D’shawn Schwartz | The Boneyard

D’shawn Schwartz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Three leaders for D’shawn Schwartz

Scout’s 66th ranked 2017 prospect said that three schools lead for him.

“CU, Stanford’s new coaches are talking to me and UConn are probably the best ones right now,” Schwartz said, before breaking down all three programs.

Colorado: “It’s great. I’ve been up there a few times and it’s going well. I have a great relationship with them.”

Stanford: “It’s Stanford. That’s a great school. Their new coaching staff seems to be pretty cool. They just started talking to me.”

UConn: “I like their name – it’s a big school – and Jeremy Lamb went there; he’s one of my favorite players.”

Reaction Score
My god, his name. Skill aside, "D'Shawn Schwartz" is reason enough for us to be recruiting him.

Uh huh. I can agree here Stair. Too many things I see in the highlight video that look special but then again, it is a highlight video.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Uh huh. I can agree here Stair. Too many things I see in the highlight video that look special but then again, it is a highlight video.

We also haven't really been mentioned by name by many '17 SF prospects. Pretty much MAL, Diallo, Z. Brown and Richards have been the only 2017s who have given us a ton of verbal love. Granted I still think Jermaine Samuels is a fine player and would love to have him in a Husky uniform, but if there's a choice between two similarly ranked players I'll take the one that's jumping to come to UConn.

Reaction Score
According to this article from January, UConn was one of several schools expressing interest in Schwartz. CU and Stanford have been on him forever, so it seems like a good sign that Schwartz is so interested in UConn.

Reaction Score
About as lazy an article Corey (or anyone really) can write. Really bad stuff. Anyway we are not mentioned as 'Those he eyes ones to include' for a visit.

Reaction Score
I love this kid's game. Ton of wing talent in the coming years.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Highlight tape, recruitment tape - I don't care what it is
This kid is a baller - plain and simple he can score and he can deal
PLUS he's a lefty - I don't care about the comp - he sliced and diced
I WANT HIM BAD

Reaction Score
Wow! He's just as strong going to his right as he is going to his left. Gotta love those skills

C

Chief00

I know I have been accused of being a tough evaluator but in this case I see a lot of good stuff in his game. He is good off the dribble with a good first step and he also has some good footwork and array of shots.

C

Chief00

Don't ever change.

Thanks - I try not to let the bright lights of First Night blind my talent evaluation. Since I have never attended First Night this is a metaphor for not basing my evaluation solely on a series of uncontested dunks and the like.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Thanks - I try not to let the bright lights of First Night blind my talent evaluation. Since I have never attended First Night this is a metaphor for not basing my evaluation solely on a series of uncontested dunks and the like.
Loved first nights. If I was closer to UConn I'd still attend. I declared to my wife and son KEA was going to give UConn it's first NC. I just knew it as sure as I knew anything when I watched him at his first MM.

Reaction Score
Thanks - I try not to let the bright lights of First Night blind my talent evaluation.

I think that's what everyone respects about you. Most people base their talent evaluation solely on the coed scrimmage. You're far too wise for that.

Full disclosure: I have zero interest in First Night as well.

C

Chief00

Loved first nights. If I was closer to UConn I'd still attend. I declared to my wife and son KEA was going to give UConn it's first NC. I just knew it as sure as I knew anything when I watched him at his first MM.

Glad you enjoyed it - obviously you saw something other than dunks with KEM - but that was when JC would hold his nose and do First Night knowing he would be in Guyer Gym with guys vomitting the next day. It was really more of a scrimmage then than this coed type entertainment.

Reaction Score
I know I have been accused of being a tough evaluator but in this case I see a lot of good stuff in his game. He is good off the dribble with a good first step and he also has some good footwork and array of shots.
You are a world class troll.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Glad you enjoyed it - obviously you saw something other than dunks with KEM - but that was when JC would hold his nose and do First Night knowing he would be in Guyer Gym with guys vomitting the next day. It was really more of a scrimmage then than this coed type entertainment.
He was a floor general the moment he stepped onto the court. He was guiding people on both teams. And he was already in IJC mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom