Dan Hurley Game Breakdowns on Instagram | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley Game Breakdowns on Instagram

Reaction Score
I would love to sit in on a film session. We did some when I coached and they are a great teaching tool.
We essentially all are. I love this idea from Dan, very dope as a fan to have the Head Coach roll through *hopefully* a season like this.

Reaction Score
"This performance reflected very badly on me as a leader and a coach at this point. It’s rare that I feel embarrassed after losses...frustrated-angry-disappointed are more of what I feel...actually it felt more like shame."

Can you ever imagine Randy Edsall saying that? Might have something to do with the current state of each program.
Edsall needs to produce or be fired...but you don't have to imagine too hard, because he has come pretty close.

“I didn’t do a good enough job of getting those guys ready,” he said at one point. “That’s on me” he said he said at another. “It’s not on anyone else but me,” he said. restating his thesis once more.

Edsall’s emphasis on accountability followed a week of contentious interactions with the media. On Tuesday, the coach walked out of his press conference (after 24 minutes) when a reporter asked about his philosophy on midseason coordinator firings, apparently interpreting the question as a shot at defensive coordinator Billy Crocker. The next day, he held a fiery two-minute press conference in which he said all issues facing UConn were his fault and that, “If things aren’t going the right way, then fire my ass.”

Reaction Score
I love how he gives more than enough info, not just for casual fans, but even hardcore knowledgeable fans to digest. But, at the same time, nothing really useful for opposing coaches. Perfect balance of useless for other coaches while being so informative and interesting for fans.

amidagoat

Amida was the goat
Reaction Score
Akok looked so good at different points that night

Reaction Score
I remember being so disappointed after the Indiana game. Indiana didn't play that well but the Huskies were so terrible in that game. Even with a mediocre performance they would have won. That's another of those earlier games that would have been a W later in the season. Easily.

Reaction Score
I'm very curious to hear how he describes benching Gilbert and going with the young guys to turn it around and start developing winning habits.

No way he'd call out individuals like that, but he keeps talking about losing habits vs winning habits.

Love having this access to the coach's mindset on last season.

PWS

Reaction Score
NJIT

Simple question - how do you get to view Coach H’s comments on Instagram? I follow him there and can watch the game replays, but for the life of me, I can’t get his analysis to appear. Thanks for posting here with the comments attache.

PWS

Reaction Score
Simple question - how do you get to view Coach H’s comments on Instagram? I follow him there and can watch the game replays, but for the life of me, I can’t get his analysis to appear. Thanks for posting here with the comments attache.

I am a little slow. I downloaded the App, clicked on the video & there is the analysis. problem solved

Reaction Score
Edsall needs to produce or be fired...but you don't have to imagine too hard, because he has come pretty close.

“I didn’t do a good enough job of getting those guys ready,” he said at one point. “That’s on me” he said he said at another. “It’s not on anyone else but me,” he said. restating his thesis once more.

Edsall’s emphasis on accountability followed a week of contentious interactions with the media. On Tuesday, the coach walked out of his press conference (after 24 minutes) when a reporter asked about his philosophy on midseason coordinator firings, apparently interpreting the question as a shot at defensive coordinator Billy Crocker. The next day, he held a fiery two-minute press conference in which he said all issues facing UConn were his fault and that, “If things aren’t going the right way, then fire my ass.”
This is one time I think HCRE2.0 executed correctly and kept his eye discipline; things aren't going the right way, FIRE HIS ASS.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom