Creighton Post Game Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Creighton Post Game Thread

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
right now, the biggest game left on our schedule is the rematch against seton hall. lol.

I got a two pack before the season started and wanted to go to the Creighton game, but my wife had a school event last night so I had to watch the kids. I settled for Seton Hall instead. Seems like that might be the better choice at the end of the day.

Reaction Score
Adama Sanogo: “They thought they could win the game. They could not.”
I recall it being: "They thought they could win the game tonight. They could not."
Slight difference, but who's counting?

Reaction Score
Does Donny have some lingering animosity toward the UConn program? Or is it just overcorrection so he isn't seen as a homer? He also said Omaha is his favorite Big East city by far. I know he's from the PNW (Seattle area), and sometimes those folks feel neglected by sports media and complain about "East Coast bias." But his roots in CT and the northeast go very deep now, so that seems unlikely.
As I mentioned in another thread I believe Donny Marshall being a KO homie has a grudge against UCONN in how they handled that situation.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I recall it being: "They thought they could win the game tonight. They could not."
Slight difference, but who's counting?
99% sure it was "They thought they had a chance to win the game. They did not"

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
It was:
"They thought they had a chance to win the game. They did not"
Until somebody locates (or creates) and posts a brief video of the words as spoken, there will be a number of different wordings.

After such a video is posted, the number of different wordings will be reduced, but it won't shrink to zero.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Did we ever determine what Hurley's yellow drink is?

Reaction Score
99% sure it was "They thought they had a chance to win the game. They did not"
This was posted in the Yard right after the Arkansas game

Attachments

• AdamaSays.png
    AdamaSays.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 89
Reaction Score
The obsession with Donny is comical.
It is - he's just kind like your cookie cutter Syracuse grad when calling games. Not necessarily a bad thing but I'd like to see some more of the quirky, energetic personality that he had as a Husky shine through.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Until somebody locates (or creates) and posts a brief video of the words as spoken, there will be a number of different wordings.

After such a video is posted, the number of different wordings will be reduced, but it won't shrink to zero.

What I hear is:
"They thought they had a chance to win the game tonight, so, they did not." There might be a but or uh in there before the they.

Reaction Score
Solo ball played well while Castle was out, now it looks like he is the forgotten man, want to see more of him.

I agree, but he's also not doing ANYTHING with the minutes he's given, unlike Stewart. He's just about out of the rotation for a good reason. Right now, he's not a very good rebounder, is a shockingly bad passer (two assists in the last eight weeks...), and has an iffy handle. He's not doing anything we want from our guards...he's just existing on the court.

We saw that he has the tools to be an impactful player earlier this year. He's gotta act like it.

Solo needs to drop this idea that he's a 3&D guy. He's not. Attack the rim, be physical rebounding the ball, and play defense. If he can't use his natural gifts, he's not going to see the leap we expect from our freshman freshman to sophomore year.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Did we ever determine what Hurley's yellow drink is?
It's some kind of tea - I forget what it is exactly - when he went on Pardon My Take they asked him

Reaction Score
I agree, but he's also not doing ANYTHING with the minutes he's given, unlike Stewart. He's just about out of the rotation for a good reason. Right now, he's not a very good rebounder, is a shockingly bad passer (two assists in the last eight weeks...), and has an iffy handle. He's not doing anything we want from our guards...he's just existing on the court.

We saw that he has the tools to be an impactful player earlier this year. He's gotta act like it.

Solo needs to drop this idea that he's a 3&D guy. He's not. Attack the rim, be physical rebounding the ball, and play defense. If he can't use his natural gifts, he's not going to see the leap we expect from our freshman freshman to sophomore year.
He has actually shown a good handle when he has chosen to drive but unfortunately he barely does that and prefers to sit on the 3pt line. He needs to become more assertive on offense to get more minutes.

Reaction Score
He has actually shown a good handle when he has chosen to drive but unfortunately he barely does that and prefers to sit on the 3pt line. He needs to become more assertive on offense to get more minutes.

He doesn't go to his right. Scout is out and he needs to adjust.

Reaction Score

Agree completely, was saying that in the chat. You’re 6’3/6’4 with extendo arms and crazy hops, stop trying to be Joe Harris.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom