CRYSTAL!! | Page 7 | The Boneyard

CRYSTAL!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
24 points tonight. Her average is now 16.2 ppg, 9th in the league. She shot 9-9 on FTs and is at 92%, which should put her in the top 3-4 in the league.
Hines-Allen’s big game bumped Crystal down to 10th.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Second Month (even though the month is 2 weeks)

1600343079950.png

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Particularly incisive article by NY Times on Crystal with great quotes and thoughts from Crystal, Reeve, Katie Smith and Geno

“Freshman year at UConn is unlike any other. You go in having felt like you could do anything on the court, and that is stripped away,” Dangerfield said. “You have to learn that system, learn what they’re asking you to do about playing hard and stuff like that. I feel like after you go through that, you’re good. Nothing’s going to have you too high or too low.”

As Auriemma watched from home on Thursday as Dangerfield faced off against the Mercury, he was reminded of the 2019 N.C.A.A. tournament game against U.C.L.A. in which Dangerfield scored 11 of her 15 points in the fourth quarter to give UConn a 69-61 win and a trip to the round of 8.

“During the game and after the game she was very emotional because there was something that she wanted to do, and she felt great about her accomplishments. And I saw that the other night,” Auriemma said.

“She’s got a motivation about her,’’ said Katie Smith, a Lynx assistant coach. “She knows that she can hang in this league, but I think that also has helped fuel her.”

“She just shows up every day and doesn’t talk a whole lot, just goes out, does it,’’ Smith added. “I’m not necessarily surprised, but just happy because she’s really been a huge piece of why we are where we are right now.”

“I was talking to Katie earlier today and was like, I have a long list for her in the off-season,’’ Reeve told reporters on Saturday. “And then I thought, what the hell am I going to wait for the off-season for? Why don’t I tell her now and let’s see if she can’t evolve? Anything we’ve given her, she’s done a great job of.”

and end with a Tweet from LaChina

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Who would have thought when Crystal was a junior and Collier and KLS were seniors that Crystal would have a bigger impact as a rookie in the regular season WNBA than Collier or KLS or Sabrina, Chennedy, and Satou? Now of course I did. I just did not want to proclaim it because I did not want the BYers to think I am crazy or biased toward Crystal. :rolleyes: Only a Doo Wop lover who also loves WBB would know stuff like that.;)

Reaction Score
Who would have thought when Crystal was a junior and Collier and KLS were seniors that Crystal would have a bigger impact as a rookie in the regular season WNBA than Collier or KLS or Sabrina, Chennedy, and Satou? Now of course I did. I just did not want to proclaim it because I did not want the BYers to think I am crazy or biased toward Crystal. :rolleyes: Only a Doo Wop lover who also loves WBB would know stuff like that.;)

Pretty sure Collier had the same impact last year and Danger did this year. U shouldn’t include Sabrina since she played 2-3 games. and Carter would have been ROY is she didn’t get injured. With that being said.... Crystal had a great year and welldeserved ROY

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Pretty sure Collier had the same impact last year and Danger did this year. U shouldn’t include Sabrina since she played 2-3 games. and Carter would have been ROY is she didn’t get injured. With that being said.... Crystal had a great year and welldeserved ROY

I think if Collier and Dangerfield played in the same season and their rookie campaigns were compared, I think Collier would have won pretty easily because her combined offensive and defensive performance would have been acknowledged by most of the voters.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Regardless of the reasons why, how many believed Dangerfield would have won it. I included Sabrina because most people thought she would win it. All of those things had to happen for Dangerfield to win it and they did. Dangerfield over Collier because she helped lead her team to the semi-finals. I understand that about Carter but you missed my point. The same with Satou. No one saw those things happening, at least I don't think they did.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

They are both undersized players from Tennessee. Alysha has found her niche as a defender and role player. She made life difficult for Crystal this week, but I'm sure she appreciates Crystal's special talents and heart.

Reaction Score
Regardless of the reasons why, how many believed Dangerfield would have won it. I included Sabrina because most people thought she would win it. All of those things had to happen for Dangerfield to win it and they did. Dangerfield over Collier because she helped lead her team to the semi-finals. I understand that about Carter but you missed my point. The same with Satou. No one saw those things happening, at least I don't think they did.
I did! You could see how hungry and driven she was from day one with the Lynx. Crystal had unfinished business after the shortened college season and leaving UCONN without a title. She believes in herself and when the pieces fell into place, at the start of the W season, she played her heart out. A new league, new system and new challenges and she never looked back she just met and exceeded every challenge that Reeves gave her and gave everything she had night in and night out to get her team the W. The Lynx far exceeded expectations this year, many players including Dantas, Sims, Carelton and Banham played some of their best basketball but Crystal and Pheesa were the backbones for this year's success. Both came onto the team and were the pieces the Lynx needed to fill huge holes left by giants in Maya and Lindsay. Each dove in and killed their rookie seasons with the Lynx. Comparing who had a greater impact during their rookie campaign has no interest to me, I just know that two of our own are the future that Reeves will build around. How about a starting five next season of Crystal, Odyssey, Pheesa, Maya and Sylvia. (suspecting the big news Maya spoke about she and Jonathan hoping to announce next spring is family rather than basketball related - but one can hope we'll see her back on the court ala Michael Jordan to add some more titles).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom