play-by-play, so I assume it was really with 5:07 left.

Attachments

• D3216B7C-D72B-458B-9FBE-9BD6A53024FE.jpeg
    D3216B7C-D72B-458B-9FBE-9BD6A53024FE.jpeg
    824.3 KB · Views: 99
Reaction Score

It's when UConn was up 5 and Creighton went on a 9-0 run to take the lead

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
We were up 5 until they went on an 11-3 run starting with 5:08 left. The teams game tape is probably more accurate than the ESPN play-by-play, so I assume it was really with 5:07 left.

It's when UConn was up 5 and Creighton went on a 9-0 run to take the lead

Thanks fellas - I wasn't being snarky I just legitimately didn't remember the exact point where the game turned and wasn't going to go searching. I assumed DH had the right moment based on watching the film.

Appreciate the precise responses!

Now, what about the youth S t-shirt Hurley is holding up in that pic? I want that for my son, but I don't think it will fit coach Dan.

Reaction Score

Danny confirms to our beloved Casual Fans what Chief has been saying about the flat out crazy, busy month of June. But, it’s all good. It was going to be anyways but Luke has put it on steroids.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Thanks fellas - I wasn't being snarky I just legitimately didn't remember the exact point where the game turned and wasn't going to go searching. I assumed DH had the right moment based on watching the film.

Appreciate the precise responses!

Now, what about the youth S t-shirt Hurley is holding up in that pic? I want that for my son, but I don't think it will fit coach Dan.
The play after Zegarowski scored the basket to cut the lead to 3 featured RJ going into a clogged lane, not passing out to an open shooter, throwing up an ill-chosen & ugly circus shot, falling to the ground in pain that took him out of the game, reduced his subsequent practice time & effectiveness in the loss to Maryland. It was a dreadful reminder of the forfeited-lead "excruciating loss" syndrome that epitomized the 2019 season until Bouknight's flowering that was cut short when COVID killed the post-season.

Reaction Score
Great to get some info. Hurley has some things to clean up like his end of the game management. We won't learn anything about that until tip off.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
wait, whut? akok's health? james' arm? covid stuff? recruits? sooo many real things to discuss and argue aboot, and we get 45:07? 45:07???

sorry coach, but if you seriously think that the team, and the rest of husky universe is going to march around with that thought in our heads, well, u be trippin. a failed attempt to conjure up images of anger and revenge when in fact, it was a pretty good season. nobody owes us anything for last year.

Reaction Score
wait, whut? akok's health? james' arm? covid stuff? recruits? sooo many real things to discuss and argue aboot, and we get 45:07? 45:07???

sorry coach, but if you seriously think that the team, and the rest of husky universe is going to march around with that thought in our heads, well, u be trippin. a failed attempt to conjure up images of anger and revenge when in fact, it was a pretty good season. nobody owes us anything for last year.

The team is disappointed with how the season ended. They are using it as motivation.

Excuses are a dime a dozen... now the team is experienced and knows what it takes to compete in March and they’re reminding themselves that every day.

Reaction Score
Yes, especially if we want to get the freshman involved. Nothing gets kids hyped like history from before they were born.
Wow….lucky I can’t swear on this site.

But given the lack of any other feedback on my post, which I put in my all time top 5, I guess you are right.

Time for me to hang it up and retreat to the Trinity College hockey board.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
A lot of the failure of the last 45:07 (not sure about the accuracy of the time period) rests on the shoulders of a player(s) that won't be there in the fall
I don't get/like it but I'm not being paid millions to think of this stuff
I'll bet Hawkins doesn't give a crap about last season
Let's just move on and motivate with the past successes at UConn - not the failures

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom