Dallas signs Terry Larrier | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dallas signs Terry Larrier

pj

Reaction Score
I'm hoping that a Hurley-coached Tyler Polley contributes more than an Ollie-coached Terry Larrier ... but hoping Terry Larrier makes an NBA all-star team.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Insane amount of virtue posturing in this thread. Just read the tweet and move on.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Not worth re-hashing Larrier's play for us last year. I wish him well, but, like many of you, I doubt he has what it takes to thrive in the NBA. Iffy handle, poor footwork, not strong inside or on D, and a streaky (at best) outside shot. If he can correct all that …

Now, that said, I hope he can prove me wrong.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Where's that thread where everyone talked about how much he sucked?

Wherever it is, it has Showballot mocking me at least 5 times about the fact that I said he was a college year away from sneaking into the first round. It's always nice when the NBA confirms what I thought I already knew. I'm guessing I won't hear much from him again. I'll count this as a victory and wish Larrier luck as a Husky... :cool:

Reaction Score
Wherever it is, it has Showballot mocking me at least 5 times about the fact that I said he was a college year away from sneaking into the first round. It's always nice when the NBA confirms what I thought I already knew. I'm guessing I won't hear much from him again. I'll count this as a victory and wish Larrier luck as a Husky... :cool:
2 does not equal 3 and a training camp invite isn’t being drafted in the first round

Reaction Score
If Larrier really impresses? Good luck with that.
Larrier was burning up the NBA camps and was our leading scorer before the ACL injury.
He certainly wasn’t at his best last year. Maybe an extra year will help who knows for sure.
I wish him luck the kid had some tough breaks and he was a Huskie for three years and graduated so we should wish him well as a UConn alumni
The more we get in the NBA the better.

Reaction Score
Terry Larrier will benefit just like RodneyPurvis did with the more open spacing of the pro game.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
2 does not equal 3 and a training camp invite isn’t being drafted in the first round

Thanks for the 2 does not equal 3. An invite to a 22 man pro squad more than implies that he was a year away from sneaking into the first round...

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
oh ok, I didn't realize we're just going to make things up today and pretend that they're true
Forces elsewhere are dedicated to making this tacticthe new normal. If it bleeds over to other domains, who can be surprised? And I say this without pronouncing judgment if this is precisely what's going on here.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
oh ok, I didn't realize we're just going to make things up today and pretend that they're true

Oh okay.

So it wasn't true before the invite into camp. Then it wasn't true when he made the 20-22 man squad either.

That's the funny thing. You get to claim it's not true because he left school, and we'll never be able to definitively know. But to anyone who had thought that Terry was worthless, they have two choices right now; either eat their words or continue to just be misanthropic clowns. He's already proven he is a worthwhile player, regardless of what happens when they cut down to 13...

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Why do you have bash Kevin Ollie? He was a good guard for us and got us a national championship. Yeah his teams struggled a bit in the end. Those criticizing Ollie have to take a long hard look in mirror. So quit ragging on the guy. He's gone. Hopefully Hurley will do better.
because some folks just don't get it
KO was responsible for all those guys he mentioned for even getting a look at the next level
KO was not good the last two years - no doubt but some like the bash to get likes I guess
We all hope DH does well
I agree - lets move on

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL FORMER HUSKIES

Reaction Score
Some people discuss a players impact or lack thereof while others are sure to support any player in order to get yet another dig in on the ex-HCKO.

It’s cute in this thread.:eek:

Reaction Score
Oh okay.

So it wasn't true before the invite into camp. Then it wasn't true when he made the 20-22 man squad either.

That's the funny thing. You get to claim it's not true because he left school, and we'll never be able to definitively know. But to anyone who had thought that Terry was worthless, they have two choices right now; either eat their words or continue to just be misanthropic clowns. He's already proven he is a worthwhile player, regardless of what happens when they cut down to 13...
yeah one more season as an iona gael would have skyrocketed sam cassell jrs draft stock

Reaction Score
As much as I am rooting for Larrier to succeed, he was never going to be a first round draft pick. He would have never been a truly dominant college player and his upside is pretty limited based on his build and ball handling deficiencies. I bet he finds some foreign league where he can flourish though.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
I wish him well but can we be honest about
his lengthy but underwhelming time here.
The kid barely played. It was one of the top five weirdest UConn MBB careers ever.

Reaction Score
I wish Terry nothing but the best of luck pursuing his NBA dreams. He always seemed to be on the verge of breaking down so it’s worrying with him against much tougher NBA bodies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom