CTNewsJunkie Op-Ed: Who Should Replace Ollie, Nobody | The Boneyard

CTNewsJunkie Op-Ed: Who Should Replace Ollie, Nobody

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Am I the only one who has never heard of this outlet? They look very small-time.

Reaction Score
What struck me is at the end - "She lives in Enfield with her wife and her cats" - anyone that is so attached to a cat as to include them in a "bio" is a couple of beers short of a sixer in my book.

The author is a cat person. Makes sense now.

I've never been so happy that other people read something and took away from the piece the same thing I took away from it.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
"Susan Bigelow is an award-winning columnist and the founder of CTLocalPolitics. She lives in Enfield with her wife and their cats."
I think she won an award for Creepiest Cat Person.
bigelow.jpg

Reaction Score
I was pretty ticked off when I read this. This lady is flat out crazy with the D3 comment.

Reaction Score
Is she aware that men’s basketball
Has historically made significant money.
Men’s football when we were in the Big East also made money, it still generates substantial dollars in
In the AAC media plus NCAA playoff distribution .
Forgot about the Nike deal
If our point is we should eliminate all non revenue sports .
Every women’s program with the exception of B.B. would go .
Plus D3 still has considerable expense with next to zero revenue.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Is she aware that men’s basketball
Has historically made significant money.
Men’s football when we were in the Big East also made money, it still generates substantial dollars in
In the AAC media plus NCAA playoff distribution .
Forgot about the Nike deal
If our point is we should eliminate all non revenue sports .
Every women’s program with the exception of B.B. would go .
Plus D3 still has considerable expense with next to zero revenue.

don't forget IMG...which is rather significant.

did WBB start making money?

Reaction Score
Even my bleeding liberal heart jumped out and burned a tree after reading this and seeing the run of the mill husky supporting author.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
She is also very pro-union and anti-a-certain-political-party. Some of you share an ideology with this person more than you want to believe.

Did you read the article? She definitely seems to lean liberal, but she was trashing unions left and right in the article.

Reaction Score
Thankfully, for her, there are 50 other states, the majority of which ALSO have state run universities with significant division I athletics. Have any of THEM attempted this idea, or even considered it ? I feel like the answer to that question is a resounding NO.

Maybe, just maybe, major college athletics has been a part of the "university experience" for a century or more. Maybe, if she looked into it a bit, she might find that the prestige of the UConn athletic programs actually PRE-DATED significant upgrades to the university and it's academic programs.

I mean, once you accept the premise that one of the goals of a state government is to further the education of the state's residents and others (which in itself is a mammoth expense) it's hard to make a cogent argument against D1 athletics, without making the same argument against all athletics, D3 or otherwise.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Also, cat lady, the school’s growing academic reputation and dramatic rise in rankings and numbers of applications, has gone hand in hand with the rise of our basketball program.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Seems Susan is on a second career. Spent several years, according to her bio, as an actress/ musician. Unimpressive in this field.

She is another troll trying to become relevant in the political world. A waste of a read.

Reaction Score
She's getting torn apart on twitter and all her response so far is "People don't like this idea"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom