Daily Campus UConn Article | The Boneyard

Daily Campus UConn Article

Reaction Score
i wrote a little bit for the daily campus when i was at uconn, so i try to give these kids the benefit of the doubt, but this story is completely insane.

to start with -- we lost the national championship in 2014??? how do you make that mistake in a uconn newspaper?

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Sidestepping the glaring factual issues...

With "friends" like these, who needs enemies? Are they unable to see the progress from where things were just a few years ago?

Reaction Score
i wrote a little bit for the daily campus when i was at uconn, so i try to give these kids the benefit of the doubt, but this story is completely insane.

to start with -- we lost the national championship in 2014??? how do you make that mistake in a uconn newspaper?
If the writer is a revisionist historian, anything can come from the writer's pen or computer key.

Or, could have been the writer's state of mind or preoccupations or incapacities at the time.

National newspapers have fact checkers as far as I know.

Reaction Score
One of you tech whizzes must find a Google cache page for this article. I want to read it!

Reaction Score
What did it say?
I didn't get to read the article but basically said UConn shouldn't be called "Basketball Capital of the World" because the men's team haven't been in the Final Four since 2014 when they lost (which of course, they did not).

He also failed to mention the women's team at all, which is obviously more responsible for the title than the men.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I didn't get to read the article but basically said UConn shouldn't be called "Basketball Capital of the World" because the men's team haven't been in the Final Four since 2014 when they lost (which of course, they did not).

He also failed to mention the women's team at all, which is obviously more responsible for the title than the men.
Wow, why would a UConn student even want to write that paper? What a

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Thus far, I don't recall a Daily Campus article about the basketball program that wasn't erroneous and stupid in equal measures. That goes back decades.

Reaction Score
Thus far, I don't recall a Daily Campus article about the basketball program that wasn't erroneous and stupid in equal measures. That goes back decades.
The paper peaked in the 20th century.
Actually I kid I have no idea.
I will say this. I thought I was a good writer and then I interned and worked at the JI for a little bit. The red ink on my first article looked like a crime scene. Working for the JI for a short period of time made me a much better writer.
Not that working at the DC didn’t. I would proofread my stuff constantly knowing it was out there on campus even if no one was reading it. And I’m sure the editors kicked my butt too once in awhile. But getting a real job turned it up a notch.

Reaction Score
Bottom line though back when I was at the DC an article that foolish doesn’t get space in the paper IMO.

Reaction Score
Back in the mid to late 1960's, the students sarcastically called it the Daily Compost.

I remember there was a student columnist who called himself Lord Alfred, but I cannot remember anything he wrote about.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I am picturing Hurley with his signature nose mask tracking down this writer and giving him the old 1-2. Based on what everyone is saying was written in the article I doubt Hurley even needs the nose mask disguise, as the writer would have no idea who he was without it.

Reaction Score
Was this the infamous piece?

1649280351300.png

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My only real memory of the Daily Campus was the annual April fools edition the 1982 edition in particular in which they referred to Chuck Aleksinas as Chuck Anal Kleenex. I remember Chuck not being too happy about that, but it still makes me chuckle today.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom