Dallas News | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dallas News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is Borges the Chief. He is down on this ad because it might be bulletin board material for SMU.

Is this Earth? How lost is the Horde?
First Borges questioning the ad..then only 3 questions asked at the press conference to announce the hiring of new AD Dave Benedict. I don't think lost is the word.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What's with the ad and billboards? I mean really, to what end?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This definitely intrigues me as someone who follows conference realignment closely. Your AD is spending significant dollars to preach The UCONN Message in the heart of Big 12 Country.

JMO but this feels a lot less like your AD trying to sell UCONN to The Big 12, and a lot more like trying to educate/acclimate sports fans in the Southwest to what a UCONN Membership brings to their conference. If these things start popping up in Oklahoma when you play Tulsa on the road, I'll be sold on this actually happening.

FWIW your AD should see if they can get a co-op fee from SMU for all the free advertising you are doing for their home game.

That feels right to me. This is direct to fans...an effort to soften the blow of a choice they may initially not care for. It's highly encouraging in that regard.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
The way I see it, this advertising campaign is geared toward television for the Thursday SMU game. If we can prove to the B12 that we can generate ratings deep in the heart of Texas it will go a long way in securing a spot for us. The newspaper says "hey, were coming into town and we're bringin our hardware with us. You want a shot at the title (discount double check)?" Hopefully it will rile up the SMU fanbase for its final home game and generate huge tv numbers.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Is Borges the Chief. He is down on this ad because it might be bulletin board material for SMU.

Is this Earth? How lost is the Horde?

Borges is a huge . And not a good kind of .

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I hope its bulletin board material for SMU. That would mean that this ad is pinned up on bulletin boards in Dallas. Hopefully the right pair of eyes will see it and think "what in the world is UConn doing in the friggin' AAC?"

Reaction Score
Remember when this board bashed Rutgers fans and Coach Shady for putting up Rutgers football billboards in Florida....

c4s_usf111209_93711a_8col.jpg

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
We have recruited Texas in football and baskeball in the past too... it's a low cost way to get our brand out there...

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
The ad says ESPN.
The game is on ESPN2

Reaction Score
Remember when this board bashed Rutgers fans and Coach Shady for putting up Rutgers football billboards in Florida....

c4s_usf111209_93711a_8col.jpg

People who drove past that billboard in Florida were probably like " Rutgers? I'm not familiar with that high school."

pj

Reaction Score
Rutgers billboard in Florida meant they were going to the B1G.

UConn billboard in Texas must mean we're going to the B1G.

C

Chief00

The billboard and newspaper ads are further confirmation SH is tone deaf and whoever we are paying to brand us should have their contract terminated.

When your head coach has to apologize for the ad it makes the school look clumsy and uncoordinated - how that image helps getting into a P5 - I can't imagine.

Reaction Score
The billboard and newspaper ads are further confirmation SH is tone deaf and whoever we are paying to brand us should have their contract terminated.

When your head coach has to apologize for the ad it makes the school look clumsy and uncoordinated - how that image helps getting into a P5 - I can't imagine.

KO has more things to worry about than signs in Texas. There appears to be some cracks in his armor.

IMHO KO did not need to apologize for the signs. Anyone with any knowledge of CR knows why the newspaper ad and billboards were placed.

By the way....SMU would have still beaten us by the same number of points, even if ads or signs were not there.

Any chance to knock SH and you are there. As usual this time you are wrong about her. Just ask Andre.

Reaction Score

Got a problem with the $11,000 ad #UConn bought in a Dallas newspaper?
http://www.courant.com/sports/hc-jacobs-column-0304-20160303-story.html

C

Chief00

KO has more things to worry about than signs in Texas. There appears to be some cracks in his armor.

IMHO KO did not need to apologize for the signs. Anyone with any knowledge of CR knows why the newspaper ad and billboards were placed.

By the way....SMU would have still beaten us by the same number of points, even if ads or signs were not there.

Any chance to knock SH and you are there. As usual this time you are wrong about her. Just ask Andre.

You are consistently clueless and demonstrate zero knowledge of marketing. You always should respect your opponent in sports and clearly two guys who have been around college and pro sports for nearly 75 years combined (LB & KO) saw a problem with it. Disrespecting other schools is not a way to punch your P5 ticket. As for SH -I know people associated with UConn who like her but I have some contacts in senior positions at other colleges and to be very kind - she has made a very poor impression and this adds to the pile.

As for Andre - I don't believe we have ever discussed SH - we talked about more fun stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom