CT Gatorade Player of the Year: Spencer Lockwood | Page 3 | The Boneyard

CT Gatorade Player of the Year: Spencer Lockwood

Reaction Score
I'll ask you again. Name the group of white RB's that play, not only FBS football, but have starred in the NFL.

That was my point on why this kid from Killingly was not getting offers.

Not so much because he is white but because it's just the way talent shows up.

Please only respond with why I am wrong.

By the way are there 12 people on this board who have actually met you or are you a friend of Nelson who know one admits to have ever met?

I’ve met a bunch of Yarders including you. Got along great with all of them except you. I’m more than comfortable with a lunatic like you being the outlier.

Reaction Score
I’ve met a bunch of Yarders including you. Got along great with all of them except you. I’m more than comfortable with a lunatic like you being the outlier.

I promise you we have never met. I would have remembered the stench.

By the way, thanks for commenting on the proof article I posted.

Reaction Score
I promise you we have never met. I would have remembered the stench.

By the way, thanks for commenting on the proof article I posted.

Lol you’re so lost. We absolutely met. We got along fine. About a year later you went on this personal jihad against me and whaler and lost your marbles.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I think I'm a pretty level headed poster here. I'm as bat crazy as most but probably in the upper percentile when it comes to common sense.

Sportsart, cut your losses my friend. I have no dog in this fight and I'm not picking Jimmy over you. It's just a bad, bad argument about a post that shouldn't have been made when talking about HS recruits.

If we were in a bar having a few beers, I'd love to debate this with you. Not here.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The NFL’s racial divide

If you are able, please read. If not I can have someone interpret it for you Serrano.

Way to make it something its not.
Wow, that’s actually a thoughtful article, not trash which is what I expected. Not sure I fully agree with the premise that white althletes aren’t trying for traditional black athlete roles on football teams because of stereotypes. I suppose it is true for a very small percentage, but I think the overwhelming divider is skill and not enough of it rather than race.

As for Lockwood, he needs to do a post grad year in a better conf or head the juco route if he wants a FBS scholarship to prove himself. I don’t see enough juice in his step and the competition he is dominating is mediocre. He looks Jason Thompson fast at best which is not enough.

Go watch that Banton kid’s tape in Hartford. Now that’s an ideal PWO.

I wish Lockwood the best though. Being awarded state player of the year is a tremendous honor and accomplishment.

Last edited:

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
If we met we’d probably get along fine. @CTMike hates everyone and even we get along.

@CTMike is the worst... ;)

We'd probably get along. I'd make you buy the first beer, but then we'd be two peas in a pod. You'd even learn to like my italics...

Reaction Score
@sportsart I think it's the way you're presenting your argument. I have no dog in this fight either. But you don't seem to be making the distinction between causation and correlation obvious enough.

The fact is, for some time now, most D1/NFL RBs have happened to be predominantly black. This is supported by data, and not really up for debate.

That said, I doubt there are many coaches out there that see a white RB they think can perform at their level and say, "nah, wrong color". Which is the way many seem to interpret your point. Whether that's correct or not, that seems to be how people are taking it.

But, I guess a coach could say that, the Warriors blew a 3-1 lead.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
If we met we’d probably get along fine. @CTMike hates everyone and even we get along.

@CTMike is the worst... ;)

We'd probably get along. I'd make you buy the first beer, but then we'd be two peas in a pod. You'd even learn to like my italics...
8A2AC570-E7FD-48CB-922F-56F7A5EA4AB8.gif

Reaction Score
@sportsart I think it's the way you're presenting your argument. I have no dog in this fight either. But you don't seem to be making the distinction between causation and correlation obvious enough.

The fact is, for some time now, most D1/NFL RBs have happened to be predominantly black. This is supported by data, and not really up for debate.

That said, I doubt there are many coaches out there that see a white RB they think can perform at their level and say, "nah, wrong color". Which is the way many seem to interpret your point. Whether that's correct or not, that seems to be how people are taking it.

But, I guess a coach could say that, the Warriors blew a 3-1 lead.

My whole point was that the kid from Killingly was a white RB and basically he is not high on the list for recruits because there are not many white RB's that get recruited for college or succeed in the NFL.

It wasn't a race thing, it was just a fact.

I provided proof but some people are uncomfortable with facts and just make it something that it's not.

It's not about the coach saying "wrong color" it's about "it is what it is"

Where am I wrong?

Reaction Score
My whole point was that the kid from Killingly was a white RB and basically he is not high on the list for recruits because there are not many white RB's that get recruited for college or succeed in the NFL.

I provided proof but some people are uncomfortable with facts and just make it something that it's not.

Where am I wrong?

You're saying it is what it is, but your definition of is is wrong. The way your stating it, it is about race. Just because most RB's are black does not mean you don't look at an RB because he is white. You look at the person on their individual merit. Regardless of race, color, religion or creed. Most Superbowl winning QB's are white, but I'd be ticked off if my team passed over a QB because other QB's of his color were not as successful. When the dude puts his foot in the dirt, can he perform, bottom line, end of story.

Reaction Score

Where am I wrong?
I think it's not what you're saying, but how you're saying it. But I shouldn't speak for others.

You can't introduce his race into the discussion, and then say his recruitment has nothing to do with race. You can, but you see the response it gets.

Not many white RBs get recruited, but that doesn't mean that's the reason he isn't being recruited.

As I said, where you're wrong is in your delivery.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Where am I wrong?

You are wrong in that it isn’t the reason why no one is recruiting this kid. The lack of white RBs in the NFL keeps Bryant and Central from recruiting someone? Holy Cross and Assumption reject white running backs?

Btw - Robbie Frye was going to be at the top of the depth chart until the school didn’t let him in a grad program. Was he white enough for you?

Reaction Score
You are wrong in that it isn’t the reason why no one is recruiting this kid. The lack of white RBs in the NFL keeps Bryant and Central from recruiting someone? Holy Cross and Assumption reject white running backs?

Btw - Robbie Frye was going to be at the top of the depth chart until the school didn’t let him in a grad program. Was he white enough for you?

Not to mention Max Delorenzo too

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
In regards to Lockwood, I was at the Barlow/Killingly game last night and he was clearly the best player on the field. That being said, I wouldn't read too much into his stats as Killingly runs the ball every single play and he gets the majority of the carries. He had some nice long runs, but Killingly's line was also much bigger than Barlows. He is definitely a very good HS player, but nothing he did screamed Div 1 football talent.

Reaction Score
My whole point was that the kid from Killingly was a white RB and basically he is not high on the list for recruits because there are not many white RB's that get recruited for college or succeed in the NFL. This is wrong. He’s not high on the list for recruits because he does possess the skillsets that coaches look for.

It wasn't a race thing, it was just a fact. You made it a race thing, then spent all night saying it’s not a race thing. Unbelievable.

I provided proof but some people are uncomfortable with facts and just make it something that it's not. You provided factual evidence that there are more black RB’s in college and pro football. A fact that is obvious and nobody has disputed. Congratulations.

It's not about the coach saying "wrong color" it's about "it is what it is" What it “is” is that he’s not a D1 talent. Nothing more than that. It was idiotic of you to bring his race into the equation in the first place.

Where am I wrong? The fact that the entire board disagrees with your take, how you said it, or whatever should give you pause.

Side note, I couldn’t care less what you think of me. For your own sanity, put me on ignore. You seem to have an issue with differing opinions and people who don’t post like a complete homer. Use the ignore function that you like to brag about using. I’m done with you.

Reaction Score
I'll ask you again. Name the group of white RB's that play, not only FBS football, but have starred in the NFL.

That was my point on why this kid from Killingly was not getting offers.

Not so much because he is white but because it's just the way talent shows up.

Please only respond with why I am wrong.

By the way are there 12 people on this board who have actually met you or are you a friend of Nelson who know one admits to have ever met?

Do Mike Alstott and Brian Leonard count those are two guys I can think of off the top of my head.

If you think that college coaches aren't looking at kids because of some racial profile or past history of success of a racial group at a particular position you've straight out lost your mind.

Reaction Score
If he wants to keep playing football he can go to a good D3 program and get a really good education. He's a great HS running back but I don't think he's big or fast enough for FBS football. Maybe an FCS school will take a flyer on him
Not sure of his speed but 5'11" 190 is not small.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom