Cyclone Fanatic site is incredibly uninformed | The Boneyard

Cyclone Fanatic site is incredibly uninformed

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I just read some posts to get their thoughts on the game, and just wow. Virtually no knowledge of geography, academics or basketball. And they firmly believe that UConn has no basketball fans and is a commuter school - yes that Iowa State believes that. But hey, they do play Kansas which they love to point out :confused:

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Who knew a school that has 72% of all students in on-campus housing is a commuter school...
They did not say that...

edit and I wonder what percentage live right in Willy, Cedar, Orchard Acres, Knollwood, Renwood, Carriage, Celeron, Clubhouse...

Reaction Score
U.S News & World Report has Iowa State University ranked 101st among National Universities versus 58th for UConn. Still ISU's academics surpass those of Louisville (at 161st), but that's not saying much.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
I just read some posts to get their thoughts on the game, and just wow. Virtually no knowledge of geography, academics or basketball. And they firmly believe that UConn has no basketball fans and is a commuter school - yes that Iowa State believes that. But hey, they do play Kansas which they love to point out :confused:

They also think we only have 2 national titles!

A lot of hate in there blood!

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Who knew a school that has 72% of all students in on-campus housing is a commuter school...

When I was a student UConn had the highest percentage of students living on campus than any other university. Not sure if that has changed? Anyone know?

Reaction Score
The most comical post I read, which for his sake I hope was an attempt to be funny, came from Mtowncyclone13:

"When your only claim to fame is women's basketball I think that says enough..."

Reaction Score
The most comical post I read, which for his sake I hope was an attempt to be funny, came from Mtowncyclone13:

"When your only claim to fame is women's basketball I think that says enough..."
Which was then promptly smacked down by other posters.

There's ignorant people on every board.

Reaction Score
Which was then promptly smacked down by other posters.

There's ignorant people on every board.
Exactly. I try to ignore a lot of the dumb people on cyclonefanatic, but that's a low percentage. Most of the people who post on there know what they are talking about and are respectful to visitors of other teams fans. If you want to see ignorant then you should visit hawkeyenation.com sometime.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Who --- cares what's written on another message board?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I like how a "7 seed is [our] rightful place."

Yeah, because we didn't beat anyone this year...

Reaction Score
Exactly. I try to ignore a lot of the dumb people on cyclonefanatic, but that's a low percentage. Most of the people who post on there know what they are talking about and are respectful to visitors of other teams fans. If you want to see ignorant then you should visit hawkeyenation.com sometime.

I'll have you know Iowa produces fine football players and even better head coaches. Watch it buddy.....

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

That surprises you?

Do you think they would still be in Iowa if they knew anything about geography?

Reaction Score
Who --- cares what's written on another message board?
I went looking for mojo and found it on their front page!!!

Attachments

• iowa mojo.png
    iowa mojo.png
    433.2 KB · Views: 91
Reaction Score
One guy actually said that our women's team would beat our men's team.

Reaction Score
The two most important factors in the game on Friday:
Jeremy Lamb's windmill dunk at the end of the 2012 game
The "mascot incident"

Reaction Score
this. hok fans are idiots.

ISU's rankings have slipped lately mostly due to a lot of rankings systems changing criteria in regards to medical and doctorate programs. ISU has very good engineering, Vet, design, education, and of course Ag schools. The business school is on the rise and has a a great placement rate. We simply do not have the doctorate programs to compete in the rankings. A prime example is University of Iowa med school actually takes more ISU premed students than iowa grads. Simply because the premed program at ISU gives more lab time and better prepares students. ISU also is a leader in alternative energy research, whether that be wind, ethanol, or other sources.

ISU has recently grown larger than iowa and has become the largest school in state. With that has come growing pains. Especially with budget cuts.

Rankings don't necessarily show the strength of a school but it does really irk us ISU alum to see us fall in the rankings. Our new President headed up the University of North Carolina research and did some amazing things at UNC in building a top notch research center combining private and public together. We expect to see that happen in Ames. We have already drawn some industry leaders into Ames. I can't remember off the top of my head the name but there is a computer company that is building a campus just south of ISU. The campus is very similar to Google's. Crazy stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom