Creighton Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Creighton Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
That defensive effort was ridiculous. Maybe the most fun I’ve ever had watching a defense-first rock fight type of game. Castle handling Scheierman. Johnson doing incredibly with the hedging, and the help when he did it was immaculate. Diarra being Diarra… damn. Think we’ll be improving that 41st-ranked D.

And Clingan back and belting some Taylor Swift to boot. Heck of a game!
Today was the best defensive effort of the year. Hopefully there is a lot more of that this season. I enjoyed watching the defense more than the offense.

Reaction Score
If we stay healthy from here on out this can be our best team ever, IMO.
I like the optimism.

If they stay healthy, they should be overwhelming favorites to make the Final Four and favored to win the title. Tournament is difficult, and its very hard to unseat 1999 or 2004.

But, I'd take a title and a spirited discussion about it. :)

Reaction Score
Great D but our offense wasn't that good due to shooting and who took them. We did control the boards and created more turnovers thus we won the game as we created 18 more shots than Creighton. This game should of been 30 point win if we shot the ball well. Great win but we have somethings to improve on. Love Castle and I know Mcdermott wanted Castle taking outside shots but still 2-12 is awful. Newton still forcing stuff and Spencer with a bad shooting night. Though AK had a great 2nd half offensively. Good to see Clingan out there and playing effectively. We will get better offfensively.

Reaction Score
Great D but our offense wasn't that good. We did control the boards and created more turnovers thus we won the game. This game should of been 30 point win if we shot the ball well. Great win but we have somethings to improve on. Love Castle and I know Mcdermott wanted Castle taking outside shots but still 2-12 is awful.
We ran exceptional offense up to the 5:30 mark.

We missed a lot of very very good shots. Happens sometimes. But I don't think it means our offense wasn't good.

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
I don't care at all about our sub-par offensive performance. This is exactly what the team needed defensively. Not sure why it took this long to bring that energy, but we showed tonight we have it in us. Now it's up to the staff to bring it out on a nightly basis.

Reaction Score
That defense was INSANE. Creighton never looked comfortable. Even when they made their run at the end and we got a little lazy, we had just created too much separation. A high IQ, well coached, veteran team just completely dismantled.

If we can replicate that…. Good lord… imagine what we’ll do to teams on a good shooting night.

Reaction Score

We missed a lot of very very good shots. Happens sometimes. But I don't think it means our offense wasn't good.
Well that i why I said our offense wasn't great. We couldn't shoot even with all those open looks. I mean ten misses were from Castle who had one of his worst games offensively. He was great on D though.

Reaction Score

Thoughts on the Newton offensive foul? The only recent UConn player I can imagine could be vertical moving into a shot like that is maybe Hawkins. I'm not sure what he was supposed to do.

Reaction Score
Great D but our offense wasn't that good. We did control the boards and created more turnovers thus we won the game as we created 18 more shots than Creighton. This game should have been 30 point win if we shot the ball well. Great win but we have somethings to improve on. Love Castle and I know Mcdermott wanted Castle taking outside shots but still 2-12 is awful. Newton still forcing stuff and Spencer with a bad shooting night. Though AK had a great 2nd half offensively. Good to see Clingan out there and playing effectively. We will get better offfensively.
We ran our offense perfectly fine. We got the looks we wanted. We just had a couple of weird cold stretches. I wouldn’t be worried about it if we’re playing defense like that. Wagon.

Reaction Score
Well that i why I said our offense wasn't great. We couldn't shoot even with all those open looks. I mean misses were from Castle who had one of his worst games offensively. He was great on D though.
I think we're defining things differently. Makes and misses when you know your team can shoot can be statistical anomolies. I don't judge that really when considering how we played on offense. We ran a very good offense and got a lot of really good looks. To me, that means we ran good offense.

Castle: he missed not just 3s, but some midrange stuff he's hit in the past. My guess is that (a) the excitement of the crowd and the #1 ranking may have had him a bit over-energized, and/or (b) Creighton sagging off him as much as they did may have gotten into his head. Both are fixable.

Reaction Score
We ran our offense perfectly fine. We got the looks we wanted. We just had a couple of weird cold stretches. I wouldn’t be worried about it if we’re playing defense like that. Wagon.
We basically shot the same as Creighton. They wanted Castle taking open shots and he missed them. Problem for Creighton we just outhustled and outrebounded them and played suffocating D at times. We deserved to win but we still have to improve our shooting as a team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom