Dammit, STOP with the threads about "who do you want to play after SDSt" ... | The Boneyard

Dammit, STOP with the threads about "who do you want to play after SDSt" ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
and "who do you want to play in the semis" ...

This has nothing to do with superstition, and has everything to do with incredibly bad mojo.

Never look past your current opponent. The basketball gods are vindictive. We should all know this.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

This has nothing to do with superstition, and has everything to do with incredibly bad mojo.

Never look past your current opponent. The basketball gods are vindictive. We all should know this.
Suny Binghamton GIF by Binghamton University

Reaction Score

Never look past your current opponent. The basketball gods are vindictive. We should all know this.
Truer words have never been spoken. Don't think about winning the title, don't think about getting to the Final Four, don't think about Iowa St-Illinois. Just defeat San Diego St. is the only thing to think about now.

Reaction Score
Don’t drink the poison from the media. One game at a time.
I don't want the media to alert the fickle basketball gods to our presence.

I would like to point out to these kind and lovely "vindictive" basketball gods that just because the media says we are flying close to the sun does mean that we are - in fact - flying close to the sun. This is Fake News. Misinformed Disinformation. We are firmly grounded and - despite being "arrogant and spoiled" - totally humble.

Amen.

Reaction Score
I think we should revert to summer type nonsense threads between tourney games. Permission to post an "OT: Mt. Rushmore of relief pitchers" thread?

FWIW- "Mo, Lee Smith, Trevor Hoffman and Eck"

Reaction Score
Very aware of this and the media big-mouths aren't helping. Very much hoping to sneak by unnoticed.
Sorry but follow another program if you want the little engine that could, we're a behemoth.

SDSU is our opponent and that's where our focus should be but wanting to go unnoticed when you're the best team in the sport and coming off a national championship is crazy.

Reaction Score
So is buying tickets for Saturday:
-A display of confidence in the team?
-Stupidity?
-Good mojo?
-Bad mojo
-None of the above?
-Some of the above?
-All of the above?

The correct answer: Yes

Reaction Score
Fortunately the players haven't dropped the ball like some here. When asked about some not related to the next opponent, they all basically said the same thing,..."I don't know about that; we're focused on San Diego. Love this team.

Reaction Score
Sorry but follow another program if you want the little engine that could, we're a behemoth.

SDSU is our opponent and that's where our focus should be but wanting to go unnoticed when you're the best team in the sport and coming off a national championship is crazy.

This team is getting praise near the 1991 UNLV squad (minus the unbeaten-ness, which was huge) and 1999 Duke. The last time UConn was in this position George Mason came a calling (different, I know).

I am enjoying this run immensely - but I don't see the need to tempt Fate (the "vindicative basketball gods") along the way.

Yes, the second Duke and Florida runs are conveniently forgotten - but perhaps their fans didn't tempt the basketball gods (we know what fine and righteous people both Duke and Florida have as fans).

Reaction Score
i need to make sure i phrase this right....but i would be shocked if staff isnt already putting gameplans together for both potential opponents on saturday, just like every other coaching staff of a sweet 16 team. it's not possible to effectively prepare for an elite 8 game strictly within the 48 hours after a sweet 16 game. it's not looking ahead or taking anything for granted, its just preparation. rather than having to talk about boring SDSU all week it would be fun to discuss ISU and Illinois as well.

Reaction Score
Fortunately the players haven't dropped the ball like some here. When asked about some not related to the next opponent, they all basically said the same thing,..."I don't know about that; we're focused on San Diego. Love this team.
Ive been a Uconn fan for 35 years and i have never seen a more focused team than this one. These guys dont mess around. Someone here put it perfectly "they dont play with their food". At least until theyre up big with 10 minutes left and take their foot off the pedal and out of the opponents .

Reaction Score
Yeah!!! What he said.

Good mojo is a Syracuse walk-on being arrested for being P Diddy's drug mule.
For me it was Cincinnati losing to Indiana State. Happy to pee in kobe’s cheerios.

Reaction Score
My last in person NCAA tourney was a loss, yes I was there for Tate’s shot but also for Laettners. I am home in my special gear!!
I had a in person discussion with Christian L about that shot few years ago down in FL. I think I mentioned it stopped us from going to Final Four. It was a backhanded compliment. His response was dead silence. I think it came off as a little rough, I botched it, cant remember exactly what I said. By the way he's very tall...lol. I was so confident in that Clemson game that I went to get Pizza from meal card at halftime. By time I got back to dorm Clemson was cutting into lead. But I do remember the Big Bonfires afterwards as couches people used to watch game were going up in smoke. It was a wild scene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom