Crowd Reaction If Things Go Poorly vs. URI | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Crowd Reaction If Things Go Poorly vs. URI

Reaction Score
Meh. If we had any expectations whatsoever entering the season then, sure, boo. But we didn't and don't. We're bad. URI looks at us as a winnable game too. The real question is whether or not the URI fans will boo if they are losing at halftime.
URI fans will be happy to be in a big-time stadium with more than 1000 people there... and if we're losing, the URI fans and the UConn band may be the only ones left watching..

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
You're probably right. But even if only 75 people are left, it just seems inappropriate to rain boos down on a bunch of young guys playing their 3rd college game. Even though the boo birds may be expressing their disgust with the management of the overall program, not the players themselves, I'm concerned about the effect that kind of crowd reaction may have on the players' attitudes going forward. Some may start to wonder if they would be better off playing for more appreciative fans somewhere else. Hopefully if we fall behind the crowd will refrain from booing and remain supportive.
Holy crap, Pollyanna.
I'm thinking booze, not boos.
I'm more concerned about the effect of losing to URI after two humiliating blowouts, and what that might do to player attitudes.
Some may start to wonder if they would be better off with appreciative fans somewhere else???
First of all, this is the most BS rhetorical question, but nope. Nobody will start wondering that. Where are these kids going to go play right now?
Be happy when fans show up after two complete beatdowns...don't admonish them in advance just in case they boo a crappy performance.

I boo you, sir.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Any reaction is better than apathy.

Yeah, I don't really get the complains about booing. Yes they are college kids, but the fans paid for the tickets, which means it is a profession event of sorts. It's paid entertainment. I'm not saying it should be a common occurrence but it means that the fans care.

Nobody should boo a team that is trying hard and putting forth an effort but is outmatched. Booing guys who are going through the motions...I don't have a problem with that. The basketball team deserved boos at times last year, and the football team after they quit on Diaco (with reason).

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
If we struggle tomorrow? #CheerHarder ...

Reaction Score
If the Holy Cross game was any indication, I will have to tell somebody to $TFU before the first half is over.

Last edited:

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
People will probably just leave at half if we’re down 10 or more. If down by 3-10, maybe they’ll boo

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom